Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A new thread just started up on WDW Magic. The thread is what's going in the LMA & SA area's now that Star Wars & Toy Story are probably occupying other areas of DHS. Guess what's the hot topic on that thread? Rumors of Universal giving Marvel back to Disney so that Disney can put Marvel back there. Heh, these people just don't stop. Must have been a lot of mothers that dropped their kid's heads on the concrete when they were young. So funny, so sad.:pixie:
The only thing possible is GotG. And most logical people over there realize that.

The problem with WDWMagic (and make fun of it all you want) is it's insanely over-populated, so you have to sift through a lot of nonsense to find the goods. If OU ever got as over-populated, there'd be the same stupid threads, incredible amount of trolls, etc.

I also very much dislike the new B&M restraints. I've ridden X-Flight, Wild Eagle, Manta, Superman Ultimate Flight(SFOG &SFGrAm), Tatsu, and Banshee and each and every ride was pretty uncomfortable for me. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs so I'm no giant or anything. I just find them to be far less comfortable for me over the classic restraints.
Are all of these Flyers?

The restraints on Swarm (Wing Coaster) at Thorpe Park are this type and really comfortable, (6ft 200lbs). Is this because of the seating position?

I rode Hulk in December after a long day and was very tired, I didn't have the energy to stop my head getting smashed between the restraints. The new style would have prevented this for me I think

Are all of these Flyers?

No they aren't. They are all just new or updated B&M coasters with the newer restraints. Like Banshee. It is the new suspended coaster at Kings Island in Ohio.

I personally very much prefer the newer restraints myself. I find them to be so much more comfortable, though I am a smaller guy (5'5", 135lbs) so my experience probably greatly differs from his.

Reactions: Jon84
Is this the DHS thread!?!? :what: Do any of our insiders here know if the queue building is actually being demolished or no? The permits said interior and exterior demolition if I'm not mistaken, but that's a broad statement. Floorless conversion, is also a broad statement...

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Is this the DHS thread!?!? :what: Do any of our insiders here know if the queue building is actually being demolished or no? The permits said interior and exterior demolition if I'm not mistaken, but that's a broad statement. Floorless conversion, is also a broad statement...
I'm honestly guessing that they're gonna demolish the queue and rebuild it, this time enclosed and air conditioned themed differently. I'm guessing to Banner Labs or Stark Labs. Although if they could build a giant helicarrier as both part of the queue AND part of an interior section in the coaster, it could be amazing. The theme could be evacuating off on a Hulkbuster as the Hulk is unleashed onto the helicarrier. It would make the ride's "roar" even more intimidating.

The problem with WDWMagic (and make fun of it all you want) is it's insanely over-populated, so you have to sift through a lot of nonsense to find the goods. If OU ever got as over-populated, there'd be the same stupid threads, incredible amount of trolls, etc.

This sounds like a metaphor for the parks both websites generally focus on...

If they are replacing all of the track, I still can't believe that they'd do anything other than sell the ride as is and put a new custom ride in its place. The labor and costs with actually retracking would have to be astronomical. Buying the same exact track from B&M again wouldn't make much sense as it really wouldn't save much money, especially in terms of what Universal spends. Brand new B&M's can be done for less than $20 million. How much could they possibly save by retracking? Why mess around rebuilding the same ride, when you can change everything for a minimal amount more?

I believe the hulk is a original design and the only one of its kind, it is the only Bolliger & Mabillard ride to feature a launch! The design was built for the terrain, elevation changes and footprint so any new coaster would have site limitations and design constraints. You also have to calculate in demo of the existing track and footings. Just replacing the track is much easier, will reduce down time and be more cost effective. All they need to do is duplicate the already pre-established design all the calculations,G forces, bugs resolved and fit of design to location are done, run the program to bend the steel, weld the parts to spec, ship and install.

I rode hulk 2 weeks ago and it is need of some retrack love