Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 452 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we talk about "Scene 4" instead of the spike? I figured we'd just be speeding up at Launch 1 and zipping super quickly through the ruins and into the hut without much time for a scene. So are we zipping super quickly past some creatures or what?
If I didn’t label a scene it’s either because I don’t know, or there isn’t anything remarkable going on during it. 4 is an unremarkable one. I mean it’ll be our first chance really taking it all in. We’ll go under the ruins, and quickly approach the round structure. That’s pretty much scene 4.

Now, scene 2, somehow no one has brought up yet and that surprises me.

Reactions: Scott W.
I like this picture @Alicia
DSC00837.jpg

First- The windows. Do we think they are going to get the F&F treatment where they are made to look like real glass windows? Maybe stained glass?

Second- The "ruins" vibe at the bottom looks great w/ the moss. Clearly there is a ton of stonework and ruins throughout the Queue (that is part of the queue, right?)

Third- Look at the bird and bird's nest on the lights on the top right. Lol

If I didn’t label a scene it’s either because I don’t know, or there isn’t anything remarkable going on during it. 4 is an unremarkable one. I mean it’ll be our first chance really taking it all in. We’ll go under the ruins, and quickly approach the round structure. That’s pretty much scene 4.

Now, scene 2, somehow no one has brought up yet and that surprises me.

Scene 2 eh?

Reactions: Alicia
I like this picture @Alicia
DSC00837.jpg

First- The windows. Do we think they are going to get the F&F treatment where they are made to look like real glass windows? Maybe stained glass?

Second- The "ruins" vibe at the bottom looks great w/ the moss. Clearly there is a ton of stonework and ruins throughout the Queue (that is part of the queue, right?)

Third- Look at the bird and bird's nest on the lights on the top right. Lol
The windows here will be seen from the exterior queue and on the ride.

The exterior theming will mostly contain ruins, but not all of it will be old/ruins.

Getting word that the inside queue is not ruins.

I've added a tiny delay so it's only a little less ridiculous now.

It obviously won't be as dense as that but the trees surrounding the track should be thick enough to block out the other parts of the coaster and depending on where you could be viewing from, you could have up to 7 or 8 layers of trees and from a low angle.

Realistically, I don't know how visible the spike will even be once the trees are all planted but I fully expect this to look like a legit forest and given how much land Universal have used for this, I think it will look tightly packed.

For sure! I just don’t want there to be more expectations that could be sadly be dashed if there isn’t a lush giant forest.

There's a break run on the bottom portion of track after the spike but before the track switch, if I'm remembering correctly
Alright Thanks, but that answer raised another question, I am wondering, IF! something wrong happens and RV must stop at that spike area brake... (This is the layout I'm picturing in my mind: "Track - Launch - Track Switch - Brake - Spike") Where would the momentum come from to fishing the rest of the ride? Because if the brake where on the spike, then the momentum comes from the reverse drop of the spike, but on a flat brake track, Would the RV have to reverse to the beginning of launch and try again? sounds like a long down time.

For sure! I just don’t want there to be more expectations that could be sadly be dashed if there isn’t a lush giant forest.
Well, remembering Volcano Bay construction...A lot of the trees and shrubs were put in once the project was kind of wrapping up....It seems they are doing a similar thing with this construction

Although, I'm sure some stuff will be left to grow in and thicken up a bit

Reactions: Andysol
Well, remembering Volcano Bay construction...A lot of the trees and shrubs were put in once the project was kind of wrapping up....It seems they are doing a similar thing with this construction

Aquatica had the same problem when it opened and one of the biggest complaints was the lack of shade but the trees grew.

I care more about the ride experience than the outside view but given that it's Potter, I don't expect anything less than perfect. We're our own worst enemies here. Set crazy high expectations founded on baseless rumours. Maybe Universal are reading this and taking notes for the new park.

Aquatica had the same problem when it opened and one of the biggest complaints was the lack of shade but the trees grew.

I care more about the ride experience than the outside view but given that it's Potter, I don't expect anything less than perfect. We're our own worst enemies here. Set crazy high expectations founded on baseless rumours. Maybe Universal are reading this and taking notes for the new park.
Universal survey's like crazy. They probably already have all the statistical info they'll need from the general public. ...And from a lot of the stuff I read from ultra fan sites, if I was Universal, I'd do the opposite of what the ultra fans, me included, want. I don't think many of them have the real pulse of the general public's wants.

Reactions: Scott W.
This is off topic. I collect pins based on places I've visited. Is this a "cool" HP pin for a theme park collection? I'm not a big Potter fan so I have no idea what is symbolic.
P-Golden-Snitch-Pin-1230792.JPG
The golden snitch is pretty iconic for Harry Potter. This is what needs to be caught in the Wizarding world's sport, Quidditch. This is significant in the movies and even more so in the books, as Quidditch plays an important part in Harry's life. Yes, this is a "cool" HP pin. Besides a gryffindor team emblem, or lighting effect pin, this shouts out HP to any person somewhat knowledgeable of HP.

Universal survey's like crazy. They probably already have all the statistical info they'll need from the general public. ...And from a lot of the stuff I read from ultra fan sites, if I was Universal, I'd do the opposite of what the ultra fans, me included, want. I don't think many of them have the real pulse of the general public's wants.

Excellent points. There's probably a middle ground some where but I think we can all agree that the screen heavy rides being in the rear view mirror are for the best.

Anyway, bring on the Bio aerials!

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog

Definitely I expect a young sparse forest for at least the first few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.