Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, characters are generally scarier in houses, but I also believe that zones can be quite frightening. I genuinely got quite a few scares in last year’s clownsaw zone, and in 26’s Lair of the Banshee(s?). Especially at other parks like BGT, zones can be very intense if they are either intimidating or filled with hiding places for SAs.

Chucky in a zone isn’t frightening to me. He’s too small to be intimidating, and Hollywood(zone) doesn’t have many hiding spots. I feel the Chucky and KKfOS locations really should be switched. Chucky could do with the more confined nature of Sting Alley, and KKfOS deserves the big streets for the parade invasion.

I also never claimed that a Chucky house would be “the scariest house” of any given year, just that his character has more scare potential in a house setting.

Uhh, PG vs. R-rated content is a huge difference in today’s culture.
In my opinion, I love the idea of the hard core Insult Emporium. If it means to make it PG rated as to not having it at all, I'm down with that. And it probably won't be called "Insult Emporium", but I am thinking that Chucky will be on the intensity level of chance. He will mainly be there to serve as the nostalgic character that everyone is there to see.... and BAM that's when you get scared by one of his killer toys. Obviously he will laugh at you for getting scared. It's gonna be great if this zone shows up.

In my opinion, I love the idea of the hard core Insult Emporium. If it means to make it PG rated as to not having it at all, I'm down with that. And it probably won't be called "Insult Emporium", but I am thinking that Chucky will be on the intensity level of chance. He will mainly be there to serve as the nostalgic character that everyone is there to see.... and BAM that's when you get scared by one of his killer toys. Obviously he will laugh at you for getting scared. It's gonna be great if this zone shows up.
I completely agree, insult emporium seems like it was hilarious and I’d love to have it back, but I can’t see anything close to as raunchy as that was coming to HHN as long as it keeps rising to be more and more mainstream.

I also agree that he’ll probably be Chance level intensity if he ends up showing up as a barker.

So we know Happy Death Day is gonna be involved one way or another in the MiB Tent but are we sure it’s not gonna be Blumhouse 2? A&D didn’t like it last year but idk if it polled well enough with guests to get a sequel since the cast was really good

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Uhh, PG vs. R-rated content is a huge difference in today’s culture.

I would honestly argue, that it wouldn't be as much of a problem for Orlando as it was for Hollywood in the terms of something like the Insult Emporium.

Would they need to do changes to allow the Chuckster in? Oh yeah, but I can see how he'd work within the borders of PG-13 (Perhaps 'hard' PG-13 if clever enough) borders. They would need to keep security close to that area though, encase if something did happen.

So we know Happy Death Day is gonna be involved one way or another in the MiB Tent but are we sure it’s not gonna be Blumhouse 2? A&D didn’t like it last year but idk if it polled well enough with guests to get a sequel since the cast was really good
The main reason I think HDD isn't coming, or at least isn't solo, is because I feel like Legacy will leave SOME surprises other than Meteor. ;)

Reactions: snayberry
HDD was apart of the Blumhouse Mashup last year. In my opinion the idea worked well but with there already being a “mashup” of sorts happening with Slaughter Sinema I don’t see why they’d do another one. HDD was a decent movie at best. It was the horror version of Ground Hog Day, but not worthy of a standalone. I rather take another original than to see it return.

My pitch for a Chucky-centric zone was always "Chucky's Toybox." Chucky lords over the demented playthings he's brought to life - in other words, a street version of the 2009 maze (which featured ferocious "barrels of monkeys," mutinous "green soldiers," and "deformed Barbies," among others). Sounds like something of that nature could be in the works...

The latest film, Cult of Chucky, also opened the door for some street-ready possibilities...

HDD was apart of the Blumhouse Mashup last year. In my opinion the idea worked well but with there already being a “mashup” of sorts happening with Slaughter Sinema I don’t see why they’d do another one. HDD was a decent movie at best. It was the horror version of Ground Hog Day, but not worthy of a standalone. I rather take another original than to see it return.

I think if they used as much from the movie as they could(multiple Dorm scenes, the tunnel, sorority, surprise party scene, and the hospital) it could be a decent maze. Also it was in Hollywood’s HoB maze, Orlando hasn’t done it yet

Not to nitpick, but this is the Orlando thread. And Orlando’s Horror of Blumhouse maze did not feature Happy Death Day, that was only out in Hollywood. So it would be a new property for the East Coast event

Not to nitpick, but this is the Orlando thread. And Orlando’s Horror of Blumhouse maze did not feature Happy Death Day, that was only out in Hollywood. So it would be a new property for the East Coast event

He was saying the idea of HDD in a mashup worked well in Hollywood last year, but unsure about Orlando since there already is a mashup house and doesn’t feel it’s worth being a stand alone.

He was saying the idea of HDD in a mashup worked well in Hollywood last year, but unsure about Orlando since there already is a mashup house and doesn’t feel it’s worth being a stand alone.

As someone who acted in the Happy Death Day sequence a few times, count me as someone who doesn't think it can sustain its own maze. The scares are somewhat limited by the scope of the killer, and the environments aren't especially interesting.