Lower Lot Redesign | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It'll have to stay for a little while; as far as I'm aware, that building houses the only public bathrooms on the Lower Lot. If anything, the building will probably undergo a process similar to Mummy Treats/RotM Lockers: keep the function the same, but redo the floorplan. While the path by Transformers is very open, I'm not sure the pathway by the bathrooms is wide enough to be an actual thoroughfare.

True, or they build a brand new bathroom facility before demoing that area, that's what they did prior to Springfield starting construction. 

I still don't understand why they decided to build the Studio Café. After demolishing the NBCUniversal Experience they should've kept that space open for a wider pathway. Assuming guests will be accessing the expanded Lower Lot through that passage, it's going to become a very high traffic area. Why not stretch the footprint of Panda Express toward RotM to include indoor seating so that both the Studio Café and the outdoor seating behind it can be removed?

I still don't understand why they decided to build the Studio Café. After demolishing the NBCUniversal Experience they should've kept that space open for a wider pathway. Assuming guests will be accessing the expanded Lower Lot through that passage, it's going to become a very high traffic area. Why not stretch the footprint of Panda Express toward RotM to include indoor seating so that both the Studio Café and the outdoor seating behind it can be removed?

Because Kurtzweil. He wants his legacy of 3D and grab n gos to carry on under Karren. 

I don't see that Studio Cafe lasting  with the lower lot redo. 

They have to keep the momentum going, and with Star Wars land announced to open a little earlier than expected, the pressure is on.  Crazy to think how long it took them to do anything before and now within this decade they will have accomplished a lot.  

Reactions: Jonathan
Food for thought. What if the Studio Tour moved to that area in the Lower-Lot? I remember it was mentioned before on the IU podcast with Mike Sington. The current ST area coupled with those backstage areas nestled in-between Curious George and CityWalk would give them a decent plot of land around 9 acres in size.

Last edited by a moderator:
I brought that up in the past, as I've always thought that it could make sense to do that.

With also moving the Sonar panels to a different location near the backlot (or getting rid of them altogether), the relocation of the maintenance bay to the old Tram mid-way point; and a relocation of the Tour Plaza to 22-25; it'd make sense. It would also still leave 28 potentially open for an attraction if they wanted to add something else. 

Unless stages 16 - 20 leave I'm not sure how they could fit a land in that area. 

Correct, if they were able to get 16-20 it would definitely be a proper sized land. But, I personally don't see that happening as much as I would like it. Also, the Carl Laemmle building would be a MASSIVE sight line issue going that deep into the front lot.

Reactions: Aaron
I dont think it's Nintendo land it's to small to be built 

If a land were to be done for 22-25/28, I would think that it'd be handled similar to Springfield. Not, a full-sized land.

I totally agree the area it's just to small to built a land at that location, were just gonna have to wait until an announcement is made .

Food for thought. What if the Studio Tour moved to that area in the Lower-Lot? I remember it was mentioned before on the IU podcast with Mike Sington. The current ST area coupled with those backstage areas nestled in-between Curious George and CityWalk would give them a decent plot of land around 9 acres in size.

coughdiagonalleycough

^I was just about to say... with all this talk of Nintendo, all the possible Diagon Alley talk had really died off.  But was just in the park recently, and seeing as how Wizarding World is still basically mobbed every day, there'd certainly be an audience for it.

^I was just about to say... with all this talk of Nintendo, all the possible Diagon Alley talk had really died off.  But was just in the park recently, and seeing as how Wizarding World is still basically mobbed every day, there'd certainly be an audience for it.

I honestly have to believe that as it is, the 2024 Olympics will determine whether or not USH gets Diagon Alley sooner than later. 

I honestly have to believe that as it is, the 2024 Olympics will determine whether or not USH gets Diagon Alley sooner than later. 

Uh, no. They can't wait ten years to build it. That's way too late by that time. They should start building this year or forget it, IMO. 

They should have something else ready by then though. 

Uh, no. They can't wait ten years to build it. That's way too late by that time. They should start building this year or forget it, IMO. 

They should have something else ready by then though. 

They're deciding the host city for 2024 this September. So that would still be plenty of time.