Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums

Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Studios Hollywood has shared its first details on Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge, the new signature ride that will be opening with Super Nintendo World in early 2023. @UniStudios #SuperNintendoWorld

C’mon, you really think they were going to miss out on that sweet power band cash by not having the interactive games/experiences?
Oh I didn't, but it's been continuously brought up as an example of Universal fumbling USH despite the only source being Screamscape

Yeah, was gonna say even if the footage was likely from Japan I'm sure they wouldn't have let the power band be in the footage for nothing.

On a side note, while I had a feeling the merch wasn't indicative of the ride name, I still felt some excitement knowing it's gonna be called Bowser's Challenge after all. :)

Tbh, I still feel the same way. I'm not crazy about the ride from what I've seen and heard, but I'll still give it a chance whenever I make it down there.

Still eagerly awaiting if the GP cares about the complaints that have been made. I think it's a decent, solid dark ride. Definitely more Toy Story Mania (though more practical) in what it's going for than Rise of the Resistance, so I hope EU has at least one of the latter.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Still eagerly awaiting if the GP cares about the complaints that have been made. I think it's a decent, solid dark ride. Definitely more Toy Story Mania (though more practical) in what it's going for than Rise of the Resistance, so I hope EU has at least one of the latter.

I've seen a lot of GP on tik tok not grasping what AR is or thinking it's another screen ride when the preview video clearly shows sets.

I've seen a lot of GP on tik tok not grasping what AR is or thinking it's another screen ride when the preview video clearly shows sets.
It is partially understandable why people would confuse things though, since after all rides such as Spiderman, Transformers and Gringotts have both sets and screens, so I guess people imagine it will be just like that. Worse some will probably think it is just a VR thing. AR is still something not that widely known.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It is partially understandable why people would confuse things though, since after all rides such as Spiderman, Transformers and Gringotts have both sets and screens, so I guess people imagine it will be just like that. Worse some will probably think it is just a VR thing. AR is still something not that widely known.

The comments were more like they were thinking it was like Minions or Simpsons than Spiderman, Gringotts, etc. Out here people really think of USH being a simulator park more than USO (despite Transformers and HP having actual sets).

But yeah despite Pokemon Go, people do think VR = AR = VR lol

Reactions: anihilnation