Hi this is TheMackMachine | Inside Universal Forums

Hi this is TheMackMachine

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I follow Orlando United on twitter, and he sends out a tweet to join. With so many topics to discuss, just like all the new attractions at Universal, it felt like the best time to join. So here I am. I live in New Jersey about 45 minutes away from one of the best Six Flags parks. Unfortunately I haven't been there in a while, but it's because I am so amazed in Orlando theme parks, I rather go to those parks instead of the one here. Sure there are a ton of great roller coasters here, my personal favorite is Nitro, but I like Orlando a lot more.

The reason why I am here and why I love Orlando, especially Universal, is because of one trip to Orlando four years ago. It was my birthday, and we spent four days at Universal and three at Disney. A month before I went, my mom told me that I was going to Orlando and I was in total shock because I haven't been there in seven years, and I never thought I would ever go back again. Not only did I have the greatest birthday present of my life, but it was a life changing experience. After my trip I would go on websites like screamscape and here at Orlando United to get the update on Harry Potter and Rockit.

Before I go on, I should let you know that my 2008 trip was spectacular and I would return to Orlando in 2009 for a relaxing vacation and almost a month ago for an amazing trip at Universal Orlando Resort. I must admit the first park I went to in 2008 was Islands of Adventure, and I was blown away! Even with The Wizarding World being nothing but dirt, it was the best theme park I had ever been to, and it is even better today. Universal Studios was also great, while Disney on the other hand went below my expectations. Other than Typhoon Lagoon which is an incredible water park, I went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and other than Test Track, Splash, and Space Mountain, I really did not enjoy my time at Disney. I thought MK was more of a little kids park, and Epcot lacks the thrills at Hollywood Studios, which I should have went to on the trip. Either way it wasn't an experience that I would run to go back, but Universal was a totally different story!

So since that trip, I have been a bigger theme park fan than ever before, and for a while I always wanted to join this community. Now that I am, I can now share my love of theme parks with people just like me, and I can share my trip that I went on just a couple of weeks ago. I spent five days at the Portofino Bay Hotel, three days at both parks, and I gotta say the Express passes were golden. I don't know what's a better hotel benefit than an express pass. Overall this trip was worth every penny, and I could not have done three days at the theme parks better than what I did. Harry Potter was an enjoyable experience, Rockit was without a doubt worth the three year wait, I am serious, and my goodness what they have done to Spiderman was made a old ride look like a brand new experience. I rode it five times during the trip, thanks to express, but the experience that I will never forget was the Wednesday morning on the Hulk. My dad and I went to Harry Potter in the morning and then we were heading out for the studios as I was finally going to ride Rockit, and before the regular crowds were let in, the Hulk was an Early Admission Attraction! Not Spiderman like it was said online, but for one day the Hulk was opened early and no one was on it. I went to the front row realizing that I was able to go on the Hulk, my favorite ride anywhere, all by myself! It was an awkward experience, but it was something that I will never forget. It Was Awesome!

I will try to get photos sometime soon, but I thank you for reading my first thread and have a great day here at Orlando United.

Glad to hear about your great experiences! Some of my favorite theme park memories are from the Hulk. I have several anecdotal stories from that ride.

What's great about Orlando United is that since there's a park for everyone, anything theme parks can be discussed here. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Sorry I haven't been able to get pictures on this thread. I guess I'm too lazy to make a Flickr account.

Anyway, I should mention I just had my listener Q and A with the guys at the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast in their latest episode. It talks about my last trip and kinda tells who I am. I hope you all enjoy it, and thank you to everyone who listens.