Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2016

My ever first night at Mardi gras was last night. Good lord what a blast, probably one of the best parades I've ever seen. It was insanely crowded due to fall out boy but that didn't stop the fun. Those actors destroy it!!!! Ridiculously energetic and happier as a human can possibly be. The floats were huge too and very detailed, my favorite was the Mexico one however a very close second to china. If you haven't gone yet, go. I've been avoiding it for years but I am definitely coming back for it next year

It was the most crowded and crazy last night I have ever seen. We had a good spot in our little hiding area which was quite enjoyable, but when trying to go to the bathroom I had to exit the barricade. First attempt prior to parade end was no problem. Second attempt they looked like they nearly had a riot begin to form. Third attempt I got out fine but was questioned coming back in and they told me to get one of my party to bring me in. Eventually they just let me go but it was pretty tough.

Event ops were doing a good job trying to deal with the situation but they were getting overwhelmed pretty much everywhere I saw. We left one song before the end and had no sweat getting out of the parking lot probably about 10 min from getting to car to I4 entrance ramp.

Fall out boy was really good and it was pretty much hit after hit.

While I agree it was extremely crowded, I think uni had an accident waiting to happen on their hands People were being misdirected into literal dead ends, if there was any disturbance that had a few people panic, itt would have been a catastrophe. We come every year and have never seen it so bad. They even closed the front gates for a while. Was told they realized they had a problem in the afternoon, but the fixes did not solve the problem. No doubt the popularity of Fallout Boy caused the huge crowd, but is was still a CF

Got there at about 4:30, realized I wasn't getting any closer than the tech booth, went and did T2, had dinner at Panda and saw the crowds still flocking into USF despite the signs saying the concert area was full. After a quick look at the wait times on the app I decided to give up. As I was heading back to my car around 8 they were announcing that Studios was at capacity and would not likely reopen. Just insane. I will definitely be getting there much earlier for 3 Doors Down (or hoping it rains in the afternoon).
I don't believe you'll run into any issues with 3 Doors Down.

Got there at about 4:30, realized I wasn't getting any closer than the tech booth, went and did T2, had dinner at Panda and saw the crowds still flocking into USF despite the signs saying the concert area was full. After a quick look at the wait times on the app I decided to give up. As I was heading back to my car around 8 they were announcing that Studios was at capacity and would not likely reopen. Just insane. I will definitely be getting there much earlier for 3 Doors Down (or hoping it rains in the afternoon).
3 Doors Down will not draw nearly the crowd FOB did last night.

FOB is still an extremely relevant band, selling out 15,000+ arenas and still earning Top 10 hits. I would expect huge crowds for them.
They were far and away the most relevant/established band with the strongest fan base in the concert line up.

Event ops were doing a good job trying to deal with the situation but they were getting overwhelmed pretty much everywhere I saw. We left one song before the end and had no sweat getting out of the parking lot probably about 10 min from getting to car to I4 entrance ramp.

Thank you. I got thrown into concert after my production shift ended early. It was insanely busy. I appreciate the appreciation, lol.

Ops could do nothing. There was far too many people and people simply not giving any s***s and just shoving past said TMs....which turned into mobs.

I don't know, in my little area, people weren't shoving past me, but I'm a hard ass and have been doing this far too long for that to happen. It will be a day that lives in infamy in my department, like One Direction, grand opening of Hogsmeade, and every single Pitbull concert there's ever been.

I don't know, in my little area, people weren't shoving past me, but I'm a hard ass and have been doing this far too long for that to happen. It will be a day that lives in infamy in my department, like One Direction, grand opening of Hogsmeade, and every single Pitbull concert there's ever been.
Over in the corridor between Transformers and Shrek, there was a divider between concert area and regular park area. I saw a TM literally get punched and people stampede past afterward to get into the far back "concert area". I watched most of it sitting on the edge of a planter looking at the screens and just listened.

Over in the corridor between Transformers and Shrek, there was a divider between concert area and regular park area. I saw a TM literally get punched and people stampede past afterward to get into the far back "concert area". I watched most of it sitting on the edge of a planter looking at the screens and just listened.
Don't talk about my secret place for concerts ;) sounds like we were right next to another and I think that barricade was getting the brunt of the pain last night.

@kimlovesfl I always appreciate everything that you all have to deal with on a daily basis and really hope you all get the respect you deserve.

I give props to all the TMs, I was in a group with all my vlogger friends from YouTube and a bunch of seasonal workers for uni. All of us were shocked at the crowds, it's hard to describe to anybody who wasn't there. Hour long waits for ET, TMs screaming at people with megaphones, people waiting 12 hours in the sun to see FOB, it was the definition of a madhouse. We were thinking "good lord I pray for anybody who had to work tonight", and to all who did, you did a fantastic job with what was around you

No question, the TM,s were trying but they could not see what was happening where they couldn't see. The bartenders at Finnies who are some of the nicest,most capable anywhere said the people were mostly obnoxious. These are the same people who handle the HHN crowds with a smile. Just hope it's a lesson learned for UNI.

Record Breaking.....
Yeah park at capacity all in a 10th of the full park area... I believe it was record breaking and incredibly stressing. This was nowhere near diagon or hogsmede where the crowds could be dispersed. They were all just there.