Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol you reminded me of the movie The Exterminator which would make a truly horrific maze - ties down gang members and has them eaten alive by rats, puts a mob boss through a meat grinder, hollow point bullet carnage, partial beheading, and so on. Stan Winston did the effects, so they were pretty good.

I wish they'd do an Alien(s) maze (minus Predatorz), not a chance I know, it could hopefully celebrate Alien Romulus not being a bait and switch like Alien Covenant.

This is good spec.
It makes a bunch of sense. It’s D-Day, thousands of soldiers are storming Normandy, one person gets infected, it spreads, and then bam, all hell breaks loose.

I can picture the Quonset Tents being used as part of a quarantine camp to treat infected soldiers.

If we are getting Dead Exposure, would they announce it at Midsummer scream? They announced Scarecrow there in 2022. Seems like the perfect crowd

FWIW, it is cool to see them put this much effort in an original

Scarecrow is probably one of my favorite facades for how *alive* it felt compared to a lot of the other facades.

The use of the effects both physical and in lighting was genuinely fantastic; so I am hoping Dead Exposure does try to have similar balancing of both kinds of effects for the facade (if it is Dead Exposure of-course).

If we are getting Dead Exposure, do we more or less expect it to be the same as the Orlando version (obviously accounting for different space/geography differences)?

It was one of the Orlando originals I was most interested in trying, so I'd actually be somewhat excited if it is

I wish they'd do an Alien(s) maze (minus Predatorz), not a chance I know, it could hopefully celebrate Alien Romulus not being a bait and switch like Alien Covenant.
Not as long as the House Mouse owns the Alien franchise, unfortunately.
If we are getting Dead Exposure, do we more or less expect it to be the same as the Orlando version (obviously accounting for different space/geography differences)?

It was one of the Orlando originals I was most interested in trying, so I'd actually be somewhat excited if it is
Given the fact the same IPs in two different locations have always been downsized or have different scenarios, this will always be this way. The Chucky house last year at USH is different and far superior to that of the Orlando version.

Correct me if I wrong, but wasn't Scarecrowz a transplant from Orlando? If so, was anyone able to compare both versions... was Hollywood still essentially as good?

On the whole, I'd love to see more Orlando originals head our way. The concept of the coasts "exchanging" originals is not a terrible one to me... gives people who can't always get back to the other event a chance to experience a bit of the other side, so to speak. Plus, it must be cheaper for the parks, as they don't have to entirely fabricate a new maze, and instead just ship it off and rebuild what they already have. Seems like a bit of a win for everyone (except for people who do get to visit both coasts, but let's be real, that's not the majority of us)

Reactions: chris.g
I do think my perspective has changed recently and Hollywood could benefit from an OG house culture, I just don't think it should detract that HHN is enunciated in the SoCal Haunt game by the IPs it translates. Our Latin America houses are awesome and genuinely tied to Hollywood, I'd like to see more of that. I think Exterminatorz totally has the potential for that. I would like to see HHN-HW highlight at least ONE original house that goes "Hey - we're good at IP's, but this will really knock your socks off". Maybe Dead Exposure will be the start of something like that.

Correct me if I wrong, but wasn't Scarecrowz a transplant from Orlando? If so, was anyone able to compare both versions... was Hollywood still essentially as good?
I thought both were great. It's been long enough since the Orlando Scarecrow that I'd have a hard time directly comparing them, but I certainly didn't think the Hollywood version was a "B-version" of the Orlando original.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I think Universal should start making movies out of some of the shared originals idk.

I know most people wish they'd try "icon" films, and there's been some discussion about why that probably wouldn't work as well as you might initially imagine (i.e. many of them are more well-executed tropes than dimensional characters capable of carrying a feature, though good writing could change that). I agree that some of the originals provide great premises and foundations for original films, though, particularly the ones that are different enough from their obvious inspirations.

The Forsaken or even Dead Man's Pier probably skew too closely to The Fog, for example. But material like Dead Exposure, Scarecrow, or Wicked Growth feel like they have their own identities with fertile ground.

I know most people wish they'd try "icon" films, and there's been some discussion about why that probably wouldn't work as well as you might initially imagine (i.e. many of them are more well-executed tropes than dimensional characters capable of carrying a feature, though good writing could change that). I agree that some of the originals provide great premises and foundations for original films, though, particularly the ones that are different enough from their obvious inspirations.

The Forsaken or even Dead Man's Pier probably skew too closely to The Fog, for example. But material like Dead Exposure, Scarecrow, or Wicked Growth feel like they have their own identities with fertile ground.
Yup, the icons are cool but my impression is that there's so much lore that it'll be tough to balance including enough for the fans while making it accessible to newcomers (admittedly I don't know the icons that well so I might be mistaken). Better to go with something more unconnected, at least to start with.

In terms of houses to adapt, Scarecrow is one, and I was also thinking Graveyard Games since there's weirdly not that many horror movies set in graveyards. The candle hallway is a trailer moment. The Urban Legend mazes at Hollywood should probably also get a look.

Yup, the icons are cool but my impression is that there's so much lore that it'll be tough to balance including enough for the fans while making it accessible to newcomers (admittedly I don't know the icons that well so I might be mistaken). Better to go with something more unconnected, at least to start with.

In terms of houses to adapt, Scarecrow is one, and I was also thinking Graveyard Games since there's weirdly not that many horror movies set in graveyards. The candle hallway is a trailer moment. The Urban Legend mazes at Hollywood should probably also get a look.

Graveyard Games is another good one. Maybe it's telling that two of what many consider to be the greatest originals in a long while are also the most conceptually original.

I'd throw out Gothic as another example with potential.

Anywho... this is HHN Hollywood spec, so I guess we should take this discussion elsewhere.