Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to say I am a bit dissaponited with the New Hulk. Uni needs to step up their game. Man it looks so nice and everything, but the audio man.... Just terrible. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Bruce Banner deserves his voice in that launch tube lol.
While I do wish they kept his voice in the launch tube, I think the on board audio may be one of the redeemable qualities of the new ride. I love the soundtrack!!

While I do wish they kept his voice in the launch tube, I think the on board audio may be one of the redeemable qualities of the new ride. I love the soundtrack!!
When you can hear it. Most of the time all you are hearing is the coaster zooming along the track.

When you can hear it. Most of the time all you are hearing is the coaster zooming along the track.
True, the only time I hear it is when the car goes through the mid course brake run. After the mid course brake run is when you can hear it throughout the duration of the ride. But before that you can't.

Reactions: Nick
Color me unimpressed with "New Hulk." It was NOTHING like I was expecting it to be. Quite frankly, I was severely disappointed in it.

I rode it 10 times in 3 days. I would have ridden it more, but the lockers were just too much of a pain to try and acquire. Seriously, you had to stand in a line to get a locker....so you could go stand in a S-L-O-W mowing Express Line. They didn't build enough lockers! And it was the same issue on Hulk, Dragons and Rockit: wait/fight to get a locker so you can get on the ride. Scariest of all, it wasn't even that busy! I can't imagine what a nightmare it must be trying to get a locker during Christmas or summer peak seasons!

The queue and new entrance were a nice improvement...looks much better than it once did, though any semblance of story seemed to be lost besides the generic one provided on the Universal blog. The trains looked great, as did the interior of the launch tube. The actual ride itself? They should have named it "The Incredible Headache." As of this writing, I've been on 569 different coasters, and gone on probably 10,000 coaster rides. I know how to ride a B&M, and I know how to ride The Hulk. For being a new, "smoother" ride, it just beat the hell out of my head. I found it to be absolutely 0% smoother. Furthermore, I didn't even notice the on-ride audio until the final brake run at the end of the ride. About my 3rd or 4th ride I remembered to listen to it during the ride....I had to strain to hear it; the volume was simply too low. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to hear it if they'd kept the classic Hulk "roar" during the ride!

I'm sorry if I sound like a hater, but I just don't get it. Why did they waste the money to tear down and completely rebuild the same old rough ride? Unless there were MAJOR issues with the track or trains, they could have simply redone the queue/launch tube, repainted the ride, added the new entrance/water jets/exterior launch tube lights and "Hulk Roar" sound on launch, skipped the pointless on-ride audio, and saved themselves MILLIONS of dollars. As was mentioned shortly before this post, I also feel like they missed a tremendous opportunity!

The locker issue kills the fun of the coasters for me. I really wish they'd fix that by adding more lockers, or letting people with fastening pockets (like mine) to bypass the lockers/metal detectors and just get on the ride. I honestly feel like I'm going through security every time I get on. It's just not worth the hassle now, so I find myself bypassing some of their best rides.

Whining rant-off.

The ride started getting major black mold. The part of the ride that goes under the bridge was pretty much undetectable when it came to the actual color of the track. It was supposed to be green, but it was black. I found that if you don't ride in the last 2 rows your fine. I don't really know why people have trouble with heads banging in the front.

No way... :jaw: They HAVE to fix that right away. I'm already seeing that the track that goes under the bridge, is starting to not only loose it's color, but get black. Unlike a lot of people here, I love this ride. It doesn't usually bangmy head up when I'm not in the last 2 rows, and I like the power it gives off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
Made a second trip back. I must admit I was a little disappointed my first trip. But Hulk has redeemed himself. Out of three rides I got one completely head banging free ride. The other two were not as bad as my first experience. I am usually a row 8 person but was directed to row 3 chair 2 my first ride. The launch did not seem as intense as the last two. The last two had similar middle seats. Launch seemed more intense but the head banging was not that bad. All three were completely free after the mid course. It seems to burn off a lot more speed then Hulk v1. Now if they could just fix the Dragons locker, security line experience. This was the first time I said enough of Dragons after one ride. At least it was Fire.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Did they ever get the A/C up and running (or add one at all)? When I rode a little after opening the queue was a miserable inferno.

