Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something I find odd is that all these fan type locals seem to hate the Chucky House, yet it keeps up w/ Stranger Things and TLOU with the highest wait times -- figured it would be one and done with the hate it gets, but maybe (even in Sept) there is still a good mix of day guest.
The power of IP - arguably the most recognizable generic Halloween character outside of Michael Myers.

Darkest Deal & Blood Moon are top-tier houses and they have the lowest waits this year.

Then the question is if the price difference between RoF and FFP successfully spread out crowds so that Septembers are busier than the past, but Octobers (particularly Hell Weekends) are slower than the past to the point that crowd levels are more or less consistent across the entirety of the event…and if they did, should that be considered a win for the guest experience?

That would the best case scenario for Universal. Certainly not for us, the guests/enthusiasts, but we can't all have what we want.

(Still doesn't excuse some of the baffling operational inefficiencies, which seem to be hit or miss night to night, element to element.)

Glad to hear about the current IP/Original balance staying constant. I think it’s a good divide.

I think Boris Schuster being considered an icon is…suspect at best, but hey, whatever they want to tell themselves. Lol

Sometimes I think stuff is said to "keep the peace" among the most aggressive corners of the fandom. The definition of an icon has clearly changed - or seems to shift based on who's talking - so under those parameters, sure, I guess Boris fits, though I'd argue he's really only popular amongst hardcore fans and is largely unknown to the general public. Pumpkin Lord is an icon under both definitions.

Glad to hear about the current IP/Original balance staying constant. I think it’s a good divide.

I think Boris Schuster being considered an icon is…suspect at best, but hey, whatever they want to tell themselves. Lol
Totally get it but the explanation was that he’s been so integral to the lore across many years so I get that POV, too. I think it’s gonna come to the point of referring to the icons as “Headliners” or “Roleplayers”

Totally get it but the explanation was that he’s been so integral to the lore across many years so I get that POV, too. I think it’s gonna come to the point of referring to the icons as “Headliners” or “Roleplayers”

I just think a significant lore character //=// icon in the traditional sense. We still don't talk about Bloody Mary for licensing reasons, but she's an icon under any definition, too.

Sometimes I think stuff is said to "keep the peace" among the most aggressive corners of the fandom. The definition of an icon has clearly changed - or seems to shift based on who's talking - so under those parameters, sure, I guess Boris fits, though I'd argue he's really only popular amongst hardcore fans and is largely unknown to the general public. Pumpkin Lord is an icon under both definitions.
I consider myself pretty hardcore and I do not know who Boris is lol

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The fastest way to clear out the crowds would be to hold an actual Purge.

It does seem awfully apparent that the popularity of ROF has been the issue. Would be interesting to know how the mix of ROF versus FF(+) has shifted over time. There’s a $50 difference between ROF and FF now… it was $11 in 2017. $90 between ROF and FFP now… $27 in 2017. Maybe that’s enough to have actually moved people from one to another.

Then the question is if the price difference between RoF and FFP successfully spread out crowds so that Septembers are busier than the past, but Octobers (particularly Hell Weekends) are slower than the past to the point that crowd levels are more or less consistent across the entirety of the event…and if they did, should that be considered a win for the guest experience?

And it is still weird that ROF didn't stop being sold or blocked or sold out but they sold out frequent fear. Or stopped selling it,
Maybe the only solution needed is to stop ROF at a certain point. Just have a limit.
I don't know, I'm sure universal is happy about the sales but if FFP got sold out then maybe they need to have a limit on ROF

And if the closing of frequent fear was so that ROF didn't upgrade, then just cancel all upgrades. No more upgrading from FFP to FFP plus and stuff. You pick one ticket and you can't upgrade.

Last edited:
If Boris Schuster is an icon, then that derpy little pumpkin is an icon too.

And if the closing of frequent fear was so that ROF didn't upgrade, then just cancel all upgrades. No more upgrading from FFP to FFP plus and stuff. You pick one ticket and you can't upgrade.
I suspect it may not be possible to restrict this in the system other than killing off the ticket that is being upgraded to.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
We can REALLY start fooling around with deep cuts if “overall impact to the ‘event’” is the standard. By that token, Hal Geluk, Ignatia Himmel and Gabriel Fell are ALSO icons.

Reactions: Galactus
This might have been said already but as for the future of multi-night tickets a good option for non locals could be to select certain dates and number of nights you want similar to park tickets.
I mentioned this on a previous page, but I think this would be a great fix.

My trips are usually 5-7 days, so I'd love an option for a multi-night ticket that doesn't include like 15 nights of the event lol.

I'd love to be able to go on the app, pick "3-day ticket" choose the dates, and go from there.

Guessing they will be monitoring 'spend per guest' numbers since the cutoff, vs. 'spend per guest' numbers before the pass cutoff. Often less attendance will translate into more profit if a stronger spend per guest occurs and less operational costs with a lower crowd (less is more?). Anyway, this is going to be interesting to see what happens for 2024 HHN in the way of ticket types and costs.