Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Least Favorite HHN Houses

That would be a case of the "best worst", where it was the worst for you because it did it's job of creeping you the frick out. Which is totally understandable since DotD got under a lot of people's skin.
Absolutely!!! I loved every second while hating it because of how unrelenting it was. That smell will never leave my nostrils lol

The only one that stands out to me in recent memory is Roanoke. That was terrible.
Man I must've had some insane luck. Roanoke and run were by far some of the most fun walkthroughs I've ever had in my years of going to HHN. Loved every second of those two, maybe I'm just weird lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Roanoke is in my bottom 5. The cast tried as hard as they could but it just wasn't scary. Same with last year's TWD house.
Does it have to be scary, though? For me - I am so subjective w these creatures Bc I know They're live theater. ALSO, Bc these haven't truly "scared" me in years. I think there's other factors / important aspects to these beasts rather than pure scare factor.

Does it have to be scary, though? For me - I am so subjective w these creatures Bc I know They're live theater. ALSO, Bc these haven't truly "scared" me in years. I think there's other factors / important aspects to these beasts rather than pure scare factor.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I've only been to one HHN (three nights). I didn't come close to being scared. But I did enjoy the theatrics and scenic aspects of the houses & street scare zones. Speaking of theatrics, we actually enjoyed the Rocky Horror Picture show the most. My GF and I are big fans of the movie and watch it once a year around Halloween. The cast did a really nice job, though it was a condensed version. My GF's eyes followed Rocky's every move. I still jag her about that.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I've only been to one HHN (three nights). I didn't come close to being scared. But I did enjoy the theatrics and scenic aspects of the houses & street scare zones. Speaking of theatrics, we actually enjoyed the Rocky Horror Picture show the most. My GF and I are big fans of the movie and watch it once a year around Halloween. The cast did a really nice job, though it was a condensed version. My GF's eyes followed Rocky's every move. I still jag her about that.
I got kicked outta that show for doing callbacks. It was annoying.

I've always been a little jealous of those that can get scared in the houses. For me it's all about seeing the sets, actors and effects. The best I ever get as far a scare factor is the rare occasional startle which for me really isn't a scare but more of a sudden stop to keep from walking into the actor that jumped in front of me. I watch others approach the houses with anticipation and truly walk through a house scared at every corner, I sometimes wish I could experience that.
I can't imagine what you have to do to get kicked out! I've seen pretty much everything and the staff is generally pretty good about it, they'll come over and say something when it goes too far, but they're approach is generally more a friendly reminder. I've never seen anyone get kicked out.

This thread is awesome!!!

I don't see the hate for Alice cooper. Might be because I'm a fanboy of his but I thought it did very well with its source material

I thought there was a definite split in the house. Before the incident where the scare-actor was attacked, it was ok, not great, but not worst ever. After, the cast just seemed to give up. Would often just stand there.

I've always been a little jealous of those that can get scared in the houses. For me it's all about seeing the sets, actors and effects. The best I ever get as far a scare factor is the rare occasional startle which for me really isn't a scare but more of a sudden stop to keep from walking into the actor that jumped in front of me. I watch others approach the houses with anticipation and truly walk through a house scared at every corner, I sometimes wish I could experience that.

I can't imagine what you have to do to get kicked out! I've seen pretty much everything and the staff is generally pretty good about it, they'll come over and say something when it goes too far, but they're approach is generally more a friendly reminder. I've never seen anyone get kicked out.
The time we went, staff in break were dancing and doing callbacks...

I thought there was a definite split in the house. Before the incident where the scare-actor was attacked, it was ok, not great, but not worst ever. After, the cast just seemed to give up. Would often just stand there.
I completely forgot about that fiasco, I only went in the house before that so I remember them acting. The black widow actually startled me pretty well. I heard it was an insanely miserable time backstage after that incident so it just might've been upset actors, such a shame
Roanoke is in my bottom 5. The cast tried as hard as they could but it just wasn't scary. Same with last year's TWD house.
I got startled a ton in that house, in the end though that's not what made it good for me. The insane gore, atmosphere and the energetic cast just made it a personal favorite to me. Man I really have to hand it to A&D for those original 24 houses. All solid
because that's what RHPS is all about, behaving. I'm so glad it's gone now, missed the entire reason why Rocky is such a cult favorite

I think the worst an HHN house can be is forgettable. I also have to give props to reflections of fear for trying something new. It was more avant garde than scary and it kinda told a story witch is hard to do in a house. What were y'all's problems with it?

I think the worst an HHN house can be is forgettable. I also have to give props to reflections of fear for trying something new. It was more avant garde than scary and it kinda told a story witch is hard to do in a house. What were y'all's problems with it?

It was awful. :lol:

The houses have never been sub par (To my opinion) and honestly that could very well be due to the popularity of the IP. I also am one who doesn't understand the fatigue view of those houses/property cause its not like we get the same exact house or even close to the same house every year.. its also zombies? sure, its Halloween and zombies are a huge part of that (if you ask me). I guess this just shows how spoiled we are as fans of universal they could very well bring in a lot of the same sets from previous years same plots and ideas but i for one don't think they do and if they do its a very low percentage.

with that said this years run belongs on top 25 of least liked houses. It just wasnt scary AT ALL.

I guess this just shows how spoiled we are as fans of universal they could very well bring in a lot of the same sets from previous years same plots and ideas but i for one don't think they do and if they do its a very low percentage.

They do. :lol:

EDIT: Totally misread that. Thought you were solely regarding TWD.

Last edited:
It was awful. :lol:
I was wondering why in particular. Never went through it but the videos of it don't look to shabby.
They haven't been terrible (Although last year's house could certainly make a few lists).

Problem is fatigue.
Completely agree, they're all mediocre and that's why it sucks. It's one thing to have same great thing but different every year (look at B&T). However something boring year after year just becomes a chore to go through. Seriously annoying

I was wondering why in particular. Never went through it but the videos of it don't look to shabby.

For my tastes, I was expecting a different direction than a reliving of the plot of how she became Bloody Mary. Also, the Mary actresses wasn't Mary. Just looked like a pretty girl in light make-up.

House was kinda confusing too. Remember, this was an Icon that got a huuuuuuuuuge backstory so fans already went in knowing a good amount of the story, so to leave the house confused was kinda weird.

Just a lot of ideas that weren't executed correctly or fleshed out.

Worst of all time.... Please note there are several other just atrocious houses out there but these stick out above the rest

5.Cold Blind Terror
4.P.U.T.S
3.Penn and Teller
2.Fear Factor
1.Reflections of Fear