Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is why I freaking adore the Universal parks: they don't just toss you into a ride vehicle and make you scream for five minutes - they actually put in effort to create a story and they place you right in the middle of it.

When does JP usually get a refurb?

Reactions: Allen The Actor
The funny thing is, other parks actually COULD theme their rides more if they really wanted to. Case in point, The Mummy! In the end it really is just an indoor rollercoaster, but they made it into so much more just by setting up so much pre-show by walking through the darkened passageway, whatever that visual screen was all about, and then the first part of the ride itself before it skyrockets into the rollercoaster that it is. Not saying ALL rollercoasters should be like this, but it just makes the experience something much more fulfilling if it is.

Knotts? Six Flags? What are these parks ya'll speak of?!?!

;)
Ohhh, they're nothin' important.  :p

Back to what I was saying before: Jurassic Park is much more than the thrill of an 80 foot drop. It's about the beyond-rare experience as you venture through Hammond's new attraction, where you come face to face with towering, majestic giants. It's about the awe lingering in Ultrasaur Lagoon and Stegosaurus Springs as you come across tranquil dinosaurs of different sizes. It's about the fear you experience as soon as you're bumped off course into the raptor containment area. It's about the thoughts rushing through your mind as you enter the darkness, knowing that velociraptors are in your presence. It's about escaping the clutches of a tyrannosaurus rex, only to plunge down a heart-dropping escape route. I think I've made my point crystal clear.  :lol:

The rides I truly enjoy are those with a story to them - ones that take you away from your world for just a few minutes. I think we can all agree that Universal does this beautifully.  :)

What About "Worst Experiences" I Want To Hear Them Other Than Relating To The "Lapbar." 

One Of My Worst Experiences Was When The Dilophosaurus At The End Of The Ride Got

Me In The Ear When I Was Taking To A Friend.

One of my worst experiences is when I went with my younger sister, my 2 younger cousins, and my aunt & uncle. It was a peak day, and all the extra water effects were in use. The unloading area was really backed up, so after the drop, we just sat in the dilophosaurus area for a good 2 minutes while my 10 year old cousin and I were being drenched over and over by some random hose hidden in a bush. The others got a good laugh, but we were miserable..  :angry:

actauly the music in the lowerlot is probaubly just the last 2 minutes of the credit's.

now n the have I ever been on it at night and the awnser is yes but I get a little scared if i'm by myself on the boat especially in the day no offense but I have a hard time going on the ride by myself in the day aswell which is surprising but hey I was more scared at hhn last year more than being alone on Jurassic park in the dark but there's that.

If I recall, though this may have changed now, but in the gift shop one of the music cues that played was actually the music when the T-rex chases after the jeep in the film. It used to infuriate me hearing it at the sane time as being thrilled... because that cue was never on the soundtrack album CD! However, more than a month ago, there was a new digital release of the soundtrack that FINALLY contained this cue in a track! So when I hear it now I think of both the film and the ride/shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of music, the only tracks I'm aware of that are played in/around the attraction are "Theme from Jurassic Park", "Dennis Steals the Embryos", and "End Credits". I'm sure there are others... does anyone know any other tracks used?

Yep. I think it's still there. Just before the boat starts its incline up. There's a "broken" radio to the left of the boat.
Are you guys talking about the incline right after the spitters appear? I only remember that playing recently, and I thought it was music playing in the Upper Lot echoing all the way down to the boat..  :mellow:   :lol:

Yep. I think it's still there. Just before the boat starts its incline up. There's a "broken" radio to the left of the boat.

Are you guys talking about the incline right after the spitters appear? I only remember that playing recently, and I thought it was music playing in the Upper Lot echoing all the way down to the boat..  :mellow:   :lol:
Yep, that's the one. It's a nice little touch I think. 

Wow! I never knew that song was "The Girl from Ipanema"! Awesome find, guys! Hmm... I wonder which one of the many recordings it is? Both males and females have sung it, but the one used in the ride is by a female, right? That's a start. Was this ever a different song before, though? I swear it was, but I have no idea now what it would have been.

It's hard to judge the music in the ride queue without the videos from USH, but from memory, it is correct they used "Dennis Steals The Embryo", but I know for sure they also used "Journey To The Island" during the Gwen video (the beginning of it). Beyond those two, I think we would need to see more of the queue footage. I AM pretty sure though there was some music featured that wasn't from the film, and not sure of their sources. "End Credits", as already noted, too, plays throughout the rest of the ride area (I'm sure to the annoyance of all the park workers... LOL).

As for the ride itself...

It starts off with an edit of "Theme From Jurassic Park". It plays the first bit, but then suddenly cuts to the later bold statement of the theme when the gates open, then cuts back to an earlier moment, and then seems to loop from there, accordingly, all the way until the boat is knocked off course. The next music we hear is the "The Girl from Ipanema" song on the radio, briefly, during the Dilophosaur attack. Then, as the boat goes up the lift itself, we hear a part of some track I JUST cannot make out! If you watch the video at this link at around 3:35 to 3:53 you can kind of hear it. I keep thinking it must be a part of "The Raptor Attack", but I can't be certain. I need to hear it clearer, it sounds like it is from the film, but maybe not. From there we hear a part near the beginning of "T-Rex Rescue and Finale", that gets looped for a bit, in the final showroom with the T-Rex behind the waterfall. After the splashdown, the beginning of "End Credits" is prominently played, pretty much just like in the park area itself, but without looping after it's initial playthrough of the part. So there are a total of 5 pieces of music used in the entire ride itself.

I believe the above paragraph is an accurate description (despite lack of time codes, just generalized description), except for that ONE piece of music during the lift. If anyone can accurately help me identify it, that'd be great! It'd also still be great to find out exactly which recording of that song on the radio was used. In fact, once I know FOR SURE which piece of music both of those are, I could attempt some kind of edit that mimics the ride's edits for everyone to have. I have done a lot of music edits in my time. :)

Oh yeah! Believe it or not I think it's the same unidentified music that plays on the lift after the radio song I mentioned.

I might be wrong on that tho. Doesn't just its horn usually go off?