Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it is Weeknd, I wonder what direction they go with the house? They would have already done After Hours, and Dawn FM will have been almost 3 years old by that point and honestly I think that album was relatively unsuccessful commercially. I know they did an After Hours/Dawn FM house last year outside of the states, but would they go with a fully Dawn FM house this time? I feel like it’s more likely to be something based on a new album or a house that he’s helping produce that isn’t directly related to any music videos.
Talking with a friend in speculating, but I wonder if they might try to use the final album as a back door means to push DawnFM into form. In the album of DawnFM, a radio advert plays in Every Angel is Terrifying, talking about something called “Afterlife”.

From what it seems, the final album will be having Afterlife in it as a main song, if i recall correctly from past tweets by Abel before he purged a lot of his DawnFM posts. With a lot of things lining up for that new album to potentially drop during HHN (or atleast around it); maybe they could use it as a workaround?

May even explain if this is for one coast, If XO is trying to keep certain things to the chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyPizza
I know we don't have a confirmed line up but as with most years I'm sure a lot of this hold weight. My thing is why is Universal so cyclical with these IP's in a time where theres a hot new horror movie damn near every year? Insidious in 2024 is so nuts.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
Weeknd being a Hollywood exclusive is insane, you'd think such a popular IP would be shared.
Nope that is insane it dawn fm would not be the Hollywood Excusive their is no way something in Dawn Fm has John Murdy that terrified this is ridiculous. I mean we may get The Weekend back at HHN maybe we might need to pay a small price of a couple repeats but it would be worth it if we are getting The Weekend Dawn Fm.

Last edited:
Are you thinking House 5 is Weeknd? Because I'm thinking house 5 is actually Texas.
John Murdy did Texas Chainsaw Massacre before their is no way that is accurate to the description he gave what in TCM could possibly scare him. We know that he is terrified of the drowning children in LA Llorona and he described this maze as possibly the most terrifying maze in HHN History. I'm not saying any maze is the weekend the map just feels off. I could also speculate a little bit on my post since I'm not going to double post someone on Instagram mentioned the burning warehouse symbol could be dead exposure how insane would that be?

John Murdy did Texas Chainsaw Massacre before their is no way that is accurate to the description he gave what in TCM could possibly scare him. We know that he is terrified of the drowning children in LA Llorona and he described this maze as possibly the most terrifying maze in HHN History. I'm not saying any maze is the weekend the map just feels off.

See I am not looking simply to the scariest bit in what he found; but more in what disturbed him.

If Texas is the more extensive treatment he's done; perhaps he did so because he did a much deeper deepdive to how people work in slaughterhouses and in meat processing plants? The processes that goes on in light of it; how it has resorted people to go vegan due to the treatment of animals as they are butchered and killed.

Going much more into the nitty gritty for the sake of understanding how it could then be used in a way that the Sawyers would for killing, butchering, and slaughtering people in the films as they try to use human meat as a substitute for cattle.

Reactions: ProjectScare
I can't imagine any creative drumming up that lineup and thinking "ah yes, this will be the biggest year ever! Wait until they get a load of TCM for the 6th (7th?!) time! Insidious for a 4th time! They had the Stranger Things monster 3 times before, now here's AQP monster that'll look exactly the same! More UCM! More Blumhouse! More fun with Ghostbusters! More dancing through mazes with The Weeknd!"

It all looks like pivots and last second fixes.
FNAF and NOES were both rumored to have been dropped during the course of this spec season. Having to pivot especially from NOES is kind of why the IPs are the way they are right now.

At least Hollywood is replacing the IP, Orlando may just get another original.

If there really is a drought for decent IPs….have they not considered the Thing!?!?

Can you imagine how bad-a$$ that house would be if they brought the same team that worked on the Chucky AAs to work on it??? Like come on! It’s a Universal property! I can’t imagine they would have to do a terrible amount of negotiating to do it. You would think that would be the next logical step after tackling Chucky.

