Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even though Monsters is an IP it’s essentially an original, so this could be a year of 70% original houses which I love

Or the rumor was wrong. Or it’s a scene in Sinema. Insiders don’t say stuff is scrapped unless we know it was scrapped. I don’t think B&W was scrapped.

I didn’t mean this literally. I was responding to a post saying “sounds like the comedy house.” Which is how people describe Sinema AND Ghostbusters.

And… to get ahead of it. I am currently expecting the final originals to be Museum, Sweets, Monstorus, and (speculation on the unknown original), “Tribute to Terror: Grave Consequences.”
Any thoughts on what Tribute to Terror would be? I’m imagining a compilation house in the vein of Horrorwood from 09/Universal Monsters with a bunch of classic spooky creatures, monsters, demons, ghosts, etc in their domains?

Even though Monsters is an IP it’s essentially an original, so this could be a year of 70% original houses which I love

Any thoughts on what Tribute to Terror would be? I’m imagining a compilation house in the vein of Horrorwood from 09/Universal Monsters with a bunch of classic spooky creatures, monsters, demons, ghosts, etc in their domains?
It was part of last years tribute store. Grave robbers stealing from the dead, and the dead coming after them to take their revenge. This reminds me a lot of Graveyard Games which I loved.

It was part of last years tribute store. Grave robbers stealing from the dead, and the dead coming after them to take their revenge. This reminds me a lot of Graveyard Games which I loved.
Won’t lie I didn’t make it to the tribute store on my visit so makes sense why nothing came to mind haha. Graveyard games was amazing I agree so wouldn’t hate that!

Reactions: saint.piss
Wow. Loving this marketing change up.

A surprise is always welcome and the timing just before summer seems appropriate to wet our appetites. I wonder if they will leverage any of this with merchandise. Whatever the reason or cause for the pivot it sure has me excited and contemplating an additional trip this fall.

I appreciate you doing these as they help with my TP work.

I try my best to do them with Hollywood--so hoping I can do double-duty for this year on Orlando too. Thankfully have the energy for them; so with each day this week likely having an original announcement, it'll be quick.

EDIT: @Gambit is probably a big inspiration for me when it comes to it; helps for the sake of preservation of HHN logos and media (especially when Orlando and Hollywood doesn't have PNG's baked in).

Or the rumor was wrong. Or it’s a scene in Sinema. Insiders don’t say stuff is scrapped unless we know it was scrapped. I don’t think B&W was scrapped.

I didn’t mean this literally. I was responding to a post saying “sounds like the comedy house.” Which is how people describe Sinema AND Ghostbusters.

And… to get ahead of it. I am currently expecting the final originals to be Museum, Sweets, Monstorus, and (speculation on the unknown original), “Tribute to Terror: Grave Consequences.”

I love the originals so much! Always my favorite things each year. @Legacy If I may ask, is the rumor for the Icon to be tied into one of these remaining original houses? Or will they just have a zone presence?

My assumption could be very wrong here, I assume maybe people thought Sweets was Icon #2, of the split rumor...but he is just getting the upgrade from zone to house. And our Icon is just this Overlord of Fear character, but I'm having a hard time tying the icon to a house. Unless Tribute is "Unearthing" said Legend which is our "Grave Consequence".

I know I'm reading way too far into it, but its all in fun, since I have zero inside information. But I love keeping up on all of this and the lore!
Just my shots in the dark...lol

Reactions: theuberguberman
Won’t lie I didn’t make it to the tribute store on my visit so makes sense why nothing came to mind haha. Graveyard games was amazing I agree so wouldn’t hate that!
That’s a shame - the Tribute Store was the best house last year! (And that’s not a dig on the houses, most of which were great).

Not to be inflammatory, but I wonder if the DreamWorks Land media reveal has something to do with the new release schedule, especially if the change happened last week.

Not to start a horse-beaten-to-death argument, but I know many theme park nerds (myself admittedly included) were a little disappointed with the immersive quality of DreamWorks Land. In the echo chamber of algorithmic social media, that opinion would likely get heavily amplified, especially when you consider that negative opinions often reverberate the loudest. This news will immediately get Universal-specific content creators talking about something else rather than dwelling on the new land, and create distance between now and the official opening of DreamWorks on June 14th. By the time it's officially open, DreamWorks Land will have the benefit of attracting the real children of tourists that would otherwise have limited entertainment offerings at USF, and the strategic reason for the land will become apparent to super-fans, regardless of actual quality. These announcements buy time.

It would make sense to me that Universal is attempting to steer influencers towards recollections of the beloved Slaughter Sinema to remind everyone "hey, we can make bangers, too", and to distract from some of the unfavorable comparisons to other themed entertainment news (Fantasy Springs, Tiana, Pixar Fest). It might be easy for some to compare DreamWorks to Pixar, but you simply can't compare Horror Nights to anything Disney is currently doing. I think it also remind everyone that Universal is edgy and can pivot, allowing them to have their cake and eat it too.

Knowing that a hand was forced by Spooky Empire to show something also makes me think someone in marketing was like "Let's keep going, this is working."

To offer some clarity, and without getting into the specifics - this is all a recent pivot. The original plan was to get your first house announcement in June. Last week, there was a decision to change course.
That's what I heard...

But until these houses are listed on the official website, or we get a press release, are they really announced or just "revealed" lol

is this just a "sneak peak" "early look" what's going on??

WHAT LANGUAGE DO WE USE

Not to be inflammatory, but I wonder if the DreamWorks Land media reveal has something to do with the new release schedule, especially if the change happened last week.

Not to start a horse-beaten-to-death argument, but I know many theme park nerds (myself admittedly included) were a little disappointed with the immersive quality of DreamWorks Land. In the echo chamber of algorithmic social media, that opinion would likely get heavily amplified, especially when you consider that negative opinions often reverberate the loudest. This news will immediately get Universal-specific content creators talking about something else rather than dwelling on the new land, and create distance between now and the official opening of DreamWorks on June 14th. By the time it's officially open, DreamWorks Land will have the benefit of attracting the real children of tourists that would otherwise have limited entertainment offerings at USF, and the strategic reason for the land will become apparent to super-fans, regardless of actual quality. These announcements buy time.

It would make sense to me that Universal is attempting to steer influencers towards recollections of the beloved Slaughter Sinema to remind everyone "hey, we can make bangers, too", and to distract from some of the unfavorable comparisons to other themed entertainment news (Fantasy Springs, Tiana, Pixar Fest). It might be easy for some to compare DreamWorks to Pixar, but you simply can't compare Horror Nights to anything Disney is currently doing. I think it also remind everyone that Universal is edgy and can pivot, allowing them to have their cake and eat it too.

Knowing that a hand was forced by Spooky Empire to show something also makes me think someone in marketing was like "Let's keep going, this is working."
No. The decision was made before media day.