Halo (Paramount+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halo (Paramount+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like....its not a bad show but just kinda F this season because its a prequel.

I guess it would be alot to just jump into Halo but thats what I want....I want a war against Aliens and this season seems soooooo focused on humans. I dont have about human wars...seen it a million times.

Anyway, hope I'm proven wrong but think season one is held back by the fact that we won't even see the Ring until the last episode or even the last few seconds of the show.

Like....its not a bad show but just kinda F this season because its a prequel.

I guess it would be alot to just jump into Halo but thats what I want....I want a war against Aliens and this season seems soooooo focused on humans. I dont have about human wars...seen it a million times.

Anyway, hope I'm proven wrong but think season one is held back by the fact that we won't even see the Ring until the last episode or even the last few seconds of the show.
This show is not meant to be connected to the story of the games at all. It's a part of what they are calling the Silver Timeline.

This show is not meant to be connected to the story of the games at all. It's a part of what they are calling the Silver Timeline.
I get it but the story we all want is Convenient vs Spartans. We all know season 2 is going to be able that, so why are we wasting time with this set up.

Like who cares about the Rebels when the Convenient are glassing planets?

Like I said and I hope im wrong but for now the plot is messy and really wish they would have tested the screens on fans and none fans but think season 2 will be that...literally they will see what most people like and want more of and give us that but by then you might have lost too many people for it to matter. Fans at least, do not have good things to say about the show and I think episode 1 wasn't that bad but thought this episode was kinda just boring set up

Episode 3 was much better then episode 2

Cortana should have been in this show since day one and still do not care about the Colonies story line.

So if they don't cut Kwan character next season, I might just be done with this show

Along with Master Cheecks needs to die and let Master Chief come back to the show. He needs to talk and have less face time and also...you know want to fight the Convenient. The fact he know hates how he was created is....just so stupid

In the games I'm sure Chief learns the truth later and accepts without being taken Earth would have been destroyed but this John can't see the larger picture yet and maybe....if something bad happens on reach he will put his suppressing chip back in and do what he needs to save everyone

So I never watched this show despite having Paramount+. Was it worth it? The early reviews along with overall lack of buzz sort of turned me off from watching it.

So I never watched this show despite having Paramount+. Was it worth it? The early reviews along with overall lack of buzz sort of turned me off from watching it.
It’s not over until tomorrow

the show is a mix bag, the fight scenes are great but….everything else is mixed
I don’t care about the rebel girl character and think this version of master chief sucks.

but they have some interesting things with some of the other Spartans and dr Halsey seem pretty well done so far

I started watching it a couple of days ago with my wife (who is rewatching). As someone who has played the game, it’s fascinating to watch as its a prequel to everything (including Reach).

Production is a touch hokey, but the vibe is remarkably true to the games which is fun.

I started watching it a couple of days ago with my wife (who is rewatching). As someone who has played the game, it’s fascinating to watch as its a prequel to everything (including Reach).

Production is a touch hokey, but the vibe is remarkably true to the games which is fun.
Ummm master chief the main character in the games is nothing like this guy

like nothing at all. He definitely would not have had sex with a prisoner of war and would not use the halo to kill an entire species

so would love to hear what you mean? Because this show is clearly anti war and anti humans evolving to save earth. Which is never what I got from playing all the halo games

Ummm master chief the main character in the games is nothing like this guy

like nothing at all. He definitely would not have had sex with a prisoner of war and would not use the halo to kill an entire species

so would love to hear what you mean? Because this show is clearly anti war and anti humans evolving to save earth. Which is never what I got from playing all the halo games
I just started watching, so I haven’t formed any long form opinions on the story of the show. I’m interested in the idea of of the Covenant attacking a species already at war with itself.

Although, I don’t know what you mean that Chief “would not use the halo to kill an entire species.” That’s literally a mission in Halo 3. He’s also tricked into attempting to activate a ring in the first Halo because he doesn’t know it would kill everyone. I can also see John forming a relationship with the first person he can. His whole relationship with Cortana in the game is predicated on the fact that he needs a social connection and the AI is the only one he has (he can’t fully trust Halsey and everyone else idolizes him too much).

I liked the show, even if the climax was rushed. I suppose I don't know what people expected. Nine hours of nonstop fighting and interaction solely between Chief and Cortana would have been boring, so I preferred this take.

I liked the show, even if the climax was rushed. I suppose I don't know what people expected. Nine hours of nonstop fighting and interaction solely between Chief and Cortana would have been boring, so I preferred this take.
The Arbiter, less episodes if it meant more action budget, seeing more or Reach so if like in the games it gets glasses I care more, Sargent Johnson because we literally have no comic relief characters and less time with Kwan and her rebellion because it doesn't matter at all with the Halo Ring out there

I hope next season we also get a Horror episode if and when the flood joins the story.

If people loved this story, cool but it is clearly a flawed story and John Cheeks is not who I want as a main character....as someone who just played Halo Infinite you can show lots of emotion even if you dont see the characters face