Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HOTC hadn't even started filming until 2000. In 99 and 2000 a Murdy-less HHN did unrelated Rob Zombie mazes. Despite what Wikipedia says I remember 2000 being Rob Zombie's American Nightmare and not an actual HOTC maze.

HOTC hadn't even started filming until 2000. In 99 and 2000 a Murdy-less HHN did unrelated Rob Zombie mazes. Despite what Wikipedia says I remember 2000 being Rob Zombie's American Nightmare and not an actual HOTC maze.
i guess i messed it up slightly, but it still did happen. here's some images for proof

Gas Station Lobby:

Murder Ride:

Firefly House:

Tunnels:

I did some digging and you are correct sort of. The pics you posted are from 99 and it was The Chilling World of Rob Zombie and the work he did in that maze became the basis for HOTC the film. 2000 maze was supposed to be HOTC but due to Zombie buying back the rights the maze was renamed "American Nightmare" and parts were changed to not spoil the film.

Found a great video here: that talks about them.

I was at 2000 and remember a more generic maze.

Two of the tents say ST1 and ST2, could this be confirmation for having a house for each season currently out, or possibly be a combination of seasons 1 and 2 into one final house?

BTW, I'm not gonna spoil Us if you don't want it spoiled, but from what I hear it is insane and full of maze material. It could actually be a maze in-itself, no HoB layout required.

Reactions: chris.g
BTW, I'm not gonna spoil Us if you don't want it spoiled, but from what I hear it is insane and full of maze material. It could actually be a maze in-itself, no HoB layout required.

As long as Peele says yes to granting rights it should be good to go. Wouldn’t doubt if Murdy did a Blumhouse with 2 properties(HDD2U + Us) but a solo Jordan Peele maze would be a big draw.

You know, sometimes I wish Uni would just suck it up, disregard the “social commentary” concern, and let Peele work with HHN to do a house. I would love to see a house with Get Out or Us (Even with what little was seen from the trailer).
The good news for that at least is Peele has said that Us isn't particularly politically focused, and is more of a straight up horror film than Get Out, so the chances of getting Us at least are pretty decent.

The fact that Get Out was off the table for socio-political reasons, but The First Purge was one of the first few mazes announced will always irk me. Granted they had to cut out a lot of stuff from the film for obvious reasons in the maze, and it clearly showed, but still. I don't think it would've killed them to maybe include Get Out in HoB 2 to fill up the blackout rooms.