Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious if we are getting a replacement for Bill and Ted, or if AoV will be the only show this year. I know last year they had an elaborate tie in to Festival of the Deadliest that was destroyed by Irma. It’d be interesting if they tried His concept again.
I could see “Hook” being pulled from the dustbin...

EDIT - And Hook could be accessible in a two-park format, only in the park that already has all the infrastructure for it installed.

Last edited:
I could see “Hook” being pulled from the dustbin...

EDIT - And Hook could be accessible in a two-park format, only in the park that already has all the infrastructure for it installed.

That would work really well tbh, and they could slap it on the advertising. I might be wrong but

Hook = Dementors right?

So what, Universal finally convinced WB/JKR to trust them on seasonal events since the rampid success of the Holidays? Because if I remember correctly, Hook was rumored to be Death Eaters.

What I've heard, keeping in mind the other info (about potential houses) seems to have been confirmed. Out of an abundance of caution I'll spoiler text, even tho (1) no guarantee this is happening, (2) if it does, everything below will almost certainly be featured in advertising:

Apparently design work on Hook went very far in 2017. To the point costumes were completed--Voldemort, Bellatrix (I hear her dress is breath-takingly gorgeous, with moon rocks sewn in), and a couple Dementors. The costumes were even given a "dry run" through Nocturne Alley on Halloween night. I get a sense Creative secretly hoped someone would spot them and start an internet legend, tho that didn't happen. But it shows Creative is proud of their work, still likely want to show it off.

Assuming they can figure out the logistics, I can't think of a better marketing hook than this show.

So what, Universal finally convinced WB/JKR to trust them on seasonal events since the rampid success of the Holidays? Because if I remember correctly, Hook was rumored to be Death Eaters.

From what I remember it’s more corporate than JK Rowling who doesn’t want Harry Potter on Halloween, or it might be reverse I honestly forgot.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’d prefer Potter Halloween remain out of HHN (or available both during the day and at HHN). I’ve always been told Potter is not promoted as much during HHN to prevent guest complaints going for Potter and seeing the rest of the event.

Reactions: Andysol
I’d prefer Potter Halloween remain out of HHN (or available both during the day and at HHN). I’ve always been told Potter is not promoted as much during HHN to prevent guest complaints going for Potter and seeing the rest of the event.

I find that somewhat funny, considering Osaka seems gun ho on allowing Potter to clash in the marketing alongside other kid friendly things like Chucky, Zombies, or an extreme haunted house.

Apparently design work on Hook went very far in 2017. To the point costumes were completed--Voldemort, Bellatrix (I hear her dress is breath-takingly gorgeous, with moon rocks sewn in), and a couple Dementors. The costumes were even given a "dry run" through Nocturne Alley on Halloween night. I get a sense Creative secretly hoped someone would spot them and start an internet legend, tho that didn't happen. But it shows Creative is proud of their work, still likely want to show it off.

bill-murray-sunglasses.gif

Reactions: Andysol
Agree, if everyone wants to see HHN be neutered and a shell of its former self then include Potter...I think HHN has a separate identity and needs to be Potter-less

I’ve flipped on this issue twice. Right now, I’m for HP at HHN; only because it’s something creative is passionate about doing.

Left Half of Me: Yes! Give me a Potter show. That'd be sooo damn cool

Right Half of Me: No! Keep those Potter people out of my HHN. We don't need more people who can't handle a horror event at our horror event.

I’ve flipped on this issue twice. Right now, I’m for HP at HHN; only because it’s something creative is passionate about doing.
Me too...Why do you believe creative is passionate about HP in HHN?

I think the fears for HHN being “toned down” are a bit unfounded. I’m all for a new quality offering
I find Orlando is a bit 0-60mph in terms of reaction when people complain...That is my only hesitation..

Ok, I lied...My other hesitation is that HHN and HP just don't jive brand wise for me

Instead of marketing it as a full on “Halloween Attraction” similar to HP christmas they could just do what they do with Purge or Trick ‘r Treat to where they announce it as an HHN scarezone. That way people know it’s for HHN and wouldn’t be expecting a HP event. Also just a quick question for people with inside info, but is our speculation about houses what the confirmed house are at the moment(basically are the houses we think are coming actually coming)?

So here’s a wrap up of IP speculation atm:

Houses:
- Stranger Things
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- IT
- Trick ‘r Treat
- American Horror Story: Cult
- Blumhouse’s Halloween

Zones:
- The Purge(possible due to The Island coming out this year)

Last edited:
Instead of marketing it as a full on “Halloween Attraction” similar to HP christmas they could just do what they do with Purge or Trick ‘r Treat to where they announce it as an HHN scarezone. That way people know it’s for HHN and wouldn’t be expecting a HP event. Also just a quick question for people with inside info, but is our speculation about houses what the confirmed house are at the moment(basically are the houses we think are coming actually coming)?

So here’s a wrap up of IP speculation atm:

Houses:
- Stranger Things
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- IT
- Trick ‘r Treat
- American Horror Story: Cult
- Blumhouse’s Halloween

Zones:
- The Purge(possible due to The Island coming out this year)
- Harry Potter
Hook wasn’t a zone. It was a show.