I did enjoy the coaster; I didn't notice my head banging around as much as the old version. I also did enjoy the soundtrack when I could hear it. First ride I heard it the whole time, other times the speaker kept going between quiet and loud, but it was constantly drowned out by all the screaming.

I thought when they rebuilt this ride they were going to smooth out some elements. I thought they were going to add some elements a swell. They just kept the original track design and just reprinted the pieces with it all green. I can already see some black stuff where the mist affect is and the paint is already coming off. I feel like when they refurbish marvel island to be more modern that the hulk will be old and back to square 1.

I thought when they rebuilt this ride they were going to smooth out some elements. I thought they were going to add some elements a swell. They just kept the original track design and just reprinted the pieces with it all green. I can already see some black stuff where the mist affect is and the paint is already coming off. I feel like when they refurbish marvel island to be more modern that the hulk will be old and back to square 1.

In a lack of better words, the renovations done to The Incredible Hulk can be compared to what WDI did with Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland, renovating the attraction in certain ways and rebuilding the track from the ground up. I am curious about the roughness factor, as there has been many individuals that have ridden the Hulk with various results. Some with it being extremely smooth, and those that have had the roughest experience on the coaster yet.

I'm curious to know if it's not the track, but perhaps something to do with the trains themselves.

Reactions: Coasted
In a lack of better words, the renovations done to The Incredible Hulk can be compared to what WDI did with Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland, renovating the attraction in certain ways and rebuilding the track from the ground up. I am curious about the roughness factor, as there has been many individuals that have ridden the Hulk with various results. Some with it being extremely smooth, and those that have had the roughest experience on the coaster yet.

I'm curious to know if it's not the track, but perhaps something to do with the trains themselves.
Shakiness in coasters have never really been a problem for me other than mystery mine in Dollywood, but I rode the hulk back row and it was really bad. I honestly want to get to the bottom of what makes this coaster so shaky. In a case like this, usually it's the cars that are the problem.

Last edited:
Shakiness in coasters have never really been a problem for me other than mystery mine in Dollywood, but it ride the hulk back row and it was really bad. I honestly want to get yo the bottom of what makes this coaster so shaky. In a case like this, usually it's the cars that are the problem.

I'd go with the cars as well.

I'm amazed that coasters haven't developed some type of suspension in the wheel assembly yet although it would probably add a huge increase in friction.

I'd go with the cars as well.

I'm amazed that coasters haven't developed some type of suspension in the wheel assembly yet although it would probably add a huge increase in friction.

I'd think it would mess with the physics of the ride. Specifically causing loss of momentum. Every time a car crested a hill, the car would want to continue going upward. That could slow the descent, or more likely, cause jerkiness. Similar effect on the bottom of hills. In corners and inversions, the shocks on the outside would compress while the inside ones may expand or compact depending on the banking. With a corkscrew, zero G roll, and similar side to side inversions, it could also create some wild lateral G's which are almost never good. Now some of this could be limited by only allowing a small rate of travel, an inerter type shock, or even a computer controlled shock. But thats getting pretty high tech for a coaster car, and could greatly drive the costs up without necessarily having a big effect.

Reactions: anihilnation
So I don't know about all this physics stuff, but why didn't the coaster get fixed. Did they just add new seats and front to the car while keeping the under part the same?

So I don't know about all this physics stuff, but why didn't the coaster get fixed. Did they just add new seats and front to the car while keeping the under part the same?

New track and new cars. The old cars are actually part of the Hulk statue in the front.

I've ridden in multiple locations and have no experience with old hulk. I have worked at cedar point and Busch gardens Williamsburg. This ride is straight up not smooth but tolerable. It is not much better than rougarou or hydra at dorney, maybe just slightly so. It is a once a day ride twice at best given the roughness.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts