Minnie Vans | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Minnie Vans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was looking at the Facebook comments of this and found quite a few Disney Moms pointing out something I had no idea about: Uber charges an extra $10 for a car that includes a car seat, but Minnie-Vans have them included in the price. So for families with little ones, this is about the same price as an Uber, if not cheaper. It's also great for people with disabilities who have difficulty taking public transportation.

Also, a quote from the Disney Park Blog update:

"Starting later this month, guests at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will be able to arrange their own private Disney vehicle right from their smartphone. It’ll be simple to do. Just arrange a Minnie vehicle and a Disney cast member will arrive and drive you anywhere you wish at the Resort in a magical way that only Disney can do."

UPDATE: New Minnie Vehicle Service Begins In July at Walt Disney World Resort | Disney Parks Blog

EDIT: I tried finding a press release that confirmed that the Minnie Vans will have car seats, but couldn't find one. However, the commenters on the Disney Parks Blog FB were saying the tests of this system had 2 car seats available in each car. So this is assuming they continue this practice (which I hope they do).

Last edited:
I was looking at the Facebook comments of this and found quite a few Disney Moms pointing out something I had no idea about: Uber charges an extra $10 for a car that includes a car seat, but Minnie-Vans have them included in the price. So for families with little ones, this is about the same price as an Uber, if not cheaper. It's also great for people with disabilities who have difficulty taking public transportation.

Also, a quote from the Disney Park Blog update:

"Starting later this month, guests at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will be able to arrange their own private Disney vehicle right from their smartphone. It’ll be simple to do. Just arrange a Minnie vehicle and a Disney cast member will arrive and drive you anywhere you wish at the Resort in a magical way that only Disney can do."

UPDATE: New Minnie Vehicle Service Begins In July at Walt Disney World Resort | Disney Parks Blog
That's actually a good point about the car seat... especially since many that use this may need one.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
These only take you place to place on property correct? You can't take one of these vans to the airport or to the local publix, right?

These only take you place to place on property correct? You can't take one of these vans to the airport or to the local publix, right?
Yes, only Disney property.

It's interesting to note that they still haven't announced how you will pay for/order one of these. One would assume it would be through the MDE app, but it could be a separate app altogether.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, only Disney property.

It's interesting to note that they still haven't announced how you will pay for/order one of these. One would assume it would be through the MDE app, but it could be a separate app altogether.

I'm almost positive this has been answered already. It will be through the MDE app.

Reactions: Nick
So tl;dr for Minnie Vans vs other ride shares (as of 7/20/2017, can change once actually deployed and in the future)
  • Flat fare of $20 one way for as many guests as you need (reportedly includes extra vehicles if you need more storage and multiple stops to pick up people)
  • Handicapt accessable (two full size vans)
  • Two car seats, $10 uncharge for Uber for one
  • Drops off directly at Magic Kingdom, campsites, Pioneer Hall, and hotel rooms in large compounds (such as OKW)
  • Cast Members trained in how to install car seats
  • Average fair for four people through UberX is $5-$10 around property
  • Minnie Vans does not drop off to non WDW resorts or off property
  • No indication on average wait time for Minnie Vans yet, will be ordered through app
If you are familiar with Uber, Mears, and Lyft; do not have kids needing car seats; don't need to travel fast to any location; and value $10-$15 a trip then Minnie Vans are not for you. Minnie Vans are not for me.

Reactions: Scott W. and Nick
It's still a nice additional option. As stated, anything that gets less people on the bus/monorail is a good thing. I just wonder how smooth the transition will be. They will need a pretty large fleet to keep up with demand, if this takes off.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Being able to bypass the TTC would make it worth it for me if I was in a hurry to get to MK for a reservation or something like that.

Uber/Lyft are only allowed to drop off at the guest dropoff area at the TTC where you then have to go through the whole ordeal of taking either the ferry or monorail.

We usually just get dropped off outside of the Contemporary guard gate if we are going to MK. It's a short walk, but it beats the hassle of the TTC.

That's actually a good point about the car seat... especially since many that use this may need one.
Ah yes, one of the transportation industry's biggest liabilities. Car seats. When I in the industry we wouldn't ever provide them, and in the off chance we had a Super-VIP that insisted we have one for their child and we had to accommodate them, we'd provide a brand new one, but never be the one to install it. It was all a big CYA, obviously, but in the lawsuit crazy world we live in it was better safe than sorry. Also, many states don't require a car seat by law if the vehicle is public or "for hire". Obviously Disney can afford the risk for guest convenience, but I won't be at all surprised when the inevitable lawsuit pops up. And it doesn't necessarily even have to be a major accident where the car seat was defective or installed improperly. I've heard everything from "rubbed and caused a serious rash" to "the car seat gave my child chickenpox".

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
So I guess if a guest wants to go to Universal, a regular Lyft car will show up? I assume the Minnie Vans will not leave WDW property...

Could something like this be a viable option for getting between the two plots of land at Universal?
Something like a regular Lyft or an Uber would do the job at the moment anyway... there's no perk to it for Universal since their two properties are split apart.

Reactions: Scott W.