Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Following a similar element of @HHN Maddux; going through the Spec Map!

• UBE Venue - A Quiet Place (Assuming if this is right; I am actually kind of interested here. From my experience with UHH; that house was surprisingly lengthy for what it did, so they have a lot of good options here. Especially if they go with using UBE for amplifying and going further in sound mixing and audio Foley than ever before).
  • Parisian - Latin American Flower (Gut tells me this is still La Catrina, but I am still down for another Latin American house).
  • Terror Tram - Blumhouse? (meh. Doesn't really pass the vibe check; but given how low waits were with Exterminatorz I can't say I am surprised that it is specifically going to have a IP. Wonder if they include FNAF in this.)
  • H-Lot 1 - Insidious (Seems to have the lantern. I could've sworn past houses have been met with warm receptions; and while it is a faded IP it is not necessarily one I am not interested on. That being said, won't watch the movies; will treat it as a original [the first film gave me fight or flight response])
  • H-Lot 2 - UM (Meh. Legends Collide was fun on the first run, second run was not great. I do wonder if the change in tent flow changes a damn thing; but I guess we'll find out. If it wasn't for the facade being made now, I actually wonder if this and Insidious are in the wrong places (especially as the past Insidious houses have been in JP Overflow with a similar tent config to what is being used now).)
  • Mummy - Urban Inferno? (hoping @HydraGen2299 gets this theory right; but it's interesting to see Exterminatorz off the board seemingly)
  • SS22 - Ghostbusters (Quite a interesting venue for this house; if this is the case. I wonder if they may use it as a opportunity to go further with special effect lighting and projection mapping)
  • T-Pad - Texas (Murdy spoke in how T-Pad isn't going to be a repeat like that of Holidayz; so this makes me genuinely interested to know what exactly is the direction they're going at here. Unless this changes positionals; highly interested).
  • SS15 - The Weeknd (Assuming this is right; I wonder what the hell the story is that this may potentially be a full on IP Exclusive for Hollywood (same goes for Texas). Love to see it; hoping this pans out).

Confused to the DWT and WaterWorld symbols; but love to see we are still potentially using those venues.
Weeknd being a Hollywood exclusive is insane, you'd think such a popular IP would be shared.
I'd love to be in a room hearing that story, if Weeknd is seemingly the IP in SS15 (Especially given the vinyl record now there).

Me looking at everyone cheering for more TCM.
View attachment 21665
Yeah... I love the TCM houses I've gotten to experience but if it really comes back this year I would be disappointed. At least wait a few more years to bring it back. I don't understand why they don't just do The Thing (do it based on the first film!) or American Werewolf in London for the classic IP slot. I would be much more excited to see either of those IPs at the event again over TCM

Reactions: c.layso and Freak
Yeah... I love the TCM houses I've gotten to experience but if it really comes back this year I would be disappointed. At least wait a few more years to bring it back. I don't understand why they don't just do The Thing (do it based on the first film!) or American Werewolf in London for the classic IP slot. I would be much more excited to see either of those IPs at the event again over TCM
Echoing a similar element to @Brian G.; Texas 2012 is in my top 10 all time houses for Hollywood due to the insanity that was the actors and how they legitimately chewed the scenery and made you scared. The energy that house had has been met only a few times; and I think Texas has the potential to do that again.

Gut feeling is that this is actually the house that made Murdy disturbed in the terms of research. If they're able to go further than they have with Texas; I think there's a lot of potential you can do with the family and the businesses that they conduct. Could even be a fun way to do more based with Texas Chainsaw 2, and Chop Top (and maybe even the theme park finale).

Reactions: TableYe
Following a similar element of @HHN Maddux; going through the Spec Map!

• UBE Venue - A Quiet Place (Assuming if this is right; I am actually kind of interested here. From my experience with UHH; that house was surprisingly lengthy for what it did, so they have a lot of good options here. Especially if they go with using UBE for amplifying and going further in sound mixing and audio Foley than ever before).
  • Parisian - Latin American Flower (Gut tells me this is still La Catrina, but I am still down for another Latin American house).
  • Terror Tram - Blumhouse? (meh. Doesn't really pass the vibe check; but given how low waits were with Exterminatorz I can't say I am surprised that it is specifically going to have a IP. Wonder if they include FNAF in this.)
  • H-Lot 1 - Insidious (Seems to have the lantern. I could've sworn past houses have been met with warm receptions; and while it is a faded IP it is not necessarily one I am not interested on. That being said, won't watch the movies; will treat it as a original [the first film gave me fight or flight response])
  • H-Lot 2 - UM (Meh. Legends Collide was fun on the first run, second run was not great. I do wonder if the change in tent flow changes a damn thing; but I guess we'll find out. If it wasn't for the facade being made now, I actually wonder if this and Insidious are in the wrong places (especially as the past Insidious houses have been in JP Overflow with a similar tent config to what is being used now).)
  • Mummy - Urban Inferno? (hoping @HydraGen2299 gets this theory right; but it's interesting to see Exterminatorz off the board seemingly)
  • SS22 - Ghostbusters (Quite a interesting venue for this house; if this is the case. I wonder if they may use it as a opportunity to go further with special effect lighting and projection mapping)
  • T-Pad - Texas (Murdy spoke in how T-Pad isn't going to be a repeat like that of Holidayz; so this makes me genuinely interested to know what exactly is the direction they're going at here. Unless this changes positionals; highly interested).
  • SS15 - The Weeknd (Assuming this is right; I wonder what the hell the story is that this may potentially be a full on IP Exclusive for Hollywood (same goes for Texas). Love to see it; hoping this pans out).

Confused to the DWT and WaterWorld symbols; but love to see we are still potentially using those venues.

I'd love to be in a room hearing that story, if Weeknd is seemingly the IP in SS15 (Especially given the vinyl record now there).
If DWT gets used for HHN again, I assume they would go for another Behind the Screams type of show? IIRC I read on another thread after HHN wrapped last year that it (Behind the Screams) didn't get the best reception from park guests. Or could they be planning something different entirely?

At some point in the future I hope that they do an HHN show in the DWT with tailor made animation that fully takes advantage of the projection mapping capabilities of the venue.

Love a random spec map drop. I can't recall seeing scare zones pop up this early, but I guess if they are based on film that would be why.

I'd really want the H-Lot T1 to be a Bride of Frankenstein Lives sequel, but the film reel symbol is throwing me off.

Last edited:
The film reel indicates it's an IP, and the Universal Monsters are counted as an IP, no matter what direction the house is taken in. So Bride of Frankenstein Lives was an IP house.
That makes sense. I should have thought about it that way, but in my brain it got categorized as an "original" since wasn't 1:1 to the source material. Either way, I hope that is the case!

Reactions: Tobias