Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

So now that I've said all of my praises about JL in the SFMM, let's talk about Iron Reef.

Considering Knott's is about the same cliental as SFMM, but in in the OC, you really have to wonder what the heck they were thinking with Triotech and Iron Reef. Cheap sets, crappy gaming system, no effects, horrible animations….it's a mess. To top it off, SFMM build something WAY better from the ground up while Knott's barely retrofitted this ride in the KoD building. It's really sad to see we could've gotten so much better and Knott's deserves more.

Now, I know someone who got to do a backstage tour of the ride. This person told me that all of the sets are held up like they would hold up haunt mazes. Very temporary for a permanent ride. Not to mention, they're really frustrated at how broken the ride is. Everyone hates this ride including management so I would be surprised to see this last more then ten years. I really hope SFMM will pressure them into replacing this crap with a far better dark ride. What do you all think?

I actually don't think Iron Reef is all that bad.

Pros: Screen graphics are good, and I love the sense of "continual" play, in that there's smooth transitions between screens. Like how individual guns are colored, and aim seems pretty good to me. (That said, I'm not really much of a gamer.)

Cons: Load/unload is ridiculously slow. Sets between screens aren't great. Never did understand the point of staring at that motionless engine (or whatever it is) in the first room.

Am I a huge fan of the ride? I'm not a huge fan of shooters in general, but as far as they go, I don't think this one's bad. Better than Buzz, maybe better than TSMM.

While I haven't yet been on SFMM's version of JL, I have been on SFStL and SFOT's versions, and comapred to them, Iron Reef is probably below them, but not by much. And I'd even put it above the SFStL version.

FYI, Boardwalk BBQ opened just today, and as of yesterday, Sol Spin reopened (after being down for nearly 3 weeks) with a longer ride cycle!

In case anyone cares, Boomerang is currently at Most Amusement Rides in The Netherlands for a refurbishment. Not sure it's going to end up back at a CF park cause I'm sure there are places in the US that could do the same thing. Most people seem to think it would end up at Michigan's Adventure. However since it's been sent over there, I don't see CF spending all that in shipping for a Boomerang coaster. Others have also said it was sold to another park outside of CF...however those folks heard it from people who know more than the Dippin' Dots employees. So I guess MA is getting more trash cans this year...(maybe a water slide).
Last week a new rollercoaster arrived... - Most Amusement Rides | Facebook
knottsboommostamuserides.JPG

ALSO!!!
The park will be making it's 2018 announcement on August 16th!

Last edited:
After the horrible accident at the Ohio Fair, La Revolution will be shut down indefinitely for safety inspection.

Also, Xcelerator is down indefinitely for maintanence work. That's a bummer considering it's my second favorite ride. It seems to go down a lot.

After the horrible accident at the Ohio Fair, La Revolution will be shut down indefinitely for safety inspection.

Also, Xcelerator is down indefinitely for maintanence work. That's a bummer considering it's my second favorite ride. It seems to go down a lot.

Why do I get the feeling that La Revolution will get taken down, due to the tragic events that occurred.

As for Xcelerator, glad to hear it's more maintenance for that ride.

Why do I get the feeling that La Revolution will get taken down, due to the tragic events that occurred.

As for Xcelerator, glad to hear it's more maintenance for that ride.
Closing a ride for safety inspections is common and expected when similar rides elsewhere have horrible accidents. It's not going to be torn down because a portable carnival ride similar to that had a bad accident. By that logic, that would mean all RMCs would have been torn down after the Texas Giant accident. This is an understandable safety protocol.

As terrible as that accident was, at least carnival rides will be under more scrutiny for safety inspections. La Revolution is a permanent ride in a permanent theme park. That ride was in an annual state fair. One is going to be more adamant about safety.

They just had Maintenance on Xcelerator around the time they started taking Boomerang down. Something must have happened since then. Either that or they just need to work in the area for the 2018 project. The latter seems likely since it's opening says TBD.

With La Revolucion, while designed by KMG, it's manufactured by Chance Morgan and is a different model. KMG themselves said it wasn't included in the ones that should be temporarily closed for inspection. California made that call as an extra precaution...as they always seem to do. It will hopefully reopen soon.

Meant to post this last night, but I was looking at knotts tickets in general yesterday and decided to check scary farm stuff, and they had dates and tickets on sale, more interesting to me, was that fright and fast lane were combined into the same pass instead of sold separately, and also there is something called the all inclusive ticket which includes parking, boofet and fright+fast lane. Has this always been there or am I breaking something. If it hasn't been announced then do you think they were gonna unveil it today at Midsummer.