Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The SZ was that long ago?! Nearly 10 years?! Holy hell, I am old if I can remember that as if it was "wasn't that 2019?"
Yep. 8 years ago (7 event years technically). But it was such a great high energy SZ that we actually remember it well. Which is why I hope a house returns to that same vibe.

Don't forget 2020 haha
Shhhhh..... we don't speak of the apocalypse

Reactions: chris.g
They really should do All Hallow's Evil at some point.
That along with....

- Spirits & Demons of the East (but treated like the Latin American houses or the Asian myth/legends/folklore Singapore has done)
- 2017's Urban Inferno (combined with 2013's Welcome to Hell SZ)
- 2014's Skullz (Wendigo mythology)

That'd be 4 SZ-to-House Originals. All of which are different which gives variety.

All 8 of this years treatments have been written for houses!

EDIT: House #8 is an Original-IP as-well!

In total, this confirms the ratio is 6/2, same as last year and same as it would've been in 2022 had EDR not of EDR'ed.

Last edited:
Reactions: HydraGen2299
If we got Urban Inferno & Exterminatorz as 2 of the 8 houses, that would be a great start to the line-up
There was contestion on House 1 with Urban Inferno (@HydraGen2299's theory) or Exterminatorz (which was agreed by everyone else, including myself at the time).

The fact of Borax now being specified puts a wrench to one of the reasonings that has been present with Exterminatorz. And honestly--I am here for the fun of it.

No no... La Llorona will be a show in Waterworld: Curse of the Atoll (but really, that'd be entertaining)

Correction: Terror Tram will be Defunct SZs Resurrected

Ghostbusters will still be in TWDA (with the exit exterior turned into the firehouse facade)

Parisian is still Latin American folklore of doom

The entrance SZ will be "Werewolvez Unchained" with chainsawz. (AWIL is what crossed my mind lol)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
House #1 - Original - 91 pages - some of Murdy's research included “Borax,” Quonset Hut Design,” “Cryogenic Freezers,” Bible verses from “Proverbs,” and “Sir Galahad.” For the Bible verses, he specifically read Proverbs 16 18-20

Looks to @HydraGen2299’s theory of Urban Inferno, wonders

The "mine" is a new wrinkle, but fits in with the information we've had since late last year. There were a series of quonset huts near a now abandoned borax mine in Boron, California. Some of the early Sir Galahad stories were written by Robert de Boron, which I assume is the important piece of the clue. The Bible verse:

18 Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.
19 Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed
than to share plunder with the proud.
20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,[a]
and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.

This probably could still fit in with the Exterminatorz rumor, but my hunch is we're looking at some kind of cursed/haunted mine. Not quite My Bloody Valentine, but more along the idea of a haunted/cursed/abandoned mine (more similar to The Depths at Knott's Scary Farm).

There was contestion on House 1 with Urban Inferno (@HydraGen2299's theory) or Exterminatorz (which was agreed by everyone else, including myself at the time).

The fact of Borax now being specified puts a wrench to one of the reasonings that has been present with Exterminatorz. And honestly--I am here for the fun of it.
Why does the borax reference change your opinion about Exterminatorz? I thought that was one of the reasons supporting Exterminatorz to begin with. Borax is used to kill pests...I would assume the borax mine is the Larry Larva origin story.

Why does the borax reference change your opinion about Exterminatorz? I thought that was one of the reasons supporting Exterminatorz to begin with. Borax is used to kill pests...I would assume the borax mine is the Larry Larva origin story.
Yeah….wouldn't you use Borax mines to mine for sources to kill humans? After all, we insects outnumber them a miiiiiiillion to one! ;)

Yeah that still lines up with Exterminatorz for me.

Unless Murdy somehow got the rights to The Descent?!?! lol..... imagine...........

Given the history, I'm wondering if the IP-Original Murdy mentioned is something like a NOES version of Blood Brothers - e.g. a quasi-original that let's them reuse some assets. Would line up with the sun and moon symbol on the spec map coming from the original Orlando version a while back.

EDIT: House #8 is an Original-IP as-well!

Been thinking about Murdy's posts in regards to his most recent final pitch.
Might be kinda a stretch but it being an IP Original and Murdy being really excited pitching it, gives me the vibe he could've been pitching a Universal Monsters house? He's always sort of considered them to be in that IP Original territory to my memory rather than full Original, and he's passionate enough about Dracula that he nearly named one of his kids after Bela Lugosi, so assuming the rumors surrounding that being the focus are right, that seems to fit the bill for me.

Reactions: saint.piss