Ghostbusters coming back to UO? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters coming back to UO?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One problem with a ride/attraction based on the original Ghostbusters is their age. Unless they do it like the 90s & have lookalike actors rather than screenbased footage. Even queue video.

However, if they set it to modern day, you can have them reprise their roles in the mentor capacity. Rip-off/Copy the Transformers & MIB gimmick of us being the "new recruits"
The original show at Universal didn’t utilize the actors’ likenesses right?

The original show at Universal didn’t utilize the actors’ likenesses right?
They did, including the revamped 2.0 version which added Luis Tulley to the pre-show. But it was such a short stage presence of the actual on-stage actors.

However, the street show, I believe they went for very loose interpretations. Like they were supposed to be a "new crew" for Beetlejuice to torment.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They did, including the revamped 2.0 version which added Luis Tulley to the pre-show. But it was such a short stage presence of the actual on-stage actors.

However, the street show, I believe they went for very loose interpretations. Like they were supposed to be a "new crew" for Beetlejuice to torment.
What I mean is, the actual actors did not film any new content for it. Their characters appear in the show, but not the actors. Not even the original actors’ voices are used, similar to Matt Damon not being used for Bourne Stuntacular.

So, it would not matter how old the original actors are now if they were to do a show like that today, since they don’t involve them in the original anyway. I think like you said originally, they’d just go the lookalike route like the original show for a new show.