Haunted Mansion Restaurant? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Haunted Mansion Restaurant?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Haunted Mansion show building and Small World show building are literally next to each other backstage. Don't think there's any space back there

Reactions: SeventyOne
There isn't space between the buildings, but there is some space in front of the Mansion. The area behind the Tangled restrooms is large enough to do something if you got creative and took over the Momento Mori shop in front there (which connects to the Columbia Harbour House). They could just take part of CHH (like just the upstairs portion). Or, they could pull the trigger on killing the back half of RoA like they've been talking about doing for years. That would open a huge area for development and would mean they could build a connecting pathway between HM and BTMRR eliminating some of the park's worst congestion, and add a new destination restaurant. Google Maps

Which 3 QSRs are you referencing besides the Columbia Harbor House?

I was grouping Pecos Bill's, CHH and ... whatever the docking bays with Sonny Eclipse is. The three "mass loaders" with big dining rooms off the main path. I guess Village Haus as well, but that always feels set back. Still one of the big four.

Does subtracting a QSR for a full-service make sense logistically though? Like mentioned earlier, they could open up one of the other QSRs and make that open all year, but I just think that CHH is too valuable both as a restaurant and its location in the park.

That would be my biggest concern. Pirate & Parrot and Tommorwland Terrace could be returned to full-time status, but both are on the ends of the park, leaving gap in middle.

Reactions: mcusi
The Haunted Mansion show building and Small World show building are literally next to each other backstage. Don't think there's any space back there

If they really wanted to, they've got enough space between both building to squeeze it in.

I think it's a fire access road currently though, so they'd have to relocate that.

If they really wanted to, they've got enough space between both building to squeeze it in.

I think it's a fire access road currently though, so they'd have to relocate that.
That access road and everything between both show buildings are a good 15 ft down after the retaining wall and there's a pretty important entrance to the tunnels down behind the Tangled bathrooms.

As lame as this sounds, if this restaurant adds neat little Haunted Mansion lore/story tidbits I'll be a pretty happy dude.

Losing Harbor House would be awful as that's one of the few places my fiance can find something reasonably healthy to eat. Hopefully maybe the menu at this proposed Haunted Mansion place would be similar.

Alongside the usual bombast, Spirit dropped a couple shocking reveals on this:
  • NOT going in Columbia Harbor House
  • WILL have a bar (with booze presumably) and specialty cups
  • $75/plate, or maybe it's a dinner show experience (that would put it in line with Hoop--maybe this isn't going in MK after all?)
Had my interest, not has my attention.

• $75/plate, or maybe it's a dinner show experience (that would put it in line with Hoop--maybe this isn't going in MK after all?)

Sounds a little Club 33ish if you ask me...at those prices I'd expect a small venue with lots of atmosphere.
Any unused/underused storage areas in the vicinity which could be converted? Above HOP?

Reactions: GadgetGuru
If it's not in the MK I dont' really think it can work...

He also alluded to HM taking over Liberty Square with this, so I don't know what to think.

I do imagine it could work in POFQ, if it tied into the original's New Orleans Square roots. But again that is pure speculation on my part.

A dinner show in a theme park is a little strange. I feel like that's a huge time commitment to ask for when you've already paid a ton of money just to walk into the park.

None of the theme parks in Orlando have dinner shows (right?). Do any of the locals parks in Cali still have them? I feel like Disneyland's in Frontierland went away a while ago.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Disney nuts will pay it. They pay that much for Cinderella's Royal Table and that's always booked full six months in advance.

A dinner show in a theme park is a little strange. I feel like that's a huge time commitment to ask for when you've already paid a ton of money just to walk into the park.

None of the theme parks in Orlando have dinner shows (right?). Do any of the locals parks in Cali still have them? I feel like Disneyland's in Frontierland went away a while ago.

Villains show at Hollywood Studios.