Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICE! at Gaylord Palms 2016

What day and time did you go?

apparently at the worst time possible. I don't live in the area, so going during the week isn't really something I'd waste PTO on.
We went on a weekend, before Xmas.
I think we waited over 3 hours...to get in. This was with pre-sale tickets. By the time we got in and out, the line was even longer....

waiting 3 hours to basically freeze your a$$ off, was not my idea of fun.

apparently at the worst time possible. I don't live in the area, so going during the week isn't really something I'd waste PTO on.
We went on a weekend, before Xmas.
I think we waited over 3 hours...to get in. This was with pre-sale tickets. By the time we got in and out, the line was even longer....

waiting 3 hours to basically freeze your a$$ off, was not my idea of fun.
Do it during early December or late Novemeber to find no line.

yeah, I'm sure it was really just bad timing, but even then, I wasn't that impressed. I mean the sculptures are awesome, but the event and the resort is expensive.

Never done this before.. Looks like it's $30.. and $20 for parking.. so $50 to look at what.. ice sculptures? Is there anything else for an adult to do to make it worth it?

Never done this before.. Looks like it's $30.. and $20 for parking.. so $50 to look at what.. ice sculptures? Is there anything else for an adult to do to make it worth it?
They have a Cirque show in the lobby I believe and some other stuff in the ICE! attraction entrance area.

It's true they have an "ice lounge", but you actually have to pay even more money just to access it. It's not a separate ticket item either, so you basically have to pay for the "whole shebang" if you want to have a cocktail while you freeze your ass off.

Like I said, wasn't worth it to me. I could see if you were staying at the hotel for a work conference or just staying there in general it would be a neat thing to do when it's not a mad house, but I'd avoid the area like the plague on December weekends.

The lobby is interesting--live alligator pool, among other things. But as I said in the holiday thread, ridiculously overpriced for what's basically a 20 minute experience.

yeah, to be honest we enjoyed the lobby area more if not just as much as the ice sculptures. I've stayed at that hotel a couple times, and while it's nice for a "convention" resort. It's also still a "convention" resort, where you find all kinds of adults behaving badly after hours. It's a rather noisy hotel at night.