Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In regards to HHN on the "big screen" (Silver Screen Scream?). There were rumors of Blumhouse potentially taking a crack at it.

As for "Dead Exposure" *big sigh* Ignoring the sequel house "patient zero", what made 2008's Dead Exposure so intense, memorable & legit scary was that it relied heavily on darkness & UV strobes ("camera flashes"). Forget the backstory, only the fanboys knew it. Outside of that, it was a stupidly simple zombie house.

We love to poke fun at Hollywood's "black wallz of doom", but that is exactly what you'd get for the entire house, including sets. But it worked because once that "camera bulb flashed" you'd see the scene outlined, but also a scareactor within inches of you (hope you peed beforehand). This house also introduced the infamous "crowded room" (2012's Universal Monsters did similar for their finale, but without dummies. Of course that house was a great Dead Exposure successor in general).

Can we just go the Goosebumps route & get a "Say Cheese & Die" house? ...oh right.. Disney.

Reactions: TableYe
I do think my perspective has changed recently and Hollywood could benefit from an OG house culture, I just don't think it should detract that HHN is enunciated in the SoCal Haunt game by the IPs it translates. Our Latin America houses are awesome and genuinely tied to Hollywood, I'd like to see more of that. I think Exterminatorz totally has the potential for that. I would like to see HHN-HW highlight at least ONE original house that goes "Hey - we're good at IP's, but this will really knock your socks off". Maybe Dead Exposure will be the start of something like that.
I'm of two minds on this. I don't generally like originals, but we're definitely going to see more of them, in which case I would very much prefer that they were truly original. No zone-to-house iterations; no Orlando transplants. Do something unique. But the problem there is, the reason I tend to not like originals is because they're usually bad, like Pandora's Box. So I dunno, it's a weird position. I thought Scarecrow was fine when it came here but I didn't think it really accomplished anything that the TCM maze the year before didn't.
I know most people wish they'd try "icon" films, and there's been some discussion about why that probably wouldn't work as well as you might initially imagine (i.e. many of them are more well-executed tropes than dimensional characters capable of carrying a feature, though good writing could change that). I agree that some of the originals provide great premises and foundations for original films, though, particularly the ones that are different enough from their obvious inspirations.
This feels like the habit Orlando folks have of over-calculating the importance of their event's lore. I know it's a big deal to the faithful but extremely few people outside of Orlando have any concept of it, and I'd be willing to bet that even Orlando locals who go every year don't track it nearly as closely as the mega-fans do.

It's also a huge crutch for them at this point. The last two years I've gone, I've pointed out some very obvious flaws with their event (flaws Hollywood doesn't have), and the response from people in line was basically "Okay, sure, but the lore." :expressionless:

IMG_9674.png
From @HydraGen2299, T-Pad has been painted a basic cement like texture as detailing officially begins for this facade. Specifically with the exterior beams that shoot out being rusted (specifically the one to the left).

Reactions: HydraGen2299
There's a construction thread, you should post this there instead.
Already have with the nifty editing tool; but I posted it here too as I wonder if we’ll see additional elements added to the top of the structure. Especially if it’s Texas, I wonder if they could add chimneys that could have smoke out (like how Scarecrow had the house chimney).

In regards to that facade, I don't remember where I saw it, but someone dug up a photo of an old factory/warehouse building that had this near identical architecture.

While I still wish upon every star in the galaxy (and beyond) for it NOT to be TCM again, pretty sure we're looking at a meat factory facade.

Get ready for hanging bodies- animal & human

In regards to that facade, I don't remember where I saw it, but someone dug up a photo of an old factory/warehouse building that had this near identical architecture.

While I still wish upon every star in the galaxy (and beyond) for it NOT to be TCM again, pretty sure we're looking at a meat factory facade.

Get ready for hanging bodies- animal & human

Yup, of the Swift Packing Plant that was in Ft. Worth before it was demoed in 2022.

Honestly I’m more excited to the fact that Mummy Venues facade has a hole blown into it.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
H-Lot South Facade has gotten window panes; and it seems all but confirmed now--Insidious will be at H-Lot.

View attachment 21994

View attachment 21995

Dont wanna be contrarian but I feel like it worth asking. Is that the Lipstick Face demons lair in the further, or have we ever actually seen the exterior to that building before?
Cuz even though yes, those are undeniably the same windows, part of me wonders if this is just meant to be a church/cathedral that happens to be reusing those windows, just like the Black Sabbath archways were reused in AHS in 2016. Note that the windows to the sides in the facade arent visible in Insidious.

Dont wanna be contrarian but I feel like it worth asking. Is that the Lipstick Face demons lair in the further, or have we ever actually seen the exterior to that building before?
Cuz even though yes, those are undeniably the same windows, part of me wonders if this is just meant to be a church/cathedral that happens to be reusing those windows, just like the Black Sabbath archways were reused in AHS in 2016. Note that the windows to the sides in the facade arent visible in Insidious.
With it being so close and with Insidious being a likely rumor I think it’s safe to say it is Insidious

Reactions: StopMakingSense
With it being so close and with Insidious being a likely rumor I think it’s safe to say it is Insidious
I guess I could see them doing a facade thats just an abstract representation of different locations in the further? but honestly even in the set pictures that were posted, it looks more like a window that goes from one interior room to another interior room, not an exterior. And a rumors just a rumor, insidious could be coming at a different location. This whole thing has similar vibes to when the nightmare on elm street door showed up during the construction of Scarecrow and convinced some people nightmare was coming back in 2022. If I eat crow I eat crow though.
I'm sticking with my guess that its some kind of church or cathedral for whatever the current Universal Monsters maze ends up being, Insidious could pop up elsewhere or not at all but I'm not convinced here.