Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Questions for you professionals out there - the Universal Monsters house casts have been outstanding every year. Is that blind luck or is HHN singlehandedly hard-carrying the Classic Monsters universe on purpose by putting in experienced/intense actors.
It’s not uncommon for Universal to load a house with vets (or conversely, with rookies), especially when it’s something the Directors “need” to be successful. The design of the house plays a big part of that too.

Nightmare Fuel doesn’t seem to have the hype that it had last year for whatever reason, last season I saw it talked about on Twitter every night but now I only really see post about it maybe once a week. I think they could honestly put any show in that theater and it will fill the seats each night, people just want something to do that doesn’t take an hour in line to do it

Reactions: Victoria
Nightmare Fuel doesn’t seem to have the hype that it had last year for whatever reason, last season I saw it talked about on Twitter every night but now I only really see post about it maybe once a week. I think they could honestly put any show in that theater and it will fill the seats each night, people just want something to do that doesn’t take an hour in line to do it

I fell out of love with the show this year, but there's no question it fills the stadium virtually every showing, often before showtime. B&T and RHPS couldn't do that at their height. This is exactly what Ops wants. Throw in the fact that it's inherently IP-free and apolitical -- and therefore no danger of a lawsuit from the Mouse or getting cancelled on Twitter or Fox News -- it's everything Legal wants.

Is their potentially a better HHN show out there? Maybe. But a better show would have zero effect on the bottom line for Universal. HNF is working, leave it alone until it doesn't, and come up with a third show elsewhere.

I fell out of love with the show this year, but there's no question it fills the stadium virtually every showing, often before showtime. B&T and RHPS couldn't do that at their height. This is exactly what Ops wants. Throw in the fact that it's inherently IP-free and apolitical -- and therefore no danger of a lawsuit from the Mouse or getting cancelled on Twitter or Fox News -- it's everything Legal wants.

Is their potentially a better HHN show out there? Maybe. But a better show would have zero effect on the bottom line for Universal. HNF is working, leave it alone until it doesn't, and come up with a third show elsewhere.
Hey, if Nightmare Fuel fills that arena every show, more power to it. May it run until it doesn't - it's not my thing, but no show in that arena really has been (I vaguely enjoyed B&T, but not passionately), and I've got plenty else to do. I based my comments on the reactions I've seen around the net and, particularly, seemingly widespread disappointment that this show was essentially the same as last year's. How long can they run the same show and fill the theater? Let's find out.

To be entirely fair to B&T not filling the arena, it never really ran when the event had its current level of crowds. To some extent, EVERYTHING is full these days. But I suspect Nightmare has better guest satisfaction in any case.

Hey, if Nightmare Fuel fills that arena every show, more power to it. May it run until it doesn't - it's not my thing, but no show in that arena really has been (I vaguely enjoyed B&T, but not passionately), and I've got plenty else to do. I based my comments on the reactions I've seen around the net and, particularly, seemingly widespread disappointment that this show was essentially the same as last year's. How long can they run the same show and fill the theater? Let's find out.

To be entirely fair to B&T not filling the arena, it never really ran when the event had its current level of crowds. To some extent, EVERYTHING is full these days. But I suspect Nightmare has better guest satisfaction in any case.

People on Facebook were saying that it was the same as last year yes, but a couple of times I've tried to enter the show and it was already full . If you aren't waiting 20 minutes or so before you might not get in.
It is full. Every night. Not even the lagoon shows ever did that. I don't think any other show ever did that. Full at every showing.

You couldn’t even ask if the parks were opening without being labeled a hater of flood victims. I get it but its an HHN page, guests spent thousands to be there they had collateral damage as well. Again it was just an eye opener… you don’t really see this at the mouse. I get it it’s just a job to them but to the guests it’s magic. There are people that fly in from around the world maybe it’s there only visit in decades , emotionally it’s devastating for them.

Oooooof. Big, big, big oof. If you expect people to feel sorry for the vacationers vs. the people that lost their homes, you might wanna keep that to yourself.

