Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
looks like another day gone

Each minute that ticks by, it becomes clearer that this may be the case.

I will, eventually, be able to do my dance...

I don't think Twitter hyped anything up, multiple people heard there was gonna be an announcement on Tuesday, still hasn't happened. Universal never promised us anything, any hype you garnered was of your own doing.

I think @hhnlover is referring to the same thing I’m seeing.

We assumed the sleep paralysis demons were linked to the Succubi nature of the Nightingales. They’ve mentioned the sleep paralysis demons again, though.

Blood & Bone were pulled from us last minute. The twitter account was hyping something in 2017 that got yoinked. Bone appeared, but in a smaller role. They didn’t even want to give us his name until we clamored for it.

Sometimes my autocorrect makes absolutely no sense. Clamored to flavored?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @hhnlover is referring to the same thing I’m seeing.

We assumed the sleep paralysis demons were linked to the Succubi nature of the Nightingales. They’ve mentioned the sleep paralysis demons again, though.

Blood & Bone were pulled from us last minute. The twitter account was hyping something in 2017 that got yoinked. Bone appeared, but in a smaller role. They didn’t even want to give us his name until we clamored for it.

Sometimes my autocorrect makes absolutely no sense. Clamored to flavored?

With little activity from the account and then a recurring theme it wasn’t unreasonable to think something was up.

I’m not sure why people see the need to defend some of the terrible marketing and social media stragies in recent years. In addition to the whole Bone issue you allude to there was also the soul registering fiasco on their website that was, in my opinion, poorly executed.

At the end of the day 2017 turned into an excellent year. I actually far preferred it to 2018. So, I’ve just decided not to get too up or down about announcements in April/May/June. However, I understand the frustration folks have though, we are all looking for something to tide us over until September!

With little activity from the account and then a recurring theme it wasn’t unreasonable to think something was up.

I’m not sure why people see the need to defend some of the terrible marketing and social media stragies in recent years. In addition to the whole Bone issue you allude to there was also the soul registering fiasco on their website that was, in my opinion, poorly executed.

At the end of the day 2017 turned into an excellent year. I actually far preferred it to 2018. So, I’ve just decided not to get too up or down about announcements in April/May/June. However, I understand the frustration folks have though, we are all looking for something to tide us over until September!

I’m not defending by any means. I’m simply stating what occurred. Blood & Bone were suppose to be there. The fiasco was most likely caused by the yoink. The poor choices were not made by the social media team.

I’m less anxious for something to tide me over, and more anxious about the why.

Remember, I said it would be inappropriate for some of us to make bets. Things were ready.

Way back when Scream was Purged, my gut instincts told me something went wrong. I suspected issues had occurred when that announcement was delayed. That same gut instinct is surfacing now.

I’m not defending by any means. I’m simply stating what occurred. Blood & Bone were suppose to be there. The fiasco was most likely caused by the yoink. The poor choices were not made by the social media team.

I’m less anxious for something to tide me over, and more anxious about the why.

Remember, I said it would be inappropriate for some of us to make bets. Things were ready.

Way back when Scream was Purged, my gut instincts told me something went wrong. I suspected issues had occurred when that announcement was delayed. That same gut instinct is surfacing now.
Blood and Bone? Smarten me up.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Blood and Bone? Smarten me up.
*stands up*

Here’s how I know it.

The original plan for 2017 was Caretaker. It’s why the teaser site had an obvious nod with “Their time has come.” A decision maker (likely in Marketing) didn’t want to use him, because Chance “proved “ that Jack the only icon “worth using.” That caused the rift.

Marketing liked the concept behind what became Festival of the Deadliest, which (at the time) featured a “red” cast and a “blue” cast. From my understanding, Marketing developed Blood and Bone to serve as new icons, leveraging the zone. A&D weren’t fans of the apparent gall and refused to let the characters be referred to as icons. While Bone was completed, Blood and the alternating casts got cut (likely resource reasons).

Then, as if throwing in a final twist of the knife, A&D absolutely didn’t want the zone to refer to the Festival of the Dead. Marketing named it.

*stands up*

Here’s how I know it.

The original plan for 2017 was Caretaker. It’s why the teaser site had an obvious nod with “Their time has come.” A decision maker (likely in Marketing) didn’t want to use him, because Chance “proved “ that Jack the only icon “worth using.” That caused the rift.

Marketing liked the concept behind what became Festival of the Deadliest, which (at the time) featured a “red” cast and a “blue” cast. From my understanding, Marketing developed Blood and Bone to serve as new icons, leveraging the zone. A&D weren’t fans of the apparent gall and refused to let the characters be referred to as icons. While Bone was completed, Blood and the alternating casts got cut (likely resource reasons).

Then, as if throwing in a final twist of the knife, A&D absolutely didn’t want the zone to refer to the Festival of the Dead. Marketing named it.
Ah. I remember the Caretaker rumors, but never heard the rest.

*stands up*

Here’s how I know it.

"Jack is the only icon worth using..."

"OK, I guess..."

"But we have some nice looking skull guys you can use!"

Yeah, I don't blame A&D for being unhappy. I'd be PO'd if I was in their situation. I remember a few people that year said A&D were dumb for not just letting them be icons. Hearing this, if it is all true, I'm glad they stood their ground on at least that.

Sorry, I should have worded my reply better. I know you were just providing information!

I was really disappointed in 2017 with the marketing. However, I am going regardless (for more nights than not) and realize I’m probably not their priority when it comes to communication and marketing.

I share your enthusiasm in learning about some of the background and why things happen(ed).

Legacy, you have maybe mentioned it before but I didnt realize Caretaker had been planned for 2017!!! Ugh ..... the old saying ignorance is bliss applies for me on that one. I fear the Icons are pretty much a thing of the past.

*stands up*

Here’s how I know it.

Thanks for the insight, Legacy. Admittedly I didn't even know the Caretaker was planned for 2017. Bit of a bummer since I feel he's one of the better Icons both character-wise and track record with houses.

Gotta' "love" having a Icon shot down because someone feels only one Icon is "worth using", only to have the same group drop a couple Icons in your lap shortly thereafter.

Hollywood’s announcement fell through, but maybe Orlando’s is still on track... What if it wasn’t a shared house IP? All I’m saying, just because Murdy said no for this week, that has nothing to do with Orlando.

Hollywood’s announcement fell through, but maybe Orlando’s is still on track... What if it wasn’t a shared house IP? All I’m saying, just because Murdy said no for this week, that has nothing to do with Orlando.

It was shared.

Best guess:

They are letting us know the announcement fell through, or they are switching what was going to be announced.

Reactions: HHNManics