Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 460 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an early 20 year old who doesn't drink and vacations to theme parks multiple times a year, I find this offensive. :lol:

Although adults might enjoy the parks (and have more financial stability to go regularly), I would still say that young adults are one of UO's big target demos. Get them to buy in, and they will keep coming back and turn their kids into Universal kids as well. Plus, those "party animals" can make bank for Universal in CityWalk.

:topic:

I am really curious to see if this coaster does turn into a Taron-style coaster and be a real thrill ride, or if they'll make it more family friendly. I couldn't find anything on Taron's height restrictions - anyone know what those might be?.
Well glad to hear your more mature than the majority of those in your age group, yay you.

That doesn’t discount my statement and which you then agree with with your citywalk addition.

Be offended if you’d like I said I was one of those that I speak, and the majority of those in that age group are.

Sounds more like werew gonna have to introduce you to my sophisticated friend bourbon before too long

They always say you just have to find the right drink. So far, my right drink is a Pibb Xtra. :cheers:

The official website says:

Minimum height: 1.30 m
Between 1.30 m and 1.40 m you must be be accompanied by an adult.

That's about 51 inches when converted I believe.

Dang, that'll keep a lot of kids off it for sure. Hulk is 54, for direct comparison.

Well glad to hear your more mature than the majority of those in your age group, yay you.

In my personal experience, the party friends have been a minority in my friend group. Opposites do NOT attract when it comes to the idea of a good time, that's for sure!

As far as Universal crowds go, I was going bonkers when we ended up going during Gradventure. There's a difference in having a good time and being disrespectful, and that comes down to parenting.

Reactions: RevFreako
Not that I can possibly be dissapointed by a new coaster in JP, especially one like Taron, but after seeing the level of detail going on with the Potter one, Im bummed this one will be more "bare" like Hulk.

Ahhh, kids these days lol. I don't think those that are disruptive are the majority, just that they are more noticeable.

Just like anything. The loudest are typically assumed to be the majority, because they are loud.

This. I'm 16 and I'm not nearly as disruptive as some people. Most kids are like me.

I knew a couple of kids back in high school who would fit the bill of disruptive, but always in good fun, never in mean spirit. Like I said earlier, there's having a good time, and there's being disrespectful. I can appreciate young folks having a good time. I can't appreciate them cutting in line and getting in the way.

Not that I can possibly be dissapointed by a new coaster in JP, especially one like Taron, but after seeing the level of detail going on with the Potter one, Im bummed this one will be more "bare" like Hulk.

If we get the thrilling ride we're thinking, I'd be willing to sacrifice ride theming for the thrills. After all, could you really appreciate detail in a ride like the Hulk? (I know if I look anywhere except directly in front of me, I get real motion sick.)

The queue can still be themed up to the gills, though. Please let it be themed up to the gills.

This. I'm 16 and I'm not nearly as disruptive as some people. Most kids are like me.
People said the same thing when I was your age (and basically every generation). I guess most people forget being young as they get older.

I remember once there was opposition to a laser tag place being built (where those under a certain age would need to be checked in and out by an adult) BECAUSE there were already bad kids living in the neighborhood behind it. I still don't see how that's justification for not letting good kids have something to do (non-disruptive/destructive).

This. Look at the Potter coaster. If it was just going to be a coaster like this one, it could probably open in a few months.

I'm expecting MoM in Park 3 at this point.

It will be a thrill ride 100%. Taron's height requirement is 51 inches.

Once rumours started about the JP being more intense, the lack of theming makes much more sense. Not that you can’t theme an intense coaster but less guests are going to ride it which means a smaller budget as far as bang for bucks relating to guests.

Once rumours started about the JP being more intense, the lack of theming makes much more sense. Not that you can’t theme an intense coaster but less guests are going to ride it which means a smaller budget as far as bang for bucks relating to guests.

Plus, intensity usually involves speed or drops. No need to really build a ton of theming for something that will go by in a blur. I do Taron, though. Great coaster (from videos, not first-hand) with a good mix of theme and layout.

People said the same thing when I was your age (and basically every generation). I guess most people forget being young as they get older.

I still remember being a mature teenager, to the point that adults were surprised at it. I can say with 100% certainty that I was naïve as all get out.

Don't worry about this one for too long, all of the coasters in the new park will be like the new Potter coaster.

:rock:

I like how you call us rude and yet insult our entire generation by generalizing us.

And ironically, many of the people who do complain about the younger generations are responsible for raising said generations. So...reap what you sow?:rimshot:

Less theming isn't necessarily no theming. But hiding coaster tracks isn't exactly Universal's MO. So I'd expect it more around the base, queue. The exposed tracks of a quality coaster can look architecturally interesting, not automatically a bad thing.

Taron's overlapping ones certainly look architecturally interesting. And while the Hulk isn't super fancy, it is green and interesting to look at even when there isn't a train currently zipping along.

Status
Not open for further replies.