Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is helpful, thank you. So it seems both of you are saying the tour itself doesn’t last more than what, 3-4 hours? I can see the logic in wanting to get it out of the way, though if you have the RIP credentials all night, there’s still some flexibility there either way…
Yeah, 3-4 hours for the tour. The tour is definitely fun, but I think I mentioned it on a different post before before — if you’re already immersed in everything USH/HHN, you’re not really getting new info on the houses or park. The biggest benefits of the tour itself are the trolly to the backlot and the exclusive experiences.

The main benefit of RIP overall is the front of line access. When I say you walk right on, you oftentimes will literally walk right on — they don’t even stop you, just flash the badge and you cut in front of everyone, including Express. So I just think it’s smart to make sure you have time to take advantage, because the 3-4 hours on the tour can eat up your night kinda quick, depending on when you do it.

Last year we had the 5:10 slot. We ate first, (skipped lunch so we’d be hungry) then did the tour, and then had the rest of the night to ourselves. Probably not doing RIP this year but if I were, I’d do it the exact same way.

I really enjoyed the Us/Nope RIP exclusive event last year. It wasn't some massive difference from the main path but it was a cool, smaller group little experience. Other than that, yeah, the best part is the RIP credentials. Plus the food is pretty good too!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Can you Re Enter the Event? I know before you could not but wanted to see if policy has changed yet

looking back at the terms of service for my 2023, 2022 and 2021 tickets ... it appears 2021 is the last year that "No re-entry" is specified on the ticket. so ... maybe?
Then I might have to call and ask

My plan is to stay until 11 PM to get the late night express and it would really help to be able to leave the park and rest in my car vs just sitting in the theme park waiting for 11 PM

Howdy folks! Long time lurker (prior to the 2 sites merging) first time posting!

Going back to the early entry ticket, I called (haven't had time to go to the park) and according to the 1 team member I spoke with, he said that if we already have a day time ticket (annual pass in my case), we do not need to buy the early entry ticket. He said they were told it will be treated like the "day/night combo". Again this is according to the 1 team member I spoke with over the phone last week.

Curious if anyone else has gotten any info on pass members already being in the park and not needing the early entry ticket.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Howdy folks! Long time lurker (prior to the 2 sites merging) first time posting!

Going back to the early entry ticket, I called (haven't had time to go to the park) and according to the 1 team member I spoke with, he said that if we already have a day time ticket (annual pass in my case), we do not need to buy the early entry ticket. He said they were told it will be treated like the "day/night combo". Again this is according to the 1 team member I spoke with over the phone last week.

Curious if anyone else has gotten any info on pass members already being in the park and not needing the early entry ticket.

Oh boy. If that's true, going to be very confusing. Thanks for the info - anyone else have any insight?

Wait......how?

Then the lines are going to be insane if every AP an o these mazes early.....also wait I can just get on mazes FOR free if I come before the event opens?
Also if an AP is a Day/night ticket can we go to to SNW?

I feel like this has to be the CM having the wrong info

(Also Welcome and thank you for telling us what they said I'm going to have to ask the CM in the park next time I go)

Reactions: Snoops
EL OH EL. Who is running and approving this?!

I mean, I guess it makes sense that if you already have a park ticket (be a single day ticket or an annual pass), you can stay in the park... meaning the $10 early entry pass is really only for folks who aren't passholders but still want to get a jump on the mazes. But the language on the site really doesn't make any of that clear.

I mean, I guess it makes sense that if you already have a park ticket (be a single day ticket or an annual pass), you can stay in the park... meaning the $10 early entry pass is really only for folks who aren't passholders but still want to get a jump on the mazes. But the language on the site really doesn't make any of that clear.
lol

But that would mean AP's could just walk in the park and go on mazes without paying a dime.

As they have since early entry started!
I swore in years past they ask for bands before you enter the Q for Mazes even at EE, but I could be wrong

In a way, I hope its right. I will go many times if its just free to get on mazes until Oct 31ist

Reactions: chris.g
lol

But that would mean AP's could just walk in the park and go on mazes without paying a dime.
To clarify, you would also need a ticket for the event on that day. I would assume they would track it by the wristbands like in previous years. So no, not just day time guests could access it, you would also need a valid hhn ticket.

But again, this is what that I was told when I called, which is why I posted it to see if anyone else has gotten any info on this matter.

To clarify, you would also need a ticket for the event on that day. I would assume they would track it by the wristbands like in previous years. So no, not just day time guests could access it, you would also need a valid hhn ticket.

But again, this is what that I was told when I called, which is why I posted it to see if anyone else has gotten any info on this matter.
That makes more sense, still. As cool of a park as it is for AP's they don;t state it anywhere and also its going to drive lines up for EE since they sell a limited amount of those and now all tickets can sell out plus Aps

That's what I was wondering too. Having a gold pass + frequent fear for free parking and early entry sounds like an insanely good deal especially if you get SNW access.
I didn't ask about access to SNW but I think when he referenced it being treated like a "day/night combo" it was more so to describe that we would not have to leave and would be scanned in the park and given a band for early entry, like in previous years.

I'm sure SNW will only be available for those that truly have a day/nigh combo ticket.

If like previous years, day/night will have one color band and early entry would have a different color (which is the color they might give us if we are allowed early entry by already having a daytime/annual pass ticket).

Reactions: Jake S
Follow-up question to the RIP stuff since I waited too long and now the early time slots are gone for my preferred date...

If I'm looking at an 8:15pm tour start, can I obtain my RIP credentials when I enter the park at event opening (7pm) and start using them for mazes immediately? What about if we invest in early entry - can we get RIP credentials starting at 5:30, which would give us *a lot* of time to knock things out?

This is interesting. I hope it truly works out that way. Last year, I went with three friends one day who got a day/night combo ticket and I had my gold AP and FFP. We got in the park, and even though they got wristbands and I was showing both of my passes, essentially doing the same exact day/night thing the rest of my group was doing, staff would not give me a wristband, period, and told me I'd have to come all the way back when standard early entry started.

It was just an annoying, minor inconvenience having to come all the way back to the front gate just to get a wristband they could've given me right then and there, not the end of the world, but even when I spoke to someone else just trying to understand the mechanics of why they were so staunchly against it considering the circumstances -- that is, an AP holder having an HHN ticket/FFP is fundamentally no different than someone with a day/night combo -- I really couldn't get an answer as to why it was such a big no-no to just give a wristband for convenience's sake.

I'd hate for any passholders who are told, like you said, that they won't have to buy an early entry ticket showing up only to find out that, nope, they're screwed, and they can't buy an early entry ticket at the last second if the event is sold out, especially when no one there can offer up any explanation as to what the gulf is dividing combo people from APs.