Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We should see the return of a scarezone in Plaza of the Stars (Minion Land) next year, right? I was under the impression that Oddfellow's zone was moved closer to the gates because Villain-Con and Minion Land are brand-new additions and Universal doesn't want them colliding with HHN.

And why couldn't there have been a stage show in front of the Horror Make-Up Show? Similar to the set-up of AOV at HHN 27.
I wonder if the minions zone will ever be used. It's too colorful and pretty. Plus the restaurant was full. It sucks really bad to have this area empty of a zone.
It just makes no sense. Like you said, why no stage show in that area, Oddfellow's zone is just a couple of actors walking around. Or make the zodiac area spread longer.

I wonder if the minions zone will ever be used. It's too colorful and pretty. Plus the restaurant was full. It sucks really bad to have this area empty of a zone.
It just makes no sense. Like you said, why no stage show in that area, Oddfellow's zone is just a couple of actors walking around. Or make the zodiac area spread longer.
Oddfellow having little to no props is just bizarre to me.

We should see the return of a scarezone in Plaza of the Stars (Minion Land) next year, right? I was under the impression that Oddfellow's zone was moved closer to the gates because Villain-Con and Minion Land are brand-new additions and Universal doesn't want them colliding with HHN.

And why couldn't there have been a stage show in front of the Horror Make-Up Show? Similar to the set-up of AOV at HHN 27.
I wish they would do something like throw a quality magician in the Bourne theater. It would be easy to use the video wall for content during the show and the props wouldn't be hard to set up.

I wish they would do something like throw a quality magician in the Bourne theater. It would be easy to use the video wall for content during the show and the props wouldn't be hard to set up.
Don't think Bourne can be used. Just throw something in Animal Actors like they have in the past. Whether it be a magician (Brian Brushwood lol) or a simple stage show, I think it would work.

Not too long ago, there was discussion on why one can't easily put in a different show in the Bourne theater. Some of the factors include it's not a multi-purpose theater, it's specifically designed for one show and one show only. So there is zero backstage space to hold any kind of props not associated with Bourne, as backstage contains all the various big moving set pieces. If you're going to have a magician in that size of a theater, they're gonna' need big props which they have no room to store in. Also, there's a bunch of various protocols and security clearances due to the prop guns being held on site, so there's that as well.

Don't think Bourne can be used. Just throw something in Animal Actors like they have in the past. Whether it be a magician (Brian Brushwood lol) or a simple stage show, I think it would work.
I totally forgot about animal actors. That would make sense. I was just thinking from the standpoint that a good magician can impress people often without the need for too many large props that require tons of backstage space. I was thinking of a few of the shows at Knott's that add to the value of the event without needing to be complicated.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Oddfellow's zone feels no more or less involved than any other entrance zone. They're all duds for the most part to get the GP excited when they walk in. Honestly I think it helps crowd flow for it to be closer to the front and in front of Hollywood, I like how it helps sightlines for the Scareamony, and I love that the Pumpkin Lord Icon Photo-Op spot from last year is integrated into the zone itself in a way that actually allows for a mini-show with Oddfellow where he can be live mic'd and then walk into the crowd and scare guests on the street without any transitionary period.

Saying this year has 4 zones is Oddfellow erasure haha, frankly it's the best intro zone in years. Yall really want another Anarcade or whatever the HHN30 one was? Villain Con can have the space if it wants it.

Oddfellow's zone feels no more or less involved than any other entrance zone. They're all duds for the most part to get the GP excited when they walk in. Honestly I think it helps crowd flow for it to be closer to the front and in front of Hollywood, I like how it helps sightlines for the Scareamony, and I love that the Pumpkin Lord Icon Photo-Op spot from last year is integrated into the zone itself in a way that actually allows for a mini-show with Oddfellow where he can be live mic'd and then walk into the crowd and scare guests on the street without any transitionary period.

Saying this year has 4 zones is Oddfellow erasure haha, frankly it's the best intro zone in years. Yall really want another Anarcade or whatever the HHN30 one was? Villain Con can have the space if it wants it.

No props, barely 10 steps long. No decorations of any kind. Nothing hanging in the air, no posters or anything, no banners, barely feels like it has any actors,
There's so much they could have done, wouldn't even take that much budget. Just banners around or stuff hanging from ropes around this area, or balloons or something.....little carts with balloons or something. I couldn't believe that universal called this a zone...
We really are basically down to 4 zones and just an Entry gate that says Halloween horror nights.... it's kinda sad.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Oddfellow's zone has a couple of trunk sets strewn about, but also has a really nice stage that looks really detailed and aesthetically pleasing. I just don't know what the bar is. They're all only a few steps long and all of the sets are small, pretty generic, or just used as photo-ops. I guess I just don't get the critique outside of not liking the change of location which imo only gives the performers more space to scare.

