Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seeing lots of ticket questions so forgive if this is not the right thread:

we’re going 9/4-9/8, what are the veteran thoughts on express/crowds for the opening Sunday night? Usually we go in mid September so this is new for us.

Seeing lots of ticket questions so forgive if this is not the right thread:

we’re going 9/4-9/8, what are the veteran thoughts on express/crowds for the opening Sunday night? Usually we go in mid September so this is new for us.

Opening weekend Sunday is kinda new for the modern event, so I'm not sure. If I was to guess, we'd see a very busy opening few hours and then a very quiet last few hours.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Assuming this is the right place to ask since i dont see a general questions thread, this is gonna be my first time ever attending orlando, and I'll be there for the entire second weekend of the event. Been considering express for at least one night, but assuming I don't have the money to splurge on that or stay and scream, what are some tips I need to know in terms of getting around and getting the most out of my time there? Is the second weekend generally more or less crowded than opening?

Assuming this is the right place to ask since i dont see a general questions thread, this is gonna be my first time ever attending orlando, and I'll be there for the entire second weekend of the event. Been considering express for at least one night, but assuming I don't have the money to splurge on that or stay and scream, what are some tips I need to know in terms of getting around and getting the most out of my time there? Is the second weekend generally more or less crowded than opening?

The second weekend is less crowded than the opening weekend. Any operational issues found on the first weekend will be ironed out and things are still fresh and functional. The best tips for touring would be to head to the back of the park houses first (MIB), then F&F, then the originals in the front of the park. Take a break outside the park, see shows, watch scare zones, etc. See Halloween, Weeknd, and Monsters last.

@Joe pretty much nails it, the second weekend is not as crowded as opening weekend for a variety of reasons. Opening weekend has become its own thing, where you have the barrage of media, bloggers and everyone who wants to see everything first. Combine that with the usual kinks/getting back in the groove in operations, you end up with a lot of crowds and some pretty long waits.

For me, the second and third weekend is a really good, sweet spot to attend. As Joe mentioned, any ops issues are usually ironed out by then, the crowds are lower and everything is fresh. This is also when the scareactors start finding their groove in their roles, so the scares can usually hit harder than in opening weekend.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I have not been in the last couple of years, but in years past I have found the 2nd weekend pleasant. I have found the Saturdays in SEPT tended to be the slowest night while Sunday was the busiest (I assume their pricing plays into this). I imagine the 'Saturday is the busiest' applies more to OCT -- folks w/ Freq+ get in the 1st SAT, but not the 2nd--

Also, I assume they still offer Express at half off half way through the event -- might be something to consider on the last night if there are houses you still want to try and get in again sort of last minute.

Just got the press release on the remaining info:

Last edited by a moderator:
With Hollywood just announcing the terror tream look like we know who the girl is in our main trailer in the corn. The screamer and looks like we see who Brock is form the Horrors of Blumhouse trailer. The jock.

Last edited:
Since the Spec thread is closed, figured I'd post this here. There are beer taps in some of the HHN bars, so that squashes the rumor in the spec thread that only canned beer would be sold at the event this year.
That rumor was squashed when they said TM could enjoy drinks at preview.