Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So this is bordering on wishlist - and it's obviously out of the question for this year.

But with the announcement of "Jason Universe" ... I wonder if the rights for F13 at HHN may have just gotten easier to obtain.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
So this is bordering on wishlist - and it's obviously out of the question for this year.

But with the announcement of "Jason Universe" ... I wonder if the rights for F13 at HHN may have just gotten easier to obtain.
There seems to be a bit of a gray area there. Many are speculating that it's not called the "Friday the 13th Universe" because a different owner has the trademark to that name. They also made a point of mentioning all sorts of media in that announcement EXCEPT for movies.

So, are the rights to Jason easier to get now? Possibly, but they might have to shy away from many of the movie elements if they pursue a house.

It sounded like the rights were cleared up, but there might be a few more snags than we thought.

Between the Jason Universe reveal specifying "Immersive Experiences," and A24's Crystal Lake show being distributed via Peacock, I have a good feeling about Universal locking down those rights (for next year).

There seems to be a bit of a gray area there. Many are speculating that it's not called the "Friday the 13th Universe" because a different owner has the trademark to that name. They also made a point of mentioning all sorts of media in that announcement EXCEPT for movies.

So, are the rights to Jason easier to get now? Possibly, but they might have to shy away from many of the movie elements if they pursue a house.

It sounded like the rights were cleared up, but there might be a few more snags than we thought.
Yeah it's a weird gray area. They did mention "immersive experiences" in the announcement though - which is very interesting.

I'd be perfectly fine with a Jason house in the style of Chucky from last year.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys we for sure are not getting an announcement today. Remember the tweet they posted that stated if people commented their fears we would get a announcement. Well we did but not in a way you would expect.

Between the Jason Universe reveal specifying "Immersive Experiences," and A24's Crystal Lake show being distributed via Peacock, I have a good feeling about Universal locking down those rights (for next year).
Unfortunately progress on that show has been halted indefinitely.

• Sad
Reactions: bdubsCEO
Any insider right now

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

the contrast between the punk/edgy marketing of the merch and the creepy sci-fi vibe of the teaser is really throwing me off on what theme to expect this year. I wonder if the punk thing is going to keep being used or if its going to get dropped when the actual event starts (similar to the 'see you in the fog' merch from last year.)