Jaws the Ride Reboot?? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jaws the Ride Reboot??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How's about a Universal version of the Great Movie Ride? It was talked about in some other thread but I don't remember which one. It would recreate moments from Universal films like Back to the Future and Jaws that are not represented in the park. It might even be cool to have the ride vehicle look like the tram from Hollywood's studio tour.

How's about a Universal version of the Great Movie Ride? It was talked about in some other thread but I don't remember which one. It would recreate moments from Universal films like Back to the Future and Jaws that are not represented in the park. It might even be cool to have the ride vehicle look like the tram from Hollywood's studio tour.

I love this idea.

I find it hard to believe any Universal fan was "anti Potter" after Hogsmead...
I was anti potter before phase 1 but Potter was a game changer for universal, he saved the parks in many ways.
Without Potter the Universal we know and love today.. the universal that is making Disney worry simply would't exist.
Even if you don't love everything Universal has done with Potter (which I struggle to see how any one couldn't) you have to at least be thankful to him for breathing life into a Universal that was at the time in a very precarious position.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Great idea but where would such a ride go?

I think we all just need to get out of the past and look onto the future. Reboots and rides "coming back just the way they were" are realistically never gonna happen. Don't be nostalgically blind and look at the incredible stuff we have today. Imagine yourself when you were a kid, if you went on FJ the same age you went on jaws, your entire life would've changed. These are the experiences kids of today are having and I honestly envy them for it

I don't think a Jaws "reboot" is in the cards unfortunately. I can't see what they could do without taking up a ton of space or being screen related. Maybe a slide at Volcano Bay that has a projection of Jaws coming after you or something, but that is farfetched as well.

I always thought Universal should just have a Jaws fin randomly appear in the USF lagoon as a nice nod to our favorite shark (except for maybe Left Shark), but I think they feel what they did in Diagon Alley is more than enough of a nod.

I think we all just need to get out of the past and look onto the future. Reboots and rides "coming back just the way they were" are realistically never gonna happen. Don't be nostalgically blind and look at the incredible stuff we have today. Imagine yourself when you were a kid, if you went on FJ the same age you went on jaws, your entire life would've changed. These are the experiences kids of today are having and I honestly envy them for it
Doesn't mean it can't come back. The people saying "Oh it won't come back because of space" don't have an ounce of creativity in their minds. Who said it would have to come back using the same ride experience? it def wouldn't. To say it won't come back we knot of that. But who knows. Many things return not in original form. :thumbs:

Doesn't mean it can't come back. The people saying "Oh it won't come back because of space" don't have an ounce of creativity in their minds. Who said it would have to come back using the same ride experience? it def wouldn't. To say it won't come back we knot of that. But who knows. Many things return not in original form. :thumbs:

It wouldn't but is jaws really that much of a headliner? Did people in 2011 go to universal for jaws specifically? Sure it's a classic but right now when universal is grabbing gigantic IPs like Nintendo, why would they go back to the past to build a ride on a movie that really doesn't get the same appriciation from the children going to the parks today? In my opinion, they couldn't do jaws better than they already did. A gigantic scale attraction with scares, guides and a ton of practical effects. No way in hell could they make something bigger and better than that unless they build the same thing but bigger. The fans would be disapointed if they did anything else