Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 901 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting clip at the end, appears if the train doesn't make it over the top part of the reset to relaunch it involves a small backwards launch to create a rolling start for the second launch.

Hard to tell. I started to think that it was just momentum from coming back down. However, it did sound like the launches were firing (although that could have just been the fins going through the coaster.

Interesting clip at the end, appears if the train doesn't make it over the top part of the reset to relaunch it involves a small backwards launch to create a rolling start for the second launch.

I'm hoping to experience a rollback sometime

I've witnessed this in person every time they need to relaunch it

Reactions: devinp267
the redo wont happen they were offered the new coaster or jurasic world river adventure retheme and they chose the new coaster

I dont think its that kind of binary choice.
JPRA clearly needs a lot of TLC and it makes business sense to rework it as a 'new' attraction at some point. It also makes a lot of sense to spread the JP/JW investment over a few seasons.

I would like to see the new additions to JWRA before it comes to Orlando. At the very least I think queue upgrades and new animatronics are needed.

Under the walkway in front of the Discovery Center along the lagoon right where the heartland roll is, they should have an underwater Mosasaurus viewing area. Not only have a day/night version, but also be able to kind of see the Velocicoaster passing above. The night version with the blue lights would be cool.

I know it was a one or the other choice when EU was moving full steam ahead. But with EU paused, I think all bets are off.
A multi-year retheme of JP into JW wouldn't be terrible

When I was there last I guess I forgot how much people love JPRA so I don't ever see it leaving

But I would love a fresh take on it

A multi-year retheme of JP into JW wouldn't be terrible

When I was there last I guess I forgot how much people love JPRA so I don't ever see it leaving

But I would love a fresh take on it

It's always going to be a favorite for people. Really good ride. Not many attractions give you two completely different experiences in one ride like this one does. I'd be for a JW overlay/conversion.

:bigeye:
New video from AmusementInsider gets a first look inside the station and a peak at the show scene.. Plus, some new lighting effects for the paddock walls.

7DEF73EB-19A8-4165-B9AF-ED43AEE2F35F.jpeg
Appears that some of the construction isn’t entirely complete in there, so don’t expect any openings in the near future. Some time in mid-late April would be my guess.

A6B2E3B9-19A3-471F-8EC9-83E688811E3A.jpeg
Screen (musion perhaps?) effect accompanied by a shaking physical cage. Looks good!

Last edited:
God, it looks so good at night. Not that it doesn’t look good in sunlight, but it’s next level gorgeous with shadows and the various night lighting. Like River Adventure, this is gonna be one of those “right before closing” rides worth cramming in one last time because it takes on a whole other ambiance once the sun’s down.

Yesterday I got to see it in person for the first time since before the lockdown and I am really impressed with the way it fits into the area now, like it was always there. I wasn't sure when it was all construction walls, but the finished product feels like it belongs there.

I walked a full loop of both parks yesterday and I was struck by how full of motion IoA looks compared to Studios. It's really starting to feel off balance with lack of big, visible E-tickets in Studios compared to IoA.

:bigeye:
New video from AmusementInsider gets a first look inside the station and a peak at the show scene.. Plus, some new lighting effects for the paddock walls.

View attachment 14118
Appears that some of the construction isn’t entirely complete in there, so don’t expect any openings in the near future. Some time in mid-late April would be my guess.

View attachment 14119
Screen (musion perhaps?) effect accompanied by a shaking physical cage. Looks good!

Animatronic chain for the win.

I know it was a one or the other choice when EU was moving full steam ahead. But with EU paused, I think all bets are off.

I genuinely think Jurassic World is getting top billing during this time. It should be extremely cheap for them to do, and would requite not that much in heavy reworking. The only things that would need to be on the priority, are for just two show scenes: T-Rex Kingdom and the Mosasaurus Aquarium. Velocicoaster feels like it fits into the park like a glove. It is time for River Adventure and the Discovery Center (or should I say, the Innovation Center) to finally get the love that they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.