Kraken Unleashed | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Kraken Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I'm not wearing the VR so I'll see it...lol It's been overdue for a paint job. It looks absolutely horrid in the tunnel...which is highly visible form JTA. I guess they are just penny pinching where they can get away with if for the time being.

Reactions: anihilnation
Photos of Kraken's entrance construction from Screamscape: SeaWorld Florida

db_2017_0515_KrakenWork11.jpg

db_2017_0515_KrakenWork21.jpg

Reactions: WAJAS and Alicia
I'm liking the changes to the front so far. That Kraken head was really weird looking. I only wish that they could hide the Antarctica show building a bit better and sculpt more rock-work in the tunnels.

The entrance is looking good. This update also has a bit of the new Pop show, which doesn't seem half bad. (Are those two big screens from the SWSD One Ocean show?)

Thanks! I was able to make a reservation for 1pm on the 13th.

The passholder email they sent out talked all about all kinds of offers I had to log in to reserve, but not sure Kraken Unleashed was one of them. If not for this I might have missed it. Thanks!

Here's what's coming after the preview day:

Kraken Unleashed Early Entry
Early entry access one hour prior to park open on Tuesdays and Saturdays, June 17 - August 5. Check the website for park hours prior to arrival. Valid for early entry one hour prior to park open. Show Pass at entry. Riders must meet all height and safety requirements.

Kraken Unleashed One-Time Quick Queue
Skip the lines and race through the thrilling new virtual reality experience of Kraken® Unleashed with this one-time Quick Queue® in July. Reservations available starting June 19.
Quick Queue valid July 1 -31, 2017 Reservations available starting June 19 Online reservation required. Limited availability. Limit one per active Pass Member Valid only on reservation date Reservation date cannot be changed or cancelled Height and safety restrictions apply Ride and reservations may be cancelled for any reason without prior notice. Rides present forces and speeds that may not be suitable for guests with pre-existing health conditions. Guests must meet all rider safety requirements to participate. Non-refundable, non-transferrable, not available for resale and has no cash value. Will not be replaced if lost or stolen.​

Also, looks like you can make a one-time quick queue reservation for Mako in June too. That's neat.

Last edited:
Reactions: MakoMania and Speed

While I am excited to try it, that's a lot of cumbersome stuff attached all over the train. Wires, headset size adjusting, focus adjustments... how long is gonna take to load/unload this ride now?

In any case, will be my first VR coaster experience on Tuesday and I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
While I am excited to try it, that's a lot of cumbersome stuff attached all over the train. Wires, headset size adjusting, focus adjustments... how long is gonna take to load/unload this ride now?

In any case, will be my first VR coaster experience on Tuesday and I'm pretty jazzed about it.
The person running the Midway account told me that today they’re loading slow since it’s day one but as time goes on the TMs should be able to start running them more quicker

Load times definitely increase. Unload will take slightly longer, but not much. The good thing is that headset and focus adjustments are very simple twists of a knob and passengers can do it themselves after an attendant walks away. What eats up most of the time is giving information to new riders. Expect to see signs in the queue detailing how it all works. The other time eater is making sure they're all functioning properly. When the attendant puts your headset on, they'll ask "what do you see?" or "Do you see ____?" to make sure the video is displayed. Overall, there are a few steps, but they're all very brief and hopefully attendants will give information to a whole row at once. And the more information you can give riders before they're on the train, the better.

And have fun!! My six flags park has done 2 VR experiences this year (a family coaster and a 400 ft drop tower) and they were both awesome. VR on a coaster is a totally surreal experience, you'll have a blast.

Reactions: WAJAS and Alicia
IMO Kraken is done. They needed to tare this coaster down (Maybe not for capacity purposes) but still.
I'll give it a shot though.

Yeah, let's also "tare" down Montu, Apollo's Chariot, Dragon Challenge, Kumba, Alpengeist and every other B&M pre-2000. What kind of logic?