How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly. It's a simple classic flat ride that can be easily plussed by themeing. It also wouldn't require a lot of space.

It's funny how much bigger this land looks compared to the other lands when looking at the full park concept art

Really it does look like we'll be able to get up close to the smaller basins. I wonder if it'll have some interactive elements? It's a really cool design and I can't wait to see it!

View attachment 21386

How long will it take for people to turn it into a game of who can throw their coins into the top basin?

And let’s hope that’s the only place in this area that the coins go…

Land looks very good , families could easily spend most of a day in it

Mead Hall could become a party spot for adults ... like a Viking version of October Fest

Something like that old Phoenix ship ride that was at Busch Gardens would be a cool option!
Have you ever ridden those things? Its not a shock most parks have gotten rid of them. They are painful with the restraints as well as not a good fit for that particular family friendly land as the other attractions are. Now a disko is another story. . .

640px-Grande_vague_et_Wickie_The_Battle_Plopsaland.jpg

But anyway, this is not a thread for a wish list so I will get back to discussing what IS and what is wished. . .

Have you ever ridden those things? They are painful with the restraints
What restraints? It's literally a lap bar that hovers above your lap... at least that's how it is at Cedar Point (Ocean Motion) & Knotts (Dragon Swing). It's a very comfortable family ride & kinda relaxing compared to other "thrills".

Reactions: JaySalahi
How long will it take for people to turn it into a game of who can throw their coins into the top basin?

And let’s hope that’s the only place in this area that the coins go…
Please delete this. I'd like to approach the fountain before they put a fence around it and we end up with a new entry for the "why we can't have nice things" thread. lol

Have you ever ridden those things? Its not a shock most parks have gotten rid of them. They are painful with the restraints as well as not a good fit for that particular family friendly land as the other attractions are. Now a disko is another story. . .
Yes and I've also been on metal slides in the middle of summer. Kids these days are too soft! :lol: I was thinking something new would have new restraints. If anything perhaps a flat ride that isn't as thrilling or high as Racer's Ralley would be a good fit. In any case like mentioned it's a bit too soon to look at that expansion pad closely.

Anyone more familiar with HTTYD, are there special yearly holidays or events that might translate into the park?

This was probably my least anticipated land at Epic Universe from the rumors but I am blown away by the full reveal. The colors and themeing just look way better than I could've imagined, and the scope of what they're doing here is impressive. Looking forward to the coaster and mead hall the most!

That's actually a feeding station.
Immersion ruined. :sob: I've only seen the movies once and haven't watched the other things released since. I should get on that. I had no idea the series had gown so much since the first trilogy until recently.
The main one is Snoggletog, which is their Christmas stand-in.
Well that was a bit of an interesting read. I would love to see something different from the typical holiday decorations seen at the resort added in the future. The decorations on Berk stand out.

berksnoggletog.png
snoggletogtree.jpg

Probably won't be right away and the holiday celebrations will be added later like they did for HP.

This was probably my least anticipated land at Epic Universe from the rumors but I am blown away by the full reveal.
It's surprising how many times this kind of response to HTTYD comes up. It's really good to see the overall reaction leans positive post reveal and I think once we're all able to see it in person it'll be even better.

In terms of guest reaction it looks like the land will be a sleeper hit.