HHN 31: Halloween | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am beyond excited for people who never got to experience this house during it's original run.

I say this as someone who did it having never seen a single Halloween film (at the time) and typically am not a fan of pure horror adaptations at the event. Its one of the few houses where I've genuniely felt that I was somewhere else entirely rather than just moving through a line at a Halloween event. At HNN I usually get starteled maybe two or three times a night if I'm lucky but when I did my first run through of Halloween most, if not all the scares got me.

This is the kind of house that seperates HHN from every other event in the country. If its on par with 2014 you're in for a real treat

Before announcement: "Halloween has gotta be featured at Halloween Horror Nights!"

After announcement: "Halloween again?"

Not on the same level. OG Halloween was an all-timer, with Halloween II being pretty damn good. Halloween 4 was... enjoyable - but fine.

Everyone was expecting the new Halloween lol. Blumhouse Halloween, not a repeat of old Halloween lol.
I kept thinking they would do a house on the new movies lol.

I'm hyped for the house and it just makes sense being HHN 31. I'm even more hyped this means we might get to hear the OG theme with some OG scenes in Marathon of Mayhem.

That's the only upside.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I am hoping their reinterpretation does not involve cutting a facade. With TCM, it was pretty natural to do the gas station as the facade where the 26 version had the Sawyer house.

With Halloween, I’m not sure there’s quite as natural a replacement for the Myer’s house as the facade, so I would think - and hope - we see the house as the facade again this time.

Then again, I might just lack creativity and be a sucker for a basic house facade :grin:
I'd be cool with walking into a giant rendition of the Halloween Pumpkin, with a Myers facade later.

Everyone was expecting the new Halloween lol. Blumhouse Halloween, not a repeat of old Halloween lol.
I kept thinking they would do a house on the new movies lol.

Lol no. There were no arguments to which Halloween belonged, just that the franchise did. Either way, many of those plugged in kept saying new Halloween wasn’t happening.

I thought it was coming from the new trilogy because of the trailer playing constantly last year in the screens around the park.

Halloween is cool and everyone loves Michael and I get the hype. Yes Michael is as iconic as dracula.

But it makes me a little sad that will will probably never see Jason Voorhees at hhn ever again ...
Specially with how the lawsuit ended. I get why Michael fans are happy but I wish we saw Jason or Freddy again. I prefer jason

And at least the last Texas chainsaw house covered part of Texas chainsaw part 2. The last Texas chainsaw was a lot different than the other Texas house. So the last Texas house was different enough than before.
I hope this Halloween house have some different scenes

Before announcement: "Halloween has gotta be featured at Halloween Horror Nights!"

After announcement: "Halloween again?"

I know it's an over-simplification, though I do find it amusing considering the number of folks who were speculating Halloween due to it being HHN's 31st year.

I'll also admit I find the Halloween fatigue over here intriguing, since this is only going to be the 4th time the IP has been at the event in official capacity. Not only that, but there's also been at least a couple years between each house that's shown up. It's not like TWD which showed up for five years straight.

Conversely, I can fully understand the fatigue at Hollywood, since this'll be their 6th Halloween house. On top of that, the IP has shown up to the event in back-to-back years multiple times, and they just did Halloween 4 (for a second time, no less) last year.

Now as for me over here, I'm fine with it. I've only been going since 2018, so the only Halloween house I've experienced is H4. So, I won't mind experiencing a house of the original movie. That said, I don't see this being high on my anticipated list since there's multiple rumored IP's and originals that I'm far more intrigued about.

That house... *chef's kiss*

One of my best memories is being able to go on a solo run with Andy aka Hatetofly. We also got this iconic image.

View attachment 16503

Walking alone in that house sounds amazing.

The 24 Halloween house is special for me despite me not visiting HHN until 25. Lots of things lot in the way for me to visit HHN 24, but I would always remember watching walkthroughs of this house in particular and being mind blown that a haunted house could be so genuine to the film and effective. This house kind of driven me to visit the event.

I wished I experienced the quality of that house in-person, but if a house has that much of an impression virtually, it must be a really good house.

I don't think Orlando fans really have a big reason to gripe as it has been 4 years since we've had a Halloween house. Now that doesn't mean I want him back anytime soon, but I would like this year to be the swan song for a while before we go back to the Myers well.

Hollywood, however... I can understand the frustration.

I don't think Orlando fans really have a big reason to gripe as it has been 4 years since we've had a Halloween house. Now that doesn't mean I want him back anytime soon, but I would like this year to be the swan song for a while before we go back to the Myers well.

Hollywood, however... I can understand the frustration.
The fact that it's already been 4 years since 2018 honestly makes me kinda sick

• Wow
Reactions: uso345 and JMalez
Wasn't the most recent Halloween movie an absolute dumpster fire?

I'm aware this house isn't that movie, but many in GP won't.

Very strange announcement.

As much as I would like to see Season of the Witch, I'm kinda over Myers at this point.

I guess it's a good thing that he's not in that one.

24's Halloween is in my top 5 favorite houses and if it's not as good as 2014, I'm going to be gutted. Last year's TCM was a shell of the tent house in my opinion and the AWIL repeat was a disappointment as well.

Reactions: reeseyNG