Journey to Atlantis | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey to Atlantis

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe this is for the Kraken tie-in Morrow was referencing on the last page. Anyone know how long it's down for?

Reactions: anihilnation
I haven't been on JTA since a year or so after it first opened. Does it still have the lift hill with the Beetlejuice soundtrack and view of the nearby road?

Just thought I'd post, Journey to Atlantis queue is currently

100 minutes!

With a 40 minute Quick Queue line.

Never heard of queues like this at SeaWorld since 2013 at least!

Just thought I'd post, Journey to Atlantis queue is currently

100 minutes!

With a 40 minute Quick Queue line.

Never heard of queues like this at SeaWorld since 2013 at least!

It may be fair to bring up that it's Spring Break, and that many other parks also get large crowd spurts during times like that, regional parks included.

I would imagine it'd be lower if Infinity Falls was already something that'd open, and if every car on every tracked ride is running on the track.

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
Am I the only one who prefers the current version of JTA? I feel that it's more upbeat and vibrant. (I never got to ride it in its heyday, first ever ride was in 2012)

*Please don't kill me :)

That ride when it was first built rivaled Splash Mountain* and superseded Ripsaw Falls. Oh, what time leaves behind!

*obviously did not supersede Splash Mountain... like obviously
Yes, very sad. A classic case of why theme parks need to spend the necessary funds to maintain their attractions, especially their feature attractions. Same story with the deterioration of Dark Kastle at BGW, even though it was a fairly new attraction. Same company in charge in both cases. Both attractions were built by AB, a previous ownership group, that believed in maintaining their rides.

I'm fairly certain that this ride will be renovated within the next 5 years at most. I mean the fact that they said that they would leads me to believe that it was somewhere in the pipeline.

Journey to Atlantis always seems to have really long queue times in the daytime, at least when I've been there in the Summer. It's not till' late or early morning when it's empty. It was always JTA and the new trackless penguin ride that had the wait times. While Mako, and Manta are generally walk on that never exceed 30 minutes.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I was there yesterday for a few hours. Kraken was down the entire time I was there, which may explain the long lines at JtA. Antarctica had a 45 minute line too... :stun:

Depending on when Sesame Street is expected to open/start construction I could see SeaWorld finally renovating JTA. If Sesame is the 2020 addition, that leaves next year with no announced or leaked additions. A renovation of JTA, not dissimilar to last year's VR Kraken and the Dolphin Nursery, could be an off-year addition with some type of added gimmick. Plus Infinity Falls would allow for JTA to be closed without having a significant impact on the park.

Reactions: SWBGFan
Depending on when Sesame Street is expected to open/start construction I could see SeaWorld finally renovating JTA. If Sesame is the 2020 addition, that leaves next year with no announced or leaked additions. A renovation of JTA, not dissimilar to last year's VR Kraken and the Dolphin Nursery, could be an off-year addition with some type of added gimmick. Plus Infinity Falls would allow for JTA to be closed without having a significant impact on the park.
I’d expect whatever comes next year is some sort of renovation or refurbishment. They don’t need more attractions right now.