"Is anyone awake?" The Universal Social Media Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

"Is anyone awake?" The Universal Social Media Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's even more frustrating that this trend of incompetence is continuing since they hit it out of the park with their latest commercial.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Something must have happened with the Jobs page on their host side that got resolved. Darn. The link spam/buy this domain image was funny while it lasted. :lol:

Last edited:
Not exactly social media, but a Universal web gaffe. It seems someone let the Jobs domain expire or something funny is going on with it. Of course it conveniently happened after business hours. My girlfriend (looking at working there) said that and showed me her screen, which was the typical "buy this domain" image/link spam page. Now the page just does nothing. Oops :lol:

:doh:

Got it working in Chrome earlier, then it worked in Safari, now it doesn't work in either again! This is sad but funny as well. If I were more of a script kiddie and didn't want to go somewhere in the industry, I would probably find squatting on this URL a good idea. :lol:

This is what it looked like when I tried to pull it up just now. Local DNS issues, maybe?

347eakz.jpg

You can't expect much from Universal social media when they prefer to keep everything so top secret. Disney hyped EVERY single aspect of New Fantasyland since it was announced and for months before it opened.

I find Universal's social media to be gradually improving. Not overnight, but it's getting better.

At the very least, they're paying a lot more attention to Twitter and what people are saying.

You can't expect much from Universal social media when they prefer to keep everything so top secret. Disney hyped EVERY single aspect of New Fantasyland since it was announced and for months before it opened.

Well Social Media can't really hype things that haven't been announced yet. I'm sure once Transformers gets closer to opening, you'll see it go into overdrive.

Got it working in Chrome earlier, then it worked in Safari, now it doesn't work in either again! This is sad but funny as well. If I were more of a script kiddie and didn't want to go somewhere in the industry, I would probably find squatting on this URL a good idea. :lol:

This is what it looked like when I tried to pull it up just now. Local DNS issues, maybe?

347eakz.jpg

My friend was trying to access it last night and she couldn't either. I could pull it up on both my computers though. She finally tried a different computer and it was working for her.

I think lately it's been a LITTLE better.

Everything within the past week has been completely promotional of the events they have, their rides, their history, or promotional of the company as a whole. They've had Mardi Gras updates, Mardi Gras promo, ride promo, F&B promo, congratulations on Academy Awards, and other event promo. None of it completely outlandish as "Are You Awake".

UORHHN just tweeted the HHN dates...a day after they were released.

Universal Orlando FB viral marketing campaign has begun...but no mention of it on twitter.

Is anyone awake?

So they missed two tweets in the span of a day. Give them a break.

The turnaround on social media presence from this same time last year is pretty fantastic, and I think warrants that you cut them some slack now and then. It's easy to tell that FB is there main social hub since it has 600k+ likes. Unlike their Twitter which is barely hitting 100k so far.

UORHHN just tweeted the HHN dates...a day after they were released.

Universal Orlando FB viral marketing campaign has begun...but no mention of it on twitter.

Is anyone awake?

The idea is to tweet it when the highest percentage of their followers would see it, not as fast as possible. There was no rush, I don't see what they did wrong here.

I agree with King_K. I think social media is improved from this time last year and do deserve a bit of slack.

The idea is to tweet it when the highest percentage of their followers would see it, not as fast as possible. There was no rush, I don't see what they did wrong here.

They posted the dates on FB yesterday about the same time they tweeted it today.

Point is...it's social media. It's easy to do a FB/tweet simultaneously. At least to most companies it is.

I don't see why we should have to give professionals a break. If they're not doing their best, they're not doing their best :shrug: