Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

This whole situation is so disappointing.  When I first saw the article the other day, I immediately thought, "Here we go- Bill & Ted all over again."  And unfortunately it was true!

I wonder what they will remove when someone is scared....
Haha!  Though at the rate things are going, I wouldn't be shocked if this eventually happened...

It's a major bummer for me as well, because I planned on going to the event one last time and grabbing some cool photos (including better shots of the auctioneer). Ridiculous.

This whole situation is so disappointing.  When I first saw the article the other day, I immediately thought, "Here we go- Bill & Ted all over again."  And unfortunately it was true!
My thoughts exactly. Welcome to the forums!

Somebody on TPR put it best: this is Universal's fault. After they buckled due to the Bill & Ted controversy last year, they are wide open for these sort of lawsuits every year. There are blood sucking lawyers everywhere looking for a weak victim, and Universal Studios Hollywood is one of them.

This happens all the time with Disney, but guess what happens? They quietly settle for them to shut up and keep on chugging because Disney is smart and they know that this discourages people from going with the same angles. (which is why you see the claims become more and more outrageous)

Universal is putting out a public message here with both this and Bill & Ted that says, "Come and get me. I am vulnerable."

Notice how Orlando kept their auctioneer last night? Exactly. This is not an overall Comcast/Universal parks thing... this is strictly a USH operations matter. Orlando stuck to their guns, and good for them. (although the Romney thing was dumb a few years back... Central Florida is highly republican and at least they didn't SHUT DOWN Bill & Ted) 

Shame on Universal Studios Hollywood. I hope by the time Potter opens, Comcast cleans house.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just so flipping stupid and so oh very preventable.

Universal did this to themselves, and they can live with the result. I don't know any other park that's so willing (and dare I say eager) to kowtow to any form of public pressure.

Disgusting.

Hey William, time to become a millionaire.

Sue Universal for $1million due to being emotionally scarred for life because of Megatron calling you a mophead. Lol

See, I could've taken legal action when a Transformers team member told my sister to go kill herself multiple times, but we didnt.

This situation with HHN tho? Absolutely moronic and laughable.

Those thirteen-year-old girls don't have mature enough minds to comprehend this issue as a whole - their main concern was that a rumor would be spread around. Universal's mega mistake of letting this affect them aside, it's no one's fault but the imbecilic mothers who sent their daughters to such an event and later wondered why something like this happened.

I don't know the girls. Don't know anything about them. But I have cousins that age. My GF has a sister that age. I would wager that it wasn't the girls who were "offended". Mom reacted and they followed. I suspect that if they had been without their sensitive mother they would have giggled with embarrassment and laughed about it later. All part of the event. From the story it seems mom complained to USH but didn't get what she wanted. I wonder how Allred found her?

Just in case you haven't seen the video: http://abc7.com/news/halloween-horror-nights-character-accused-of-calling-2-girls-whores/361886/.

Also some comments that speak my mind:

" you lost all credibility when you brought in Gloria Alred. You are obviously looking for more than an apology, you are digging for gold! FYI I go to HHN every year and if your girls are that sensitive don't let them go to an event based on R rated movies. by the way.. where were you when this HORROR happened to your little babies?!?!? suck it up buttercup, you're not getting a dime lolololoo"

"I agree. It states that in their FAQS. If you're such a responsible parent.

#1 WHERE were you?

#2 WHY did you let them go at 13 years old, if they couldn't handle it? (After all, you should have known this being a responsible parent)

#3 Did you read the FAQS? ("They will be exposed to extremely adult material")

#4 Universal owes you no apology."

Hey guys just wondering with all of this controversy surrounding HHN, What are your thoughts on having a children oriented Halloween event at USH similar to SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular or Mickey's Halloween Party.

The event can have...

• Trick-or-Treating stations.
  • Halloween overlays of attractions or maybe new Halloween based shows playing in certain theaters (Beetlejuice returns).
  • Vast Halloween decorations. Candy Corn Starway?
  • Meet-N-Greets with characters wearing Halloween attire (Ex: Vampire Minions).
  • Halloween Street Shows
Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

i'm gonna say this.... even though i'm pissed at HHN, this might be the last year we have it...hoping that isn't the case but it might just happen with Orlando, Japan And Singapore fortunately keeping they're events... With that said, I LOVE that idea. It'd make complete sense to have something for the kids that atleast gives people nothing to mainly complain about (except possible terriable writing for shows), plus, it'd work for Universal to add special things for they're tram that mixes more to the experience. (Let the war commence...)

PS: I would love to in a way, some changes on USO and USH's Line videos to have highlights from past Treehouse of Horror specials with keeping the ride the same with Despicable Me getting minion Pumpkins in some of the windows and there'd be a perfect spot to have a trick-r-treating area in Persain Courtyard.

Hey guys just wondering with all of this controversy surrounding HHN, What are your thoughts on having a children oriented Halloween event at USH similar to SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular or Mickey's Halloween Party.

The event can have...

• Trick-or-Treating stations.
  • Halloween overlays of attractions or maybe new Halloween based shows playing in certain theaters (Beetlejuice returns).
  • Vast Halloween decorations. Candy Corn Starway?
  • Meet-N-Greets with characters wearing Halloween attire (Ex: Vampire Minions).
  • Halloween Street Shows
Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
I've been saying for quite some time, Universal Studios Hollywood should be doing a seperate ticket event of a Minion Costume party.

^

I'd disagree on just minions...I'd have it be a costume party of all the UniversalStudioHollywood characters, Dress as your favorite Hogwarts group, dress as a Simpson, Dress as a Transformer and Dress as a Minion all rolled into one event for bringing every Universal IP that is being used with some of the third party IPs in.

EDIT: .....Imagine all the profit they could earn on merchandising of this type of event... and also, have the transformers;Minions, and simpsons out at UniversalPlaza meeting up, that'd be a great idea to have them all there.

I'd love a family friendly Universal Studios Halloween event. Ride overlays for Minion Mayhem and Simpsons and all the facades, all the characters in Halloween costumes, trick or treating and trails around the park, include Hogsmeade and Hogwarts (which would be perfect since the Wizarding World loves Halloween but Rowling is not a fan of HHN as a whole), different shows (Bring Beetlejuice back!), and heck, maybe a kid friendly spooky maze with tame scares?

Not as tame as Disneyland but still fun! I'd so be down for something like this, especially with the direction USH is going. There's lots of possibilities! Grinchmas is a huge, make a similar Halloween event! Imagine Universal Plaza all decked out as a Graveyard with a show and maybe a large icon of some kind (instead of a Grinchmas tree), etc