Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm done arguing with you because you just come off as someone who has no investment in the series and that's fine, but this is going nowhere and I would be better off talking to a wall lol. I made some decent points and people clearly disagree with me but whatever. Most of the people on here disagree with me on everything no matter what I say so I'm getting use to it now even though it makes me sad. Just sucks that no matter what I say people gang up on me but I'm done who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think your points are valid, I just disagree with them and I'm explaining why. I'm sorry you feel like people are ganging up on you; I'm certainly not trying to antagonize you, and I apologize if I did. I think we need to lower the stakes here a little bit and try to avoid knee-jerk responses to different opinions. I don't have any negative feelings about Fallout, or people who enjoy Fallout. I enjoy Fallout, so that would be weird!

I'm done arguing with you because you just come off as someone who has no investment in the series and that's fine, but this is going nowhere and I would be better off talking to a wall lol. I made some decent points and people clearly disagree with me but whatever. Most of the people on here disagree with me on everything no matter what I say so I'm getting use to it now even though it makes me sad. Just sucks that no matter what I say people gang up on me but I'm done who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Over It I Give Up GIF

I really think this is unfair to Viking, who has taken the time to provide several well-reasoned rebuttals to your positions as well as his own perspective. He's also made it clear that he's a fan of the series, so claiming he has no investment isn't really appropriate - and frankly, saying you would be better off talking to a wall isn't respectful or necessary.

This is a discussion forum. You offered your opinion that Fallout could be a potential IP for Horror Nights - some people agreed with you, while others didn't. Both explained why! You aren't always going to convert everyone to your side in a conversation like this, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth having. I don't think anyone's ganging up on you or trying to make anything personal, and if they have, then that's on the moderating team for not curbing it. With that said, I think Viking has gone out of his way to be diplomatic and emphasize he is not trying to offend or antagonize, and if you offer a position on a forum, you need to be prepared for folks to push back... otherwise there isn't much discussion at all.

Subverting and issuing a bit of speculation:

Mummy Venue looks like a Quonset Hut. With the spacing and dimensions, it seems very acutely similar to modern Quonset Huts; where there is a garage like door and a regular door spaced distinctly close to eachother the exact same way that a Quonset Hut has.

A Quonset Hut like this--feels like a dead ringer.
1712988337372.png

If they space things right; and have the Quonset Hut act as a "Scene" introducing us to the core concept of the house--it could lead to a similar effect to that of what Killer Klowns From Outer Space does with it's preshow from 2019 and 2022 respectively.

Did this crudely to get the idea across; but it makes sense to me when considering the research and notes seemingly placed to House 1.
1712988420229.png

Does that mean I cracked the case? Maybe, maybe not. But I think a prefabricated Quonset Hut "Front" would make a lot of sense with the spacing that is at play. Especially if the approach is more similar to KKFOS in 2019 where you have dense foilage around it to give the impression of a layered facade.

Reactions: TableYe and c.layso
Not to add fuel to the fire, but this coming from you made me laugh considering this is exactly what everyone has spent the last two years trying to keep telling you about the F&F coaster.
I’ll eat my words if wrong

No need to argue but the difference is this in my mind so people understand if the same coaster was themed to potter, Nintendo or a more popular IP with marketability themes then you’d draw more people and for a longer period and the parks could sell more items themed to said ride

People literally cheered when the tram driver said F&F would be leaving the tram. It’s a divisive IP

You like it or you don’t.

Fallout isn’t in that the show is getting universal praise and comes from a video game series with a long legacy, look up the good spring’s unofficial event near Vegas the fans are passionate

Many times I push for things that obviously I’d want at the park but will also make money. People can mock me loving Nintendo but there is no doubt I was right that the demand outpaced what universal expected and has literally changed how the crowds are at USH.

I’m sure people didn’t want last of us last year and wow look it had 3 hour waits all night.

Reactions: saint.piss
I’ll eat my words if wrong

No need to argue but the difference is this in my mind so people understand if the same coaster was themed to potter, Nintendo or a more popular IP with marketability themes then you’d draw more people and for a longer period and the parks could sell more items themed to said ride

People literally cheered when the tram driver said F&F would be leaving the tram. It’s a divisive IP

You like it or you don’t.

Fallout isn’t in that the show is getting universal praise and comes from a video game series with a long legacy, look up the good spring’s unofficial event near Vegas the fans are passionate

Many times I push for things that obviously I’d want at the park but will also make money. People can mock me loving Nintendo but there is no doubt I was right that the demand outpaced what universal expected and has literally changed how the crowds are at USH.

I’m sure people didn’t want last of us last year and wow look it had 3 hour waits all night.
This is directed to everyone:

Settle down, please. People have different tastes and varying opinions… That is a FACT. There’s no need to call people out for having them, for not liking things you like, for disagreeing with you, or for thinking you are wrong. It’s really not a big deal, and the parks/events have their own way of making decisions that may not line up with how a lot of us hardcore fans want things to happen, anyway.