If there really is a drought for decent IPs….have they not considered the Thing!?!?

Can you imagine how bad-a$$ that house would be if they brought the same team that worked on the Chucky AAs to work on it??? Like come on! It’s a Universal property! I can’t imagine they would have to do a terrible amount of negotiating to do it. You would think that would be the next logical step after tackling Chucky.

I imagine it'll be in due time, just not this year.

Otherwise, everyone should make peace with the fact that unless there's a major Studio acquisition - there will be years without a "White Whale".

I imagine it'll be in due time, just not this year.

Otherwise, everyone should make peace with the fact that unless there's a major Studio acquisition - there will be years without a "White Whale".
Well, I guess that might be a blessing in disguise. Maybe not quite as many people will flood the event this year? I know that is extraordinarily wishful thinking.

Well, I guess that might be a blessing in disguise. Maybe not quite as many people will flood the event this year? I know that is extraordinarily wishful thinking.
I wish. We’re beyond the need for a white whale to anchor the event to drive traffic. It’ll be successful without one. That doesn’t mean they won’t look to add one down the line - but in the grand scheme of things, those white whale seas are pretty dried up ATM. They have to find the right balance year to year.

there will be years without a "White Whale".
...and that's not necessarily a bad thing, nor something people should be worried about. While it may feel tempting to think that returning franchises, brands, and originals can seem less exciting compared to the potential of new films at the event, we can still expect great content even without a 'white whale.'

Is it cool to get an eagerly anticipated IP? Absolutely, but whether that 'white whale' succeeds or disappoints is uncertain. However, it's not the end of the world if we don't get these highly anticipated IPs...

That's not to say there aren't white whales the creative teams have secured; films like The Thing (1982) and Scream (1996) are, I believe, key examples. However, the list of remaining white whales is tricky due to rights issues.

Just for discussion’s sake - name the Horror IPs that haven’t been featured at the event that don’t have any tricky right issues. (And I mean true horror.)

The reason The Thing hasn't happened yet is extremely clear, and I don't know why we don't talk about it more. It would be extremely expensive to do right. Those Chucky puppets and effects were not cheap! They got away with the 2011 prequel version because they had the mandate of promoting a new movie, and I wouldn't be surprised if Universal Pictures chipped in some extra $$ in the same way they pay for other in-park promotions from time to time.

If we are talking about the chucky puppets does anyone know what else they are going to use them for instead of a chucky repeat since chucky might not be in the cards anymore or was never in the cards to begin with. I wouldn't have minded chucky but I do agree that something else would be welcoming. Also who cares if The Weeknd is a hollywood exclusive Hollywood is the only HHN I have access to so I could care less just let us enjoy this IP for once you know? Dawn Fm would be a really fun maze hopefully this IP will come to HHN this year.

Last edited:
White whales are an interesting topic because of course I love the idea of having those heavy-hitter, pie-in-the-sky houses at HHN (stuff like Alien or Suspiria or the OG Dawn of the Dead), but I'm also equally as happy with the more niche IPs like Creepshow and Trick r Treat. Like, I don't necessarily need a Suspiria but would be thrilled with a Phantasm or a Re-Animator or a Halloween 3.

The bottom line here, though, is that rights are tricky for the white whales AND the niche ones. The IP landscape is tough and getting tougher, and it's been headed this direction for years and years now.

White whales are an interesting topic because of course I love the idea of having those heavy-hitter, pie-in-the-sky houses at HHN (stuff like Alien or Suspiria or the OG Dawn of the Dead), but I'm also equally as happy with the more niche IPs like Creepshow and Trick r Treat. Like, I don't necessarily need a Suspiria but would be thrilled with a Phantasm or a Re-Animator or a Halloween 3.

The bottom line here, though, is that rights are tricky for the white whales AND the niche ones. The IP landscape is tough and getting tougher, and it's been headed this direction for years and years now.
I remember a few years ago (maybe 2017/2018?) warning that they need to balance the lineup more since the well was in danger of drying up.