Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 445 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without enclosing the spike, I'll be intrigued to see how they avoid making that beat in the ride something other than a non-sequitur. Presumably something was going to happen (within the narrative of the ride) inside that cave that justifies why we stop and then head backwards, but with it now just being out in the open, I don't know what they're intending for us to understand about what's happening in that moment.
Our motorbike stalling out, with sound cues on board, will still work I suppose. It just won't be pitch black dark anymore, which kind of ruins the mystery of how high up we are.

I would assume this had to be the plan for a long time now? Or else they would have had structures built to support enclosing the spike. I guess we were just hopeful?

I would assume this had to be the plan for a long time now? Or else they would have had structures built to support enclosing the spike. I guess we were just hopeful?
They cleared the land to the left of the spike and prepped for foundation, so I was holding out hope. But when Fluffy's foundation was poured and this wasn't I got sad.

The budget for a return elevator in Gringotts was cut early in development. Depends on when things are approved.
That would have been awful

New tangent: Wouldn't it be interesting to see an entertainment offering as part of the queue?
Scareactors confirmed

Seriously though, a room structured like the witch room in Kong, but with real actors and a small (more happy) show would be super fun

Reactions: Andysol and Quint
If all that had been said is true, it’s going to look really stupid having this barebones spike sticking out of the middle of the new Harry Potter roller coaster. Go ahead and bash, but somebody has to say it. This is going to be the new back side of Krakatau as far as I’m concerned. Get it together Universal, quality is all about the details! That’s why Disney gets 20 mil guests and SeaWorld gets 3 mil and their only 5 miles apart. If you budget cut everything people will eventually take notice.

If all that had been said is true, it’s going to look really stupid having this barebones spike sticking out of the middle of the new Harry Potter roller coaster. Go ahead and bash, but somebody has to say it. This is going to be the new back side of Krakatau as far as I’m concerned. Get it together Universal, quality is all about the details! That’s why Disney gets 20 mil guests and SeaWorld gets 3 mil and their only 5 miles apart. If you budget cut everything people will eventually take notice.
Ummmm Disney has budget cuts on rides also. Look at all of Toy Story Land. This isn’t a good thing, but let’s not act like Disney doesn’t do it too.

If we didn't know the original plans, we mighta thought it was cool to see what that part of the ride is like ahead of time. Could create excitement while getting in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.