Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, for the most part - however, taking pictures of blueprints is a big no-no. Regardless if the workers slipped up,

As K-peek said, as long you are taking photos from the guest path, you're OK. If you're going out of your way to try to get another angle, that's when lines are starting to get blurred.

Why is this a no-no? Why is getting another angle out of your way starting to blur lines. As long as you are not in a no guest area, you should be fine. Is this Universal's rule not to take pictures, or just yours?

Think it has to do with the fact that those are sensitive documents and it's one thing to take a pic of the area that can be seen by the naked eye, it's entirely a different story if you are using equipment to peer into stuff that the company isnt willing to have disclosed to the public just yet.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The new area outside is going to have new landscaping and jagged rocks that come out at an angle. It is rumored that the bar that was destroyed will return as a part of the new entrance on the right side closer to the restaurant.

I hope the part about the snack stand is true, even if the location is different. It was always one of my favorite spots to grab a snack from on the lower lot.

The new area outside is going to have new landscaping and jagged rocks that come out at an angle. It is rumored that the bar that was destroyed will return as a part of the new entrance on the right side closer to the restaurant.

Interesting if true, but if it's gonna be the same size as before, I'm having a hard time picturing it. Wouldn't that create a traffic nightmare as you'd have the archway, Jurassic Café, the new snack stand, pathway to restrooms and Studio Store all in one area?

Reactions: Kevin McCane
Pretty sure there's enough food options in the lower lot.... I don't see the point of bringing Jurassic Falls back. Especially when there's the rumored Nintendo project in the pipeline (meaning food and retail in there somewhere)

Pretty sure there's enough food options in the lower lot.... I don't see the point of bringing Jurassic Falls back. Especially when there's the rumored Nintendo project in the pipeline (meaning food and retail in there somewhere)

I just don't see them getting rid of Jurassic Café. Maybe a name change and remodel with more theming in the interior, but that's it. Jurassic World would feel less of a themed area without Jurassic Café.

SNW won't come until 2021 so if they don't bring back Jurassic Café, Panda Express will be the only quick-service restaurant on the lower lot for the next 2+ years. I'm Asian and hate Panda Express, so I'll be SOL if I wanted a non-Asian quick-service meal while down there.

Think it has to do with the fact that those are sensitive documents and it's one thing to take a pic of the area that can be seen by the naked eye, it's entirely a different story if you are using equipment to peer into stuff that the company isnt willing to have disclosed to the public just yet.

So it's not posted anywhere. Just an opinion. Just curious.

I just don't see them getting rid of Jurassic Café. Maybe a name change and remodel with more theming in the interior, but that's it. Jurassic World would feel less of a themed area without Jurassic Café.

SNW won't come until 2021 so if they don't bring back Jurassic Café, Panda Express will be the only quick-service restaurant on the lower lot for the next 2+ years. I'm Asian and hate Panda Express, so I'll be SOL if I wanted a non-Asian quick-service meal while down there.

By the looks of it they haven't touched Jurassic Cafe, also there is the studio lot Cafe grab n go too. There's more options down there.

So it's not posted anywhere. Just an opinion. Just curious.

It was for about a day then was taken down by @Brian G. For obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the rockwork that Sloo mentioned, starting to come in as it's early set.

The thought I have, is that it might take over the current Dino Play area (or at-least creep into it's footprint), and the Dino Play area might be truncated or moved into that mystery building that's next to the awnings/Extended queue.

I don't know what is obvious. No one has posted where this is not allowed by Universal. I am trying to figure out if this is a real rule or just a made up one.
A photographer on this site (I believe it was in 2013) zoomed in on an engineer reading his blueprints and posted the photo showing the blue prints . Universal security trespassed him from the parks for that. That should answer your question.

A photographer on this site (I believe it was in 2013) zoomed in on an engineer reading his blueprints and posted the photo showing the blue prints . Universal security trespassed him from the parks for that. That should answer your question.

But that's not common knowledge. He's asking for something posted somewhere by Universal about blueprint, or other, pictures. There nothing wrong with asking to see the written rule.

Also, my understanding was Bob was in a restricted area when he took the pic. But I never heard the official story on that.

But that's not common knowledge. He's asking for something posted somewhere by Universal about blueprint, or other, pictures. There nothing wrong with asking to see the written rule.

Also, my understanding was Bob was in a restricted area when he took the pic. But I never heard the official story on that.
I guess he needs to ask Universal for that, if that's what he wants. I've spoken to Bob on this, but it's not something I would discuss publicly.....Bottom line is that Brian is not going to allow photos of unreleased blueprints on his site and jeopardize his relationship and status with Universal. Universal legal has also sent out cease and desist letters in the past. That should be easy to understand. It's his site after all. I would do the same if I was in his shoes.

Last edited:
I guess he needs to ask Universal for that, if that's what he wants. I've spoken to Bob on this, but it's not something I would discuss publicly.....Bottom line is that Brian is not going to allow photos of unreleased blueprints on his site and jeopardize his relationship and status with Universal. Universal legal has also sent out cease and desist letters in the past. That should be easy to understand. It's his site after all. I would do the same if I was in his shoes.

I think the point is, if I'm an amateur photographer, with a hot new super zoom lens, and go to Universal. How am I supposed to know that, even standing in guest areas, that theres pics I'm not allowed to take? How would that rule even be written? How would a person ever know that Universal has sent cease and desist letters? Thats not public information. How am I supposed to know that it's not allowed to be posted on this board? Theres a guidelines post, but it doesn't mention anything about blueprints or pics taken from guest areas. Actually, I don't think it technically says anything about pics taken illegally either. That page could probably use a once over or a new page added to the rules forum actually. Hell I've been on the board for years, and this post was the first time I've ever heard that blueprints aren't allowed. How would a newer member ever know that's a rule?

I don't think anyone really has a problem with the rule. I know I don't. It's just a question of how are people supposed to know theres a rule about something either at the park or here? I know there was a thread in the comments and questions forum, but that's not where i'd go if I was looking for forum rules. Even that thread was answered with a "handled on a case by case basis" concerning some things. Some of this is philosophical of course, and way off topic, but it is relevant discussion for the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.