Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
sardines in a can
New HHN snack... I'm sure someone would buy it
choking bart simpson GIF

I don’t think go gos or metro sets would fix that.
There's a reason to why I actually think the solution is a bit more simplistic: Roaming Hoardes.

I think things would be different if they treated it not as simply "set areas" for Hollywood' but rather having the actors rotate positions and the park as a whole gets a more traditional set of Halloween Decorations (like Disneyland or Knotts).

We are not in a position anymore to do scarezones; nor should we. The crows easily prove that Hoardes can absolutely work.

That has been a needed thing even if themed SZs existed. Put the "Halloween" back into HALLOWEEN Horror Nights
2022 is probably my favorite of the 4 events due to this in particular.

Out of the past 4 years; 2022 felt the most "Halloween" in Halloween Horror Nights. The cohesive celebration of the holiday felt strong as hell; and I think it is the biggest hole that really is present in representation for the season.

We know Hogsmeade is able to do holiday decorations; this feels like it'd be something that can do *a lot* even if it's by a little. There's only so much switching the lights to red can do.

At this point in time, I don't mind if our scarezones are reduced to roaming hordes with how crowded it's been getting year after year. I think having the 2016 approach by having one central theme for the hordes (That year being Purge) works best for HHN Hollywood.

If we really want an experience where we have "scarezones" with set pieces, we have the Terror Tram. I always saw that as more of one big drop-off gauntlet anyway.

At this point in time, I don't mind if our scarezones are reduced to roaming hordes with how crowded it's been getting year after year. I think having the 2016 approach by having one central theme for the hordes (That year being Purge) works best for HHN Hollywood.

If we really want an experience where we have "scarezones" with set pieces, we have the Terror Tram. I always saw that as more of one big drop-off gauntlet anyway.
I honestly think if they're smart; having a Terror Tram linked with a "Roaming" concept could be a good element.

A Centralized theme for the Roaming environment, that can allow flexibility (for say, Murder of Birds or Third Party representation [like M3GAN or certain IP featured]) that backs the Terror Tram's "core" theme could allow for diversity and representation on a wider scale through small groups.

Excluding Parisian, having "Roaming" actors alongside a emphasis of "Halloween" theming (even if it's like, cheap cobwebs scattered on the buildings) with the Fire Tower as the "Hub" would be great.

Having the Halloween aesthetic expanded (even with the Fire Tower staying; as that is at this point part of the core HHN Hollywood iconography); is always the biggest thing that needs to happen with USH during the season as a whole (and it goes to beyond HHN at this point).

Last edited:
Reactions: c.layso and Freak
Even in 2016 when The Purge "took over", they still didn't wander into Springfield & nothing in Lower Lot.

"NOT-Baker Street" has also been a dead area ever since 2016 as well due to being used for TWD Attraction extended queue.

2018 is when they started the lazy split theme trend of the entrance SZ just to "boost" the SZ count.

He's such a terrible character though. He comes off as USH ordering JACK off WISH.. :lol:

Hollywood Harry would make sense, but they haven't really given us anything memorable with him in the past. It's like they don't know what to do with him because he's honestly kinda basic.

Reactions: Ridesandstuff
He's such a terrible character though. He comes off as USH ordering JACK off WISH.. :lol:

Hollywood Harry would make sense, but they haven't really given us anything memorable with him in the past. It's like they don't know what to do with him because he's honestly kinda basic.

It's why this is literally the perfect year.

With the Prop Plaza effectively back; and the Hollywood sign; you have a lot of potential room to do some *weird* and fun stuff with him. Have him string bodies on the Hollywood Sign, have him "vandalize" USH props and have him go after those of the park's past.

Let him go feral.

Reactions: ProjectScare
Many took the treacherous hike up the mountain to get an up-close photo of the famous Hollywood sign. Little did they know, before it was too late, this was in fact a trap... set up by the Universal Studios urban legend ghost story.... Hollywood Harry!

Chucky taking over Tram would make sense too by that logic
Last I checked, he doesn't have a reason to burn the backlot again.

I think though my reasoning is also due to how Hollywood Harry is a character that is distinctly linked to USH's Studio Tour; and the past that it has. Chucky may be the more popular to draw in; but Harry feels the more creatively "apt" to potentially do much more with him than usual.

Reactions: c.layso