HHN 2022: Horrors of Blumhouse | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i know everyone is talking about the "blackphone" of it all but i sincerely hope we get the scene from "freaky" where

the butcher/millie saws the teacher in half with a table saw and if they do it, i'm hoping it sprays ala the trough moment in the walking dead maze a few years back just for added gore emphasis. lol

Glad they're putting some effort into Blumhouse this year. 2017 version was oddly paced and shoved into Parisian with the leftover Purge gauntlet and the 2018 maze had a third that was just generic spooky monsters. Hopeful this one will break that trend.

Reactions: deadbydawn
The Black Phone is a fascinating gamble, especially in now full context of the film.

Curious to see how Murdy and the Hollywood team tackles that of The Grabber; as he feels intensely selective and specific to the point on wondering how it'd even be a plausible contender.

The Black Phone is a fascinating gamble, especially in now full context of the film.

Curious to see how Murdy and the Hollywood team tackles that of The Grabber; as he feels intensely selective and specific to the point on wondering how it'd even be a plausible contender.

They've done very distinctive, performance-heavy characters before (US was basically all that), so I have faith in them doing the Grabber. I'm still curious how they're gonna execute that section as a whole though! Hopefully a lot of weird scrim effects, like @Clive suggested.

Can I just say I find it kinda hilarious that Black Phone has a dude that kidnaps & kills kids... while we also have La Llorona return, also on the Upper Lot

Almost partially disappointed that Blumhouse 3.0 isn't in TWD Attraction so it'd be next to LA Llorona

Also, I already feel bad for Grabber scareactors because I can hear it already "WHERE'S MY CHILDREN!?"

It is just a straightup video store that's hilarious.

First room is gonna be full of easter eggs.
I'm really scared that there won't be a video store for the first room. The first two iterations had a movie theater facade and there was no lobby or anything. It was always BOOM right into the first Blumhouse movie. I'm scared it will be the same here.

I'm really scared that there won't be a video store for the first room. The first two iterations had a movie theater facade and there was no lobby or anything. It was always BOOM right into the first Blumhouse movie. I'm scared it will be the same here.
Considering the windows are actual windows and not like frosted glass or anything, I feel like there has to be, otherwise it would be really odd to be able to look through the windows of the video store and just be able to see a completely different scene right inside. Granted I don't expect it to be elaborate, but there'll probably be some kind of actual video store setup for the first room.

In the first of our two-part behind-the-scenes preview, we will take a look at The Horrors of Blumhouse, featuring the films, Freaky and The Black Phone.

In the first of our two-part behind-the-scenes preview, we will take a look at The Horrors of Blumhouse, featuring the films, Freaky and The Black Phone.

Black Phone seems disappointingly literal but the maze overall sounds fun as hell.