Oooooof. Big, big, big oof. If you expect people to feel sorry for the vacationers vs. the people that lost their homes, you might wanna keep that to yourself.
Exactly what you are doing here is the attitude people had for asking if HHN was opening. I’m not saying losing a vacation is worse then losing a house , I’m saying they both suck. I Didn’t realize people lost their homes in Orlando? Bad things are happening everyday. War in Ukraine, Stampedes in Itaewon … there is always something worse. Can we never be upset about anything because someone, somewhere has it worse?

• Wow
Reactions: Spooky Isle
Exactly what you are doing here is the attitude people had for asking if HHN was opening. I’m not saying losing a vacation is worse then losing a house , I’m saying they both suck. I Didn’t realize people lost their homes in Orlando? Bad things are happening everyday. War in Ukraine, Stampedes in Itaewon … there is always something worse. Can we never be upset about anything because someone, somewhere has it worse?

Yes, people did lose their homes in Orlando. I’m in Osceola where we had flooding for weeks, my old home (that was also in Osceola County, which since it sounds like you’re not that familiar with this area, is home to many theme park employees) was destroyed by flooding and I had still been living there I would’ve lost everything.

Boohoo all you want about your vacation, just remember that you’re still in a much better situation than a lot of the people you’re complaining aren’t giving their 100% about.

Yes, people did lose their homes in Orlando. I’m in Osceola where we had flooding for weeks, my old home (that was also in Osceola County, which since it sounds like you’re not that familiar with this area, is home to many theme park employees) was destroyed by flooding and I had still been living there I would’ve lost everything.

Boohoo all you want about your vacation, just remember that you’re still in a much better situation than a lot of the people you’re complaining aren’t giving their 100% about.

This is what I mean … now you are unfairly portraying me as a hater of flood victims. “ boo boo you lost your vacation “ is what TMs were saying to on-site guests (also scared, dealing with collateral damage ) when they asked if the parks were opening. You can Feel bad for people who lost their vacations and for people who had their house flooded. One can be inclusive of the other. Why can’t we say they both suck ? We both have it better than a lot of people! It’s all first world problems. I’m not on a community message board it’s an HHN message board.

Yeah, this is a trashy take. Yes, people absolutely lost their homes. Orange County alone saw more than $200 million in damage. Some areas of Orlando had historic flooding. Some UCF apartment complexes were completely submerged to the point that the National Guard had to rescue hundreds.

Yes, it sucks for those who had a trip planned, but these are actual people dealing with literal natural disasters and people had the audacity to throw hissy fits because the parks were closed for the literal bare minimum. I promise the parks will answer your questions as soon as they assess the damage & potential working conditions for their staff whether you throw a tantrum on social media or not. You can be upset about your situation being bad, but you're quite literally complaining to the people who had it worse during the worst part of the storm. It's a complete failure to read a room.

Last edited:

Moving this over…

There’s still room for professionalism when things are going bad. My first job ever was a customer service role, I KNOW how hard customers make employees’ lives. Frankly, the majority of customers who write in to complain kinda suck (not to say there aren’t ever valid complaints, but these people really have a tendency to hit you where it hurts lol).

BUT…you can be sympathetic to TMs that were impacted by the hurricane while still condemning unprofessional behavior on social media. It negatively impacts the brand of the resort and the personal brand of those tweeting. I’ll always advocate safety before work, but you don’t need to fire off a tweet that puts your company’s reputation in jeopardy just because the guests are in the wrong.

Reactions: Alsands
This is what I mean … now you are unfairly portraying me as a hater of flood victims. “ boo boo you lost your vacation “ is what TMs were saying to on-site guests (also scared, dealing with collateral damage ) when they asked if the parks were opening. You can Feel bad for people who lost their vacations and for people who had their house flooded. One can be inclusive of the other. Why can’t we say they both suck ? We both have it better than a lot of people! It’s all first world problems. I’m not on a community message board it’s an HHN message board.

