Legoland Florida | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Legoland has announced that they are adding a new dining venue via their facebook page...

We're adding an all new dining option for your LEGOLAND Florida experience.

Expected to be open before the end of the year, Fried Chicken Co. wil offer indoor and outdoor dining for very reasonable prices.

Combo meals, like all other dining locations at the park, will be offered for under $10!

iVzm5Xk8AuGc6.jpg

Attractions Magazine reported the following about Legoland Florida's "birthday" event....

iTFcNpDxlx2p4.jpg

Today, Oct. 15, 2012, marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of Legoland Florida. Park guests enjoyed thousands of free brightly colored cupcakes, birthday buttons and a prize patrol team that passed out gifts such as free food, model shop tours, admission tickets and annual passes. Here’s a video of the birthday (or brickday) celebration featuring Legoland Florida General Manager Adrian Jones, Buddy and a cake made out of Legos:

[video=youtube;Q0U8niE1E6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0U8niE1E6Q[/video]​

In Legoland Florida’s first year, the park’s many plants and trees have grown, a water park and restaurant was added and more. Already on tap for their second year is a new Fried Chicken Co. restaurant and a Star Wars expansion of their Miniland.

iuIZsP6KOG3LS.jpg

Additionally, @attractions posted about the construction progress of the new restaurant:

Coming soon to Legoland Florida - Fried Chicken Co. restaurant.

ibk5eDnGIMlDZC.png

Legoland has made two new recent announcements.....

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (October 18, 2012) – Today, LEGOLAND® Florida announced that the new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display will officially open to guests on Friday, November 9.

The new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland will include a scene from each of the six live-action Star Wars™ movies, as well as a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ all created from more than 1.5 million LEGO bricks and built in 1:20 scale. Some of the 2,000 LEGO® models will be more than 6-feet-tall. Interactive buttons will allow children to activate animations throughout the scenes.

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (Oct. 15, 2012) – LEGOLAND® Florida today announced during its first birthday celebration it is seeking qualified applicants for a new, in-house Master Model Builder to join its team. Essential job responsibilities include envisioning, designing and building unique LEGO® creations.

“Master Model Builders are royalty here at the park,” said General Manager Adrian Jones. “They enjoy celebrity status and when they’re not being interviewed by reporters and paparazzi, they spend eight hours a day playing in the model shop. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want this job?”

Would-be builders must first submit a short video clip of themselves and a home-made LEGO® creation. Candidates will be culled through Facebook voting, then invited to the park December 1 and 2 to participate in a series of skills tests. Details on the video submission and the search are available at http://Florida.LEGOLAND.com/MMB.

“In all seriousness, this is the most important job at the park,” said Jones. “Our builders typically have a life-long love of LEGO, are wildly imaginative, extraordinarily detailed and focused and just love what they do. If you have a passion for play, we encourage you to apply.”

The new Master Model Builder will be expected to report for duty January 1 and will join two other builders and a team of animators and technicians to build and maintain the signature LEGO models featured throughout the 150-acre family theme park.

During the park’s first birthday festivities, guests enjoyed thousands of free brightly colored cupcakes, birthday buttons and a prize patrol team that passed out gifts such as free food, model shop tours, admission tickets and annual passes. One lucky family received a family four pack of Ambassador Passes granting them lifetime admission to LEGOLAND Florida, LEGOLAND Water Park and all LEGOLAND parks around the world as well as discounts on food and merchandise and more.

The park features more than 50 rides, shows and attractions designed for families with children ages 2 to 12. LEGOLAND Florida is located 45 minutes between Orlando and Tampa.

From Legoland's Facebook

Hi friends! Our newest sit-down restaurant is now open in LEGO City! The Fried Chicken Company across from Ford Driving School features delicious fried chicken, chicken sandwiches and wraps, so be sure to stop in for yummy food a great retro-inspired LEGO decor!

iQf8PN0r43BGs.jpg

Additionally, the Star Wars Miniland has opened:

[video=youtube;Svu8QE4JJgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svu8QE4JJgU[/video]

Looking like Ill we will me making out first trip to Legoland some point this spring time. Excited and more so since my oldest daughter just hit the 36" mark! Question though for those that have been, is there much to do for the younger ones that are under 36"? My youngest is just at the 30" mark and not sure what if, if much, is there to do for her.

Looking like Ill we will me making out first trip to Legoland some point this spring time. Excited and more so since my oldest daughter just hit the 36" mark! Question though for those that have been, is there much to do for the younger ones that are under 36"? My youngest is just at the 30" mark and not sure what if, if much, is there to do for her.

A lot of the stuff there is 36 inches or higher, but there are a few things for the little ones. Personally I didnt care for the park (Im a big Lego fan too), I only liked The Dragon, Miniland, and Coastersaurus.

A lot of the stuff there is 36 inches or higher, but there are a few things for the little ones. Personally I didnt care for the park (Im a big Lego fan too), I only liked The Dragon, Miniland, and Coastersaurus.

Well I know going in that they don't have the type of thrills like IOA has so im not really expecting much in that department and its cool. Its geared more towards the little ones so im more excited for them to experience some of these rides and attraction for their first time. But for sure will ride the rides I can and you can bet on me acting like a kid when ever the opportunity allows me :lol:

Well I know going in that they don't have the type of thrills like IOA has so im not really expecting much in that department and its cool. Its geared more towards the little ones so im more excited for them to experience some of these rides and attraction for their first time. But for sure will ride the rides I can and you can bet on me acting like a kid when ever the opportunity allows me :lol:

Even when I went I knew not to expect anything like Disney or Universal, but it was lack of things to do which made me dislike the park. Surprisingly it wasnt the fact it's geared towards younger kids.

Even when I went I knew not to expect anything like Disney or Universal, but it was lack of things to do which made me dislike the park. Surprisingly it wasnt the fact it's geared towards younger kids.

They may not have that much to do, but the park just opened as well. I think they took a little risk opening the park, but clearly its successful so they're obviously expanding. I'm excited to visit the park in a couple months!

They may not have that much to do, but the park just opened as well. I think they took a little risk opening the park, but clearly its successful so they're obviously expanding. I'm excited to visit the park in a couple months!

Hopefully the Legends of Chima land will be worth going down there again.

http://florida.legoland.com/Documents/pdf/WTDWY2flyer.pdf

I found this list of some stuff the park has to do for the younger ones, a couple on there have a 34" height restriction but most of them aren't limited.

I can't confirm it but given all the stuff California has and this park seems to be getting all of CA's good ideas I would not doubt it in the least. Would be an awesome place for a staycation