Hi all! Long time lurker first time poster here. Since we’re talking about the Oddfellow zone here I figured this would be a good place to ask. Does anyone know what times he’s out on stage? Not on top of the sign but in front his cart. We’ve walked by a dozen times the past two nights and haven’t seen him. Would really like to see him tonight since it’s our last night till October. I find it strange because pumpkin lord was always out last year.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The death eaters in Diagon alley,

Really cool but, they walk very very fast, AND, Diagon Alley is so big, it's easy to miss them. I only saw 2 of them and they walked so fast I couldn't take a photo. They move so fast,
Then they all gathered at the end on the stage.
Really cool. I wish they had wand fights in the stage or something.
It's a cool experience if you can see it, but it's very easy to miss. Diagon Alley was super crowded as well.

The music around the park this year is more techno, dubstep this year.
A little better than last year, but it doesn't really match with the theme or the looks of the zones. Or the atmosphere of the park this year. The dubstep doesn't fit with Oddfellow.
(carnival music around the park would be better)

I miss when the park felt more horror. It's been like 4 years of nothing but techno or dubstep type music.
I know the point is to make it like a party for teens. But I hope they change the genre. Try something else.

Also David S pumpkin is ridiculous and cringe, but he makes everyone laugh so much, He literally makes everyone he talks to laugh really hard. I ended up loving him. So ridiculous of a concept that I laughed the entire time he was there, I really like him. He's very energetic

Last edited:
The music around the park this year is more techno, dubstep this year.
A little better than last year, but it doesn't really match with the theme or the looks of the zones. Or the atmosphere of the park this year. The dubstep doesn't fit with Oddfellow.
(carnival music around the park would be better)

I miss when the park felt more horror. It's been like 4 years of nothing but techno or dubstep type music.
I know the point is to make it like a party for teens. But I hope they change the genre. Try something else.

Also David S pumpkin is ridiculous and cringe, but he makes everyone laugh so much, He literally makes everyone he talks to laugh really hard. I ended up loving him. So ridiculous of a concept that I laughed the entire time he was there, I really like him. He's very energetic
Was I the only one to notice the carnival esque dubstep songs? I actually really liked the songs this year, much more iconic tracks.

I miss when the park felt more horror.

Also David S pumpkin is ridiculous and cringe, but he makes everyone laugh so much, He literally makes everyone he talks to laugh really hard. I ended up loving him.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Was I the only one to notice the carnival esque dubstep songs? I actually really liked the songs this year, much more iconic tracks.

While I haven't attended the event yet, I've heard a bit here and there tested before the event started. And this song (complete with Oddfellow's whistling) sure fits the bill!

And going off this fellows account and the song names he was able to pull up, I like what I'm hearing so far!

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet

It's so ridiculous and bizarre on how David pumpkins won't say anything except the same 3 lines that it becomes the funniest thing to see in person. People kept asking him different questions and he just repeats the same lines. Lol. People are waiting for drinks and he just sneaks up on them right next to them. Huge smile on his face. It's so awkward. He won't stop smiling and getting close to your face. I could not stop laughing.

It's almost like an experimental performance art piece, or a trolling hidden camera prank. It's funny to see how people react. Everyone asks him all kinds of things but he just repeats the same dialogue over and over. And smiles. Im even laughing right now as I type this. It's so ridiculous to see. Beyond cringe. Hilarious
-Never breaks character. Creepily sneaks up on people from behind. Won't stop smiling right in front of your face. Does his little hand dance. It's so weird
While I haven't attended the event yet, I've heard a bit here and there tested before the event started. And this song (complete with Oddfellow's whistling) sure fits the bill!

And going off this fellows account and the song names he was able to pull up, I like what I'm hearing so far!

I didn't hear that I only heard dubstep the entire night.

Last edited:
Where are the skeletons? It is well established they are "part of it"
When a lady asked him about it.
He pointed at inside the restaurant building ( or is it just a bar? And he said something about the skeletons being inside. I don't know lol.
He kept pointing towards inside the building and smiling non stop, pointing and smiling. It's freaky :lmao: :lmao:

I'm gonna have to stay by the speakers.
To see what Shazam brings up.
But yeah, the music is much nicer than last year. I just miss more traditional horror music.

It's so ridiculous and bizarre on how David pumpkins won't say anything except the same 3 lines that it becomes the funniest thing to see in person. People kept asking him different questions and he just repeats the same lines. Lol. People are waiting for drinks and he just sneaks up on them right next to them. Huge smile on his face. It's so awkward.

It's almost like an experimental performance art thing, or a trolling hidden camera prank. It's funny to see how people react. Everyone asks him all kinds of things but he just repeats the same dialogue over and over. Im even laughing right now as I type this. It's so ridiculous to see. Beyond cringe.

I was pointing out the juxtaposition of complaining about needing more horror but praising David Pumpkins...

And there's more than dubstep music. It's very reminiscent of 25's soundtrack IMO.