Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Right, but usually they pick properties that have either been successful or they're actively promoting. I don't think Imaginary fits into either of those categories, even though I agree it could make for a fun maze.
I still think it could happen. It also makes sense to advertise their newest movie (they have nothing else coming out this year and that was the last Blumhouse related movie to release) in some way at the event. Regardless if it's a house or just merchandise or something else, it'll probably be at HHN this year in one way or another lol.

Teddy Bear GIF by Regal

Imaginary would be cool, but yeah- The Black Phone, Happy Death Day, The Purge, Sinister and Insidious were all either franchises, had sequels announced, or pretty successful stand-alone releases when they appeared at HHN. Freaky is the only one I believe that didn't make a huge splash, but that was during The Dark Times so I think there's a little more leeway there.

Moreover, I haven't seen Imaginary so I could be off-the-mark, but this seems like a concept that HHN could create themselves and market it as an original- like an off-shoot of 2009's Chucky or Dollhouse of the Damned vibes, at least for "Chauncey."

If people think Imaginary wouldn't have a chance at HHN whether this or next year in a horrors of blumhouse, have to realize we had films like Unfriended, Dracula Untold be featured at the event that weren't successful, granted we didn't get Unfriended on our coast thankfully but still its possible for an ip like Imaginary to happen and appear at the event maybe not as a standalone but partially in Horrors just for of course Chauncey lol.

Reactions: saint.piss
If people think Imaginary wouldn't have a chance at HHN whether this or next year in a horrors of blumhouse, have to realize we had films like Unfriended, Dracula Untold be featured at the event that weren't successful, granted we didn't get Unfriended on our coast thankfully but still its possible for an ip like Imaginary to happen and appear at the event maybe not as a standalone but partially in Horrors just for of course Chauncey lol.
On top of Dracula being a well-established character to non-horror fans, wasn't Dracula Untold also supposed to be the jumping-off point for the Dark Universe that Universal thought would be wildly successful and spawn multiple films? I think that comparison might be a bit of a stretch.

The reality is too that even in a universe where we don't see Chauncey Bear have a house at HHN, there will be merch, or maybe even a photo op. It definitely feels like a property they wouldn't leave out of the festivities.

I have a question for those of you that did Stay and Scream last year in September when it was apparently a nightmare. I have always done Stay and Scream but I have read in so many places now that it is not worth it anymore because of the crowds and waiting in lines for hours. The group I am going with will have express passes for 2 days and we cannot decide between showing up right after opening and avoiding the big rush, or trying to endure Stay and Scream. I did not get to go last year so I can't tell if last year was that much worse than years prior.

I have a question for those of you that did Stay and Scream last year in September when it was apparently a nightmare. I have always done Stay and Scream but I have read in so many places now that it is not worth it anymore because of the crowds and waiting in lines for hours. The group I am going with will have express passes for 2 days and we cannot decide between showing up right after opening and avoiding the big rush, or trying to endure Stay and Scream. I did not get to go last year so I can't tell if last year was that much worse than years prior.
We always do Stay and Scream on our first night of HHN every trip, kind of as a tradition. It didn't really seem worse in S&S than any other year honestly.

Reactions: drumlinetenor5

It all depends what you want to get out of the Stay and Scream....

If you don't have express passes, and absolutely must do every house in the night, then it can be a bitch as the top tier houses have people lining up line hours before the park even closes and they're stuck in the sun for the entire time.

If you're like my group, with express and patience, we'll be sitting at Moe's or finishing up our meal at Finnegan's and when they open up the holding pens, we'll close our tabs and get started.

For express, it's worth doing just to not have to deal with the fustercluck at the front gate at opening and to get a couple top tier houses out of the way super early and not be stuck in the "swarm" going clockwise around the park.

If you don't have express, which doesn't sound like your case, then S&S is pure misery spending hours in direct sunlight on the concrete paths, with no real wind and not moving for 2+ hours just to be one of the first people into a key house.

For what it's worth, in the last week of September since the Pandemic it seems like MORE people are getting directly into the house lines and it's easier to get a Finnegan's table or a Moe's barstool if you just want to chill during the park turnover.

I attended Sunday on opening weekend last year before most of the kinks were smoothed out.

Even though SNS was very (and I mean VERY crowded) it did serve it’s purpose well and was still able to knock out the front houses in about an hour (using express for some of them).

It’s gotten worse but it’s still very much a good manageable way to get more done in a smaller time.

A reminder that Imaginary is not a Universal release - it's Lionsgate. Universal has of course worked with Lionsgate before and will almost certainly do so again somewhere down the road (if not this year!), but the lack of Universal synergy means they probably don't care about promoting or using the film unless Blumhouse itself has a vested interested in doing so.

A reminder that Imaginary is not a Universal release - it's Lionsgate. Universal has of course worked with Lionsgate before and will almost certainly do so again somewhere down the road (if not this year!), but the lack of Universal synergy means they probably don't care about promoting or using the film unless Blumhouse itself has a vested interested in doing so.

Which is why they should go with the  real kind of Blumhouse horror this year, one that's a first-party Universal release:

1000000706.jpg

Every HHN house that has relied on water effects has completely flunked in those aspects personally. Even the beloved Dead Man's Wake had an entire large scene that was basically just set dressing because the pool of water started leaking opening weekend.

People talk about the curse of Corn Houses? I'll make an equal case for practical water effect houses.

Every HHN house that has relied on water effects has completely flunked in those aspects personally. Even the beloved Dead Man's Wake had an entire large scene that was basically just set dressing because the pool of water started leaking opening weekend.

People talk about the curse of Corn Houses? I'll make an equal case for practical water effect houses.
I agree in terms of physical water effects....but the water effects in the Mardi Gras tribute store gives me some hope for water projections in future houses.

Reactions: Ahmanet

I had no idea that there was actually supposed to be real water in the house lol

Reactions: kristenabelle
We did S&S last year in San Francisco (Richter's) and were able to get Chucky and Exorcist done within about 45 minutes. So 2 houses in less than an hour certainly seemed worth it to me.

Reactions: drumlinetenor5
I agree in terms of physical water effects....but the water effects in the Mardi Gras tribute store gives me some hope for water projections in future houses.
They cut the water effect mid-event lol... cool effect, but water finds its way everywhere lol

Stay & Scream is still worth it... for the less popular houses (aka the non-major IP houses lol)

Just watched Abigail. SUCH a fun movie. The whole time watching it I was smiling thinking of the possibilities of it coming to HHN. In my honest opinion if they do it right, they can make another IP house on the level of Exorcist Believer (one of all-time favorite IP Orlando houses) from last year. It reminded a lot of the first Resident Evil video game with the mansion setting. Basically that but with vampires and a lot more gore. Hopefully it happens :love:

Black And White Vampire GIF