Legend of Jack Sparrow | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Legend of Jack Sparrow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I liked the Chronicles of Narnia display they used to have here and I am pretty interested to see one based on Pirates of the Caribbean. Anyone else feel the same way?

I'm certainly curious about it. I'm just not sure if I'll ever make an effort to see it.

Warning! NSFW Language
[video=youtube;GI6CfKcMhjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY[/video]
If this isn't included I will cry! :'(

Last edited:
i like the direction they're going, but it sounds like there's potential for it to suck on ice.

Wonder if this will be the bastardized version of Sparrow from films 2-4 or the original Sparrow. One reviewer put it this way and it's the most accurate description of the series I can muster, "The original Sparrow had the appearance of a buffoon hiding a great pirate, whereas the later Sparrow was portrayed as a great pirate, secretly hiding a buffoon."

In case you're wondering what the hell I mean, check out the look on Sparrow's face when he pulls the trigger on Barbosa in CotBP. Intense, dark, devious, and intelligent.

i agree, now that i think about it more. although, i felt that it was 3 and 4 that felt more like the "great pirate hiding a buffoon".

i mean yeah, Dead Man's Chest didn't make him seem nearly like CotBP, but like i still felt there was something dark and potentially brilliant about him. but by 3 and 4 it felt like he was just...there. there wasn't anything substantial about him. especially in 4.

‏@kennypirate posted the following pic of the progress on the attraction's facade.

ibicSD2cmCbCxK.jpg

i like the direction they're going, but it sounds like there's potential for it to suck on ice.

i agree, now that i think about it more. although, i felt that it was 3 and 4 that felt more like the "great pirate hiding a buffoon".

i mean yeah, Dead Man's Chest didn't make him seem nearly like CotBP, but like i still felt there was something dark and potentially brilliant about him. but by 3 and 4 it felt like he was just...there. there wasn't anything substantial about him. especially in 4.

Well movie 1 was grounded in reality with elements of fantasy whereas 2,3, and 4 were rooted in fantasy with elements of reality. I think with it, Jack was robbed of any realism.

This attraction is going to actually be pretty good, i was low hopes for this but after today...... its going to be something DHS will keep around awhile!

Last edited:
Is there any word on an opening date for this, or are the walls just going to come down one day? :lol:

Well that's a very bold mural. Hopefully whatever is in inside is as striking as that.

Has anyone thought that this might be a boys equivalent to Belle's Enchanted Tales?

So does anyone know what this even is going to be? All I know is that its going be something interactive.

Well considering they held a news conference for additional seats at Fantasmic and this got announced through their blog and the quarterly annual pass Mickey monitor. I'm expecting VERY little. Something along the lines of what Narnia was with an overlay of Pirates.