Because a vacation is not of equal loss to someone’s home. Someone losing their vacation is not the same thing as someone becoming homeless due to a natural disaster. One does suck (the vacation) whereas one is absolutely devastating. If you can’t see the distinction between the two, then, I’m sorry to see that.

Yeah, this is a trashy take. Yes, people absolutely lost their homes. Orange County alone saw more than $200 million in damage. Some areas of Orlando had historic flooding. Some UCF apartment complexes were completely submerged to the point that the National Guard had to rescue hundreds.

Yes, it sucks for those who had a trip planned, but these are actual people dealing with literal natural disasters and people had the audacity to throw hissy fits because the parks were closed for the literal bare minimum. I promise the parks will answer your questions ASAP whether you throw a tantrum on social media or not. You can be upset about your situation being bad, but you're quite literally complaining to the people who had it worse in the worst part of the storm.

No one complained, no one threw a hissy fit, no one threw a tantrum. Where are you getting all that from? People were asking if anyone knew if the park was opening on HHN site, that was it. Immediately to be attacked by some saying all you care about is your vacation. My point was it was a bad look. The park across town didn’t have TMs doing that , in fact the next day you would never know anything happen.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Moving this over…

There’s still room for professionalism when things are going bad. My first job ever was a customer service role, I KNOW how hard customers make employees’ lives. Frankly, the majority of customers who write in to complain kinda suck (not to say there aren’t ever valid complaints, but these people really have a tendency to hit you where it hurts lol).

BUT…you can be sympathetic to TMs that were impacted by the hurricane while still condemning unprofessional behavior on social media. It negatively impacts the brand of the resort and the personal brand of those tweeting. I’ll always advocate safety before work, but you don’t need to fire off a tweet that puts your company’s reputation in jeopardy just because the guests are in the wrong.

Someone airing their grievances on their personal social media accounts, IMO, is completely fine with me. People are allowed to crack under the pressure of losing their homes & having to still dish out world class service to folks who wouldn’t lift a finger for them if they were on fire cause they’d miss their dining reservations having to find a glass of water.

Reactions: Tbad556
Someone airing their grievances on their personal social media accounts, IMO, is completely fine with me. People are allowed to crack under the pressure of losing their homes & having to still dish out world class service to folks who wouldn’t lift a finger for them if they were on fire cause they’d miss their dining reservations having to find a glass of water.
That’s fine…but I think all @Alsands was getting at is that it if you’re going through it, you don’t NEED to get on social media, you don’t NEED to pay attention to annoying and self-centered customers, and you really don’t NEED to confront anyone as a representative of your employer. That’s just creating a lose-lose for everyone.

Because a vacation is not of equal loss to someone’s home. Someone losing their vacation is not the same thing as someone becoming homeless due to a natural disaster. One does suck (the vacation) whereas one is absolutely devastating. If you can’t see the distinction between the two, then, I’m sorry to see that.
Obviously…. You are upset because I felt bad for people who lost their vacations. That doesn’t mean I compare that to someone having their home flooded just like I don’t compare that to someone dying in Ukraine. Truly sorry for any damage you had to deal with. I apologize if I offended you in any way. I assure I’m not some self centered brat that only cares about their vacation. I have an Aunt that is in Cape Coral who lost a lot.

you don’t NEED to pay attention to annoying and self-centered customers

If that’s your job you do, though. Also, if that’s the argument then @Alsands doesn’t need to see any of those complaints that are upsetting them—they could block & keep scrolling.

Obviously…. You are upset because I felt bad for people who lost their vacations. That doesn’t mean I compare that to someone having their home flooded just like I don’t compare that to someone dying in Ukraine. Truly sorry for any damage you had to deal with. I apologize if I offended you in any way. I assure I’m not some self centered brat that only cares about their vacation. I have an Aunt that is in Cape Coral who lost a lot.

I just think perspective is extremely important and shouldn’t be put on the back burner. Nobody’s saying you can’t feel bad for people who lost their vacations, just that you should expect the pushback from people that see those kind of posts and disagree with them. I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt though.

I'm sorry you to get into personal loss for people to treat you with decency, here or otherwise.