Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are we still thinking Unfriended 2 in Blumhouse? I’m convinced on Truth or Dare but I can’t see Unfriended since it wasn’t exactly a hit

USH doesnt have to worry about capacity this year if no one's gonna wanna go.

I am genuinely kind of baffled. Stranger Things is the only IP with any legitimate pull.

Trick r Treat, Monsters, and Blumhouse of Horrors (with those properties) aren't needle movers. Halloween (in whatever non-2018 incarnation) and Purge are familiar elements for the event. Poltergeist is a neat get, but I'm not convinced it has any relevant pull beyond horror fans.

I definitely only paid around $200 after tax for FOTL last year later in the run. $280 for RIP sounds about right.
I paid $180 pretax last year the first Saturday for RIP, this year it's $280 (an extra $100) and that's without the buffet and drinks. I'm wondering if the Warner Horror Made Here event is a better match for the price this year :/ definitely no RIP for us this year -__-

I am genuinely kind of baffled. Stranger Things is the only IP with any legitimate pull.

Trick r Treat, Monsters, and Blumhouse of Horrors (with those properties) aren't needle movers. Halloween (in whatever non-2018 incarnation) and Purge are familiar elements for the event. Poltergeist is a neat get, but I'm not convinced it has any relevant pull beyond horror fans.
I would say Trick R Treat is a pretty big draw...but yeah outside of horror fans I would agree. A less busy HHN is fine with me though...especially if it's quality.

Poltergeist would be a big get since its probably gonna bank on the nostalgia of the IP(similar to The Shining or Exorcist) since it’s a lot of people’s first horror movie and “They’re Here” is pretty famous. Hopefully they don’t screw up the maze

Poltergeist would be a big get since its probably gonna bank on the nostalgia of the IP(similar to The Shining or Exorcist) since it’s a lot of people’s first horror movie and “They’re Here” is pretty famous. Hopefully they don’t screw up the maze
You KNOW they will. I can picture the main room where the TV looking nice but an obvious boo hole with a curtain will be there. We'll probably go through a black hallway with black strings hanging down followed by each room being choppily transitioned. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Honestly, I would wonder if the ambition of Poltergeist would be more to offer a CP like experience. As while yes, a few scenes would work well with actors and/or puppeteer's, I would think it could be a more atmospheric experience than a jumpscare kind.

Reactions: horrornights789
You KNOW they will. I can picture the main room where the TV looking nice but an obvious boo hole with a curtain will be there. We'll probably go through a black hallway with black strings hanging down followed by each room being choppily transitioned. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Apparently Orlando’s might have some abstract elements. I’m still surprised they’re putting it in the 747 Tent though, I was expecting it in Metro

Edit - My hope for Poltergeist is that they don’t lean too heavily on something like the clown or the corpses. I realllyyyyy hope they get creative with it since I think it has enough maze content if they get a little original

Last edited:
Part of me feels like they're gonna utilize the "white, lion-roar ghost", which appears near the end of the movie, a lot in the actual maze, just like how they used the demon-bull creature from TitE so many times in the maze, despite it having a minor role in the actual film.

Honestly Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat, UCM, and Poltergeist are what I'm looking forward to. I'm whatever about Halloween, The First Purge and HoB 2. Is it possible that the last 3 end up being executed phenomenally? Perhaps. I know one factor that made me not like last year was me subconsciously comparing it to 2016. That being said, I'm hoping it at least tops 2017, which is still a feasible goal.

Reactions: Joseph and chris.g
From the pics released of TrT alone and the fact that the La Llarona Lake is returning for the School Bus Massacre makes this event better than 2017 already. On the topic of Halloween, the construction pics make it look like it could have some huge sets.

Reactions: Horror Lover
Let’s place bets: How likely do you guys think it’ll be that Blumhouse 2 could go down with Clowns 3D, This is the End, and arguably Ash vs Evil Dead as one of the worst mazes of all time?