The discussion of whether or not Fallout could be an IP at HHN started out good, but spiraled into this chaos. There are numerous examples, on both coasts, of IP choices that make us scratch our heads in regards to why they were chosen to be at a horror event (Penn & Teller, This is the End, Ghostbusters…) and some people hated them, others loved them. And that’s how life goes.

If everyone can please stop clapping back at each other, it would be very much appreciated by myself, and the other moderators. There’s really no reason for this to continue the way it is going. Let’s all chill, be civil, and share our opinions (sans snark and sarcasm) without being sensitive about them, or angry, if someone disagrees.

Thank you.

@Jerroddragon to respond to your post specifically, yeah there were people who didn’t want The Last of Us at the event. There are always going to be people that don’t want a certain property to be at the event. But there were so many people who DID too. So, of course it was popular with the people that wanted to experience it.

It’s also not necessarily about the property, as it is about execution. Word of mouth and reviews play a big role in what people want to see at a theme park or a special event. I guess F&F could be an example of that. The execution wasn’t there for Supercharged (why you said people cheered at the thought of it leaving), but it should be for the coaster—which is why I’ve seen so much buzz around that project.

Remember: we have a relatively small portion of the theme park community represented on the forums, and the Hollywood/West Coast side in particular. What you read here are opinions of the individuals who post here, not any general consensus. So take that as you will. Opinions are very different outside the confines of IU.

Now, please, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Thanks, everyone.

You can delete this post after

My only issue is if I can’t talk about X then others need to be told not to randomly call me out and except me not to respond.
It’s to me annoying to be just singled out out of no where and expected to shut up as they get to express their thoughts. That’s my only ask

Once again you can deleted this but just expressing my frustration with others allowed to dog pile me and but I get threatened to be banned for responding to them who are calling me out
This is directed to everyone:

Now, please, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Thanks, everyone.

You can delete this post after

My only issue is if I can’t talk about X then others need to be told not to randomly call me out and except me not to respond.
It’s to me annoying to be just singled out out of no where and expected to shut up as they get to express their thoughts. That’s my only ask

Once again you can deleted this but just expressing my frustration with others allowed to dog pile me and but I get threatened to be banned for responding to them who are calling me out

Because you bring it up in EVERY thread. It's not a "being picked on" problem, it's an isolated one that you keep doing over and over - repeating the same points. @Michael S said to everyone to drop it. Stop playing the victim when there isn't any reason to.

Subverting and issuing a bit of speculation:

Mummy Venue looks like a Quonset Hut. With the spacing and dimensions, it seems very acutely similar to modern Quonset Huts; where there is a garage like door and a regular door spaced distinctly close to eachother the exact same way that a Quonset Hut has.

A Quonset Hut like this--feels like a dead ringer.
View attachment 21569

If they space things right; and have the Quonset Hut act as a "Scene" introducing us to the core concept of the house--it could lead to a similar effect to that of what Killer Klowns From Outer Space does with it's preshow from 2019 and 2022 respectively.

Did this crudely to get the idea across; but it makes sense to me when considering the research and notes seemingly placed to House 1.
View attachment 21570

Does that mean I cracked the case? Maybe, maybe not. But I think a prefabricated Quonset Hut "Front" would make a lot of sense with the spacing that is at play. Especially if the approach is more similar to KKFOS in 2019 where you have dense foilage around it to give the impression of a layered facade.

Coming also with H-Lot 2, the more I look at that it seems like a dead ringer for a supersized "Monstrous" version of the 1428 Elm Street house. The windows on the second floor match that of the main house; and similar to it, there is a identifiably easy middle space that if it's stretched to sell the "Dream" angle--could allow projections.
1713031217409.png

Coming also with H-Lot 2, the more I look at that it seems like a dead ringer for a supersized "Monstrous" version of the 1428 Elm Street house. The windows on the second floor match that of the main house; and similar to it, there is a identifiably easy middle space that if it's stretched to sell the "Dream" angle--could allow projections.
View attachment 21571
I get that, but I’m genuinely curious why they would extend the house facade, honestly. Not saying NOES isn’t coming, or that this isn’t what they’re doing. I just wonder why.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
I get that, but I’m genuinely curious why they would extend the house facade, honestly. Not saying NOES isn’t coming, or that this isn’t what they’re doing. I just wonder why.
I thought about that too—and actually look to all of the times Halloween had the Myers house as the central facade; and how each of them had things that strayed from the original house itself.

Could be a creative choice, or hell even a legal one.

Regardless of all that previous speculation and whether a certain thing does or doesn't fit, even though we've seen a solid amount of post-apocalypse properties over the years, i wouldnt mind seeing an original of that variety stylized with some retro-future aesthetic, or even just retro-retro. Stuff like Bugs: Eaten Alive and Invasion! over in orlando have really stoked my appetite for 50s sci fi horror haunts, so something in that vein would be really cool to see. Arguably we got a little taste of it a decade ago in the Electric Funeral section of Black Sabbath, since that was set in a 1950s nuke testing town, even if it was just 2 rooms.

View attachment 21571
I’ll take your stretched out elm street house and raise you the funniest option available

Attachments

• IMG_9102.jpeg
    IMG_9102.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20