Hollywood & Dine | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood & Dine

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Surprised we don't have a thread for the Hollywood Grill.

Anyway, I ate there a few nights ago for the first time in a year or two and it was a pretty mediocre experience. Funnel cake was good, but the chicken sandwich and fries were pretty bad. I guess I was expecting fried chicken between a bun, but this wasn't that at all. All bread, no chicken, topped with a rather interesting selection of toppings.

Oh, and those Coke machines need to go. They made the floor unbelievably sticky and most guests simply didn't know how to use them, making some touch the spouts with their own fingers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: darrengr18
Surprised we don't have a thread for the Hollywood Grill.

Anyway, I ate there a few nights ago for the first time in a year or two and it was a pretty mediocre experience. Funnel cake was good, but the chicken sandwich and fries were pretty bad. I guess I was expecting fried chicken between a bun, but this wasn't that at all. All bread, no chicken, topped with a rather interesting selection of toppings.

Oh, and those Coke machines need to go. They made the floor unbelievably sticky and most guests simply didn't know how to use them, making some touch the spouts with their own fingers.
+1 on the coke machine. Absolutely horrible. Also, the funnel cake was exceptional last time I went, so that was nice.

I love the coke machine. There are over a hundred flavors to choose from. I am not willing to pay theme park prices for the standard soda flavors found at most other restaurants. But I have bought soda from here to get some of the more unusual flavors.

I love the coke machine. There are over a hundred flavors to choose from. I am not willing to pay theme park prices for the standard soda flavors found at most other restaurants. But I have bought soda from here to get some of the more unusual flavors.
If they could fix the stickiness, I'd love it.

I have always wanted to enjoy Hollywood Grill.  However, they never seem to leave it alone and come up with an operation that works.  I suggest leaving the venue as a walk up location and not have a queue inside the tight area.

Has anyone noticed that we're taking after UOR in that we're slowly gaining several Coke Freestyle machines around the park?
I don't think it's Florida. Hollywood has had those Freestyle machines for quite a while now. They're only spreading in number, which makes logical sense when you think about it.

The ones in Theatre Café were installed about a week and a half ago, though not operational. Florida's number is multiplying like crazy.

I also have only been in Hollywood Grill less than 4 times, so I wouldn't be able to remember. Haha.

I know about the freestyle machines because that's where I get my refills in the park... I noticed them years ago when I went to buy a funnel cake

Work continues.

HollywoodGrill_022716_